ICICI Bank launched this new exclusive co-branded credit card in collaboration with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL). This is an addition to the bank’s catalogue of HPCL credit cards. The unique feature of the Super Saver credit card is that, unlike most other co-branded cards that earn you cashback/rewards only on one particular category of spends, the ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Card earns you cash back and/or reward points benefit (as Reward points) on all categories of spends.
It comes with a joining or annual fee of Rs. 500 and earns you bonus reward points as well as cashback as a welcome benefit. With this co-branded card, you can always save up to 5% on your spends. Other than this, you get various other benefits, including exclusive airport lounge access, exciting discount deals on dining & movies, spend-based reversal of the renewal fee, and many more. Read on for details on this co-branded offering by the ICICI Bank.
ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card
Best Suited For
Fuel | Shopping |
Movie & Dining
25% discount (max Rs. 100 per transaction) on movie tickets booked on BookMyShow and Inox movies individually, dining benefits under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program
4% cashback on fuel spends at HPCL pumps, 5% cashback as RPs on departmental store spends & utility purchases, 2 Reward points per Rs. 100 spent for all other domestic and international transactions.
The Rewards you earn can be redeemed against cashback or some other options at a conversion rate of 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
Complimentary domestic airport lounge access under Visa Domestic Lounge Program
Domestic Lounge Access
1 complimentary lounge access every quarter to domestic airports under Visa Domestic Lounge Program
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder not liable for any unauthorized spends made post the time of reporting the card's loss. However, for transactions made prior to the time of reporting, the liability lies only with the cardholder.
Spend Based Waiver
Annual fee waiver (from second year of membership) on the expenditure of Rs. 1.5 lakh in the preceding year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) on each redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) on each redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount subject to a minimum amount of Rs. 250
3.4% per month (or 40.8% per annum)
1% fuel surcharge waived at all fuel stations across India
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the cash amount or a minimum fee of Rs. 300
Add-on Card Fee
- Welcome benefit of 2,000 Reward points, provided the card’s joining fee is paid within two months of card setup and a minimum spend of Rs. 5,000 is achieved within the first 45 days.
- Cashback of Rs. 100 on the HPPay wallet on the first purchase made via the app.
- 5% savings (4% cashback + 1% fuel surcharge waiver) on fuel purchases at HPCL stations (4% cashback capped at Rs. 200 per month).
- 1.5% additional cashback on fuel purchases on HPCL outlets when you use HP Pay app.
- Fuel surcharge waiver of 1% applicable over and above the aforementioned 4% cashback.
- 5% cashback as Reward points on utilities, groceries, and departmental store purchases.
- 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on all other purchases.
- Complimentary 24×7 Road Assistance Service (RAS).
- Complimentary domestic airport lounge access.
- 25% off on movie tickets on BookMyShow and Inox movies. Maximum discount capped at Rs. 100 per transaction.
- Discount at partnered restaurants with the ICICI Bank’s exclusive Culinary Treats Program.
ICICI HPCL Super Saver Credit Card Benefits and Features
The ICICI HPCL Super Saver Credit Card is a newly launched co-branded fuel credit card by the ICICI Bank. But other than fuel, it comes with a host of exclusive advantages, including complimentary lounge access, movie & dining benefits, and many more. To understand its features and benefits in detail, refer to the detailed points given below:
- You get 2,000 Reward Points as an introductory benefit on the realization of the membership fee within 2 months of card setup provided that a minimum amount of Rs. 5,000 is spent in the first 45 days.
- A cashback of Rs. 100 is added to the HP Pay app wallet after the first transaction of a minimum of Rs. 1,000 is made using the app.
You get a total benefit of 5% of the transaction amount on fuel purchases including a cashback of 4% and a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all HPCL filling stations across India.
You get 1 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter at major airports across India under the Visa Domestic lounge program. To avail of the complimentary domestic lounge access, you need to spend a minimum of Rs. 5,000 in the previous quarter.
Movie and Dining Benefits:
- 25% discount (max Rs. 100 per transaction) on movie tickets booked on BookMyShow and Inox movies individually. The benefit can be availed not more than twice a month.
- Exclusive discounts at partner restaurants under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme.
