Together with the Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), the Bank of Baroda recently launched a co-branded credit card – HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card. This credit card has been designed keeping in mind the hike in fuel prices. But even after the hike, fuel is an individual’s necessity but what better than being rewarded for the amount that you spend on your fuel purchases. There exists another HPCL co-branded credit card in the market which is the ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver Credit Card. Both these cards are in direct competition with each other. The HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card comes with a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499 which is quite genuine with respect to the rewards that this card offers to its holders. You can earn up to 24 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on fuel purchases at the HPCL fuel stations. You are also entitled to a welcome benefit of 2,000 Reward Points with this credit card. There are various other benefits that cardholders will receive. Keep reading the article to know more about this credit card –
HPCL Bank of Baroda (BoB) ENERGIE Credit Card
Best Suited For
Fuel | Shopping |
Reward Points |
- 2000 Bonus Reward Points (Transaction based)
- 24 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent on fuel purchases at HPCL pumps
- 10 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent on departmental stores and groceries
- 2 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent on all other categories
- Additional 1.5% cashback on fuel purchases at HPCL pumps if paid through HP Pay Application
- Complimentary domestic lounge access
- 25% discount on movie ticket bookings
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transcations
Rewards and Benefits
On spending Rs. 5,000 or more first 60 days after paying the joining fee, you get 2,000 Bonus RPs.
Movie & Dining
25% off on the purchase of 2 movie tickets via Paytm movies
Get 24 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent on fuel transactions at all the HPCL fuel stations.
10 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent on groceries and departmental spends.
2 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent on other categories.
the reward Points earned are redeemable for various options available on the BoB website and can be redeemed for cash as well. 1 RP = Rs. 0.25
Complimentary visits to airport lounges.
Domestic Lounge Access
4 Complimentary access to domestic lounges annually (1 visit every quarter)
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Zero Liability Protection to the cardholder if the card is reported lost or stolen in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Get renewal fee waived off on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in the preceding year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign transactions
3.49% pm (or 41.88% annually)
1% at all fuel stations in India
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the amount or Rs. 500, which ever is higher.
Add-on Card Fee
HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card – Features and Benefits
HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card is specially designed for people who spend quite frequently on fuel purchases. Apart from getting rewarded for fuel purchases, you also get good reward points while using the credit card for departmental stores and grocery stores. With this card, you also get discounts while purchasing movie tickets and you also get complimentary access to the domestic lounges. Following are the detailed features of HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card: –
- As a welcome benefit, the cardholders are entitled to get 2,000 joining Reward Points if they are able to successfully spend Rs. 5,000 using their credit card within 60 days of the date of card issuance.
- A cashback of Rs. 100 is added to the HP Pay app wallet after the first transaction of a minimum of Rs. 1,000 is made using the app.
- With the HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card, you get the access to partnered domestic airport lounges once every quarter
- If you purchase 2 movie tickets via Paytm Movies using this credit card, you get a discount of 25% (a maximum of Rs. 100).
- Apart from Reward Points, you also get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on your fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000, capped at Rs. 100 per statement cycle. This includes all the fuel purchases made on the HP Pay App
Spend Based Renewal Fee Waiver
- The renewal fee of Rs. 499 of the HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card can be waived off on successful spending of Rs. 50,000 in an anniversary year.
- Up to 3- lifetime free credit cards can be availed.
HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card – Reward Benefits
- You are rewarded with 24 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on all fuel transactions at all the HPCL fuel stations across India. (Capped at a maximum of 1,000 Reward Points per statement cycle)
- You get 10 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on groceries and departmental stores. (Capped at a maximum of 1,000 Reward Points per statement cycle)
- You are entitled to 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on all other transactions.
- All the cardholders will enjoy an additional cashback of 1.5% in the form of Payback Points when they make their purchases at the HPCL fuel stations using the HP Pay App.
- The rewards earned with this credit card can be redeemed against a variety of products available at the BoB Website
- The points can further be redeemed for cash as well where 1 RP = Rs. 0.25
HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card: Fees and Charges
- This credit card comes with a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499.
- You have to pay 3.5% of the amount transacted as the forex fee.
- 3.49% per month is to be paid as the interest amount on the outstanding amount.
- 2.5% of the transaction amount or Rs. 500, whichever is higher, are the cash advance charges on this credit card.
Eligibility Criteria for HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card
- Only Indian residents can apply for this card.
- The applicant should be above the age of 18 years.
- He should earn a minimum of Rs. 3.60 Lakhs if he is a salaried individual and Rs. 4.80 Lakhs if he is a self-employed individual.
How to apply for HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card
You can apply for this card through both – online and offline modes.
For online mode –
- Visit the official website of Bank of Baroda
- Go to ‘Credit Cards’.
- Choose ‘HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card’ and then click on apply now
- You need to fill in all the required details and submit the documents required.
For offline mode –
You can visit the nearest bank branch and fill in the credit card application form. Submit it to the officials after attaching all the required documents.
The HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card is a co-branded credit card. The customers of Bank of Baroda who are also frequent customers of HPCL fuel stations are going to benefit the most from this partnership. Thi credit card not only provides accelerated reward points on your spends on fuel but also on your spends done towards groceries and departmental stores. Apart from these benefits, this card also provides great deals on movie ticket bookings and also gives you the access to visit the lounges at the domestic airports. At a nominal joining fee of Rs. 499, an individual should grab the HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card as this provides you with excellent rewards on fuel as well as other transactions.
You are charged an annual fee of Rs. 499 plus applicable taxes.
Yes, the HPCL Bank of Baroda ENERGIE Credit Card does provide a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all fuel stations across India on transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000. (the waiver will be subjected to a maximum of Rs. 100 per statement)
You get 24 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on all fuel transactions made at the HPCL fuel stations capped at a maximum of 1,000 Reward Points per statement cycle