Card issuers nowadays offer a wide range of credit cards to fulfill all the requirements of different segments of individuals. One such segment is the people who spend very often on fuel. Just like other categories like travel, shopping, entertainment, etc, fuel has become a popular category among credit card issuers as well as users. Many popular card issuers including HDFC Bank, SBI Card, ICICI Bank, BoB Financial, etc offer co-branded fuel credit cards. We are going to talk about two of these cards today. Both, the ICICI Bank and BoB Financial, offer co-branded credit cards in partnership with HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited). The ICICI Bank issues a total of three HPCL co-branded credit cards whereas BoB Financial issues only one card named ‘HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card‘ that has been launched recently. This card issued by BoB Financial is very similar to the ‘ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card’.
While searching for affordable fuel credit cards, one can easily get confused between these two cards as they charge a similar annual fee, offer similar reward rates, and even the travel & entertainment benefits of both the cards are almost the same. However, there are slight differences that you can recognize only after going through all their features in detail. To help you out with the same, we are here with a detailed comparison between the HPCL BoB ENERGIE Credit Card and ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card. Keep reading for more information:
HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card
The HPCL BoB ENERGIE Credit Card has been launched recently by BoB Financial in collaboration with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited. It is the first fuel card launched by the Bank of Baroda and is expected to benefit those who frequently purchase fuel from HPCL pumps. With an annual membership fee of Rs. 499 only, this card offers a very good reward rate on fuel purchases, and a decent percentage of reward on other categories as well. Apart from rewards and fuel benefits, the ENERGIE Card offers complimentary lounge access, exciting entertainment benefits, and many more to its customers, so that they can enjoy advantages over different categories. The following are some of the best features and benefits of this credit card in detail:
- The Card offers a welcome benefit of 2,000 Reward Points to the cardholders on spending a minimum of Rs. 5,000 within the first 60 days of card issuance.
- The cardholders can earn 24 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent on fuel purchases at HPCL pumps. Apart from this, they get an additional value back of 1.5% (in the form of Payback Points) on paying through the HP Pay app.
- The card offers 10 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150 on groceries & departmental stores and 2 Reward Points elsewhere.
- The monetary value of 1 BoB Reward Point = Re. 0.25.
- The cardholders get 4 complimentary domestic lounge access every year.
- The ENERGIE Credit Card also offers a 25% discount up to Rs. 100 on movie ticket bookings via BookMyShow.
- 1% Fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions.
- The annual fee of Rs. 499 is waived off on achieving an annual spend of Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card
The Super Saver Credit Card is one of the three co-branded cards issued by the ICICI Bank in partnership with HPCL. It was launched in July 2021, and very soon became an ideal choice for many. This card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500 and provides a really good reward rate across all the categories. The cardholders can save up to 5% on their purchases and get additional cashback on fuel purchases at HPCL pumps. Talking about the other privileges of this card, it offers exciting discounts on movies and complimentary lounge access to several participating airport lounges in India. To understand the features and benefits of this card in more detail, refer to the following points:
- The cardholders get an activation benefit of 2,000 bonus Reward Points on spending a minimum of Rs. 5,000 within the first 45 days of card issuance.
- The Super Saver card offers a 4% cashback on fuel purchases at HPCL pumps. Apart from this, cardholders can earn an additional cashback of 1.5% on using the HP Pay app for fuel transactions.
- The cardholders can earn 5% cashback on departmental stores & groceries, and 2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 on other purchases.
- The cashback is earned in the form of ICICI Reward Points and 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25.
- The cardholders can enjoy a discount of 25% (up to Rs. 100) on movie ticket bookings via BookMyShow twice every month.
- The card offers 1 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter, but in order to avail of this benefit, the cardholders need to spend a minimum of Rs. 5,000 in the previous quarter.
- A 1% fuel surcharge waiver is offered on all fuel transactions at HPCL pumps.
- The annual fee is waived on spending Rs. 1.5 lakh or more in the previous year.
|Factors||HPCL BoB ENERGIE Credit Card||ICICI bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card|
|Complimentary Lounge Access||
The two cards, HPCL BoB ENERGIE & ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver, are very much similar to earn other. Both the cards have a similar annual fee, however, the conditions for waiver of the fee are a bit different. It is easier to get the annual fee waived off for the HPCL BoB ENERGIE Card (minimum annual spend should be Rs. 50,000) than to get the fee waiver for the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Card (minimum annual spend should be Rs. 1.5 lakhs). Taking about the reward programs of these cards, the reward rate on fuel purchases is exactly the same for both the cards, however, the Super Saver Card offers a higher reward rate on groceries & departmental stores.
Moreover, both cards offer 4 complimentary domestic lounge access per annum. But, there is a minimum spend required to avail of this benefit in the case of the Super Saver Card whereas no such condition has been put on the BoB ENERGIE Credit Card. So, both cards have their own advantages. None of these two can be termed as best for everyone, but each individual can have different requirements. Those who spend more on groceries & departmental stores should go with the Super Saver Card. And those who want free lounge access without any spending milestone should choose the ENERGIE Card issued by BoB Financial. So, just analyze your needs & spending habits, and make the decision wisely.