Spends Based Waiver:
The annual card membership fee is waived off if Rs. 1.5 lakh were spent in the preceding year.
Road Assistance Service:
You get a complimentary 24×7 Road Assistance Service (RAS) with this credit card including over-the-phone assistance, onsite vehicle repair, replacement/locked or lost keys, flat tyre support, etc.
ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card Rewards:
- You get a cashback of 4% on fuel purchases at all HPCL filling stations. Maximum cashback is capped at Rs. 200 per month, which means you can get a 4% cashback on fuel purchases of up to Rs. 5,000 every month.
- 5% cashback as ICICI Reward points (20 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent) on utility and departmental store purchases. Maximum Reward POints benefit is capped at 400 Reward points per payment cycle, which means you can get a maximum cashback of Rs. 100 each month on these categories.
- 2 Reward points per Rs. 100 spent for all other domestic and international transactions.
- The Reward points earned can be redeemed for a variety of expenditure categories including gifts, and cashback at a rate of 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25.
- The Reward Points can be redeemed by contacting the ICICI Bank Credit Card customer care.
- A reward redemption fee of Rs. 99 is chargeable for every reward redemption request.
ICICI HPCL Super Saver Credit Card Charges
The following is the detailed information about the fees and charges of the ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card:
- The joining & annual fee of the ICICI HPCL Super Saver Credit Card is Rs. 500. The annual fee, from the second year onwards, can be waived off if you have spent Rs. 1.5 lakhs or more in the previous year.
- The interest rate on this credit card is 3.4% per month.
- The cash advance fee on the ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card is 2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 300.
- The foreign currency markup fee on this credit card is 3.5% of the transaction amount.
ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Card Eligibility Criteria
There are some eligibility requirements that need to be fulfilled by the applicants in order to get approved for the ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Card. Following are some basic ones of them:
- The applicant’s age should be more than 21 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income.
- The applicant should have a decent credit score.
You will also need to submit a few documents in order to complete your application for the Super Saver Card by the ICICI Bank. The list of all the necessary documents is given below:
- Identity Proof – Aadhar Card, driving license, Voter’s Id, Pan Card, Passport, etc (any one).
- Address proof – Aadhar Card, Utility bills (not older than 3 months), Passport, etc (any one).
- Income Proof – salary slip or bank statement (for salaried individuals) and latest ITR (for self-employed people).
How To Apply For The ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card?
You can apply for this credit card by visiting the card’s page on ICICI’s website, filling out the online application form, and submitting the required documents. You will need an identity/address proof for KYC and proof of income like salary slips or ITR acknowledgment. Other than this, you can also apply offline by visiting your nearest ICICI Bank branch and filling out the offline application form for the same. Just make sure to take all the required documents with you.
If you have already applied for the Super Saver Credit Card, you can check the status of your application as follows:
- Visit the application tracking page of the ICICI Bank, enter the required details, and get the status of your credit card application in seconds.
- You can also contact the ICICI bank credit card customer care and ask them to update you about the status of your credit card application. They might ask you for a few details, just provide them with the required information and get your application status.
- Another way to check the status of your HPCL Super Saver Visa Credit Card application status is to visit your nearest branch and ask the bank officials to update you on the status of your credit card application.
Considering the fact that it’s an entry-level credit card (annual membership fee being just Rs. 500), the ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver card offers a very good reward rate of 5% on fuel purchases (4% cashback and 1% surcharge waiver). Apart from the fuel benefits, you also earn ICICI Reward points on all other purchases. On top of this, you get complimentary domestic lounge visits with the Visa Domestic Lounge program. If you frequently use your credit card for fuel purchases, you must consider the HPCL Super Saver credit card by the ICICI bank.
So, that was our take. What’s your opinion on this brand new offering by the ICICI bank? Do let us know in the comments. And if you’re an existing cardholder, feel free to share your experience.
You get a cashback of 4% and a surcharge waiver of 1% on fuel purchases at all HPCL stations across India, which makes for a total benefit of 5% on fuel purchases at HPCL filling stations.
No, you get only domestic lounge access with the this Credit Card.
You can redeem your earned Reward Points against cashback or gifts by contacting the ICICI Bank Credit Card customer care.
No, you don’t get any golf benefits with this credit card.