A new bank in the Indian Banking sector, the AU Small Finance Bank entered the field of banking in 2017. To keep up with the other banks in the market, AU Bank launched its credit cards with some exclusive features and benefits so that it gives tough competition to the competitors in the market. The bank has introduced 5 credit cards into the market out of which 3 are rewards credit cards and 2 are cashback credit cards. The cashback that the cardholders will get while using this card will be credited to their account directly. With the rewards credit cards, the cardholders can earn generous reward points while they continue to spend using their credit cards and will get accelerated reward points while they spend on some specific categories.
But if we consider the other side of the coin, credit cardholders should not only know how to earn reward points but should also be aware of how and when the credit card reward points can be redeemed. Nowadays with multiple options to redeem the earned credit card reward points, it becomes difficult and confusing for the cardholders to opt for an appropriate method of redemption. Also, the monetary value of the reward points earned with different credit cards is different. There, it is important for the cardholders to have a thorough knowledge of the monetary value of the reward points and their redemption procedures so that they gain maximum benefit from the credit card. Hence, by the end of this article, we will make sure that you are well aware of the redemption methods and their procedures so that you can redeem your reward points smoothly.
How To Earn AU Bank Credit Card Reward Points
While you continue to spend using your credit card, the reward points will keep on accumulating in your account. The reward points on all the credit cards would be different and also on the basis of the category on which the amount is spent. Also, you should opt for a credit card after carefully examining your spending pattern. This is because you will then be able to earn more rewards points if you choose a credit card that provides you higher reward points on the basis of your spends. The reward structure of the AU Bank credit cards is as below –
|Name of the Card||Reward Structure|
|AU Small Finance Bank Altura Plus Credit Card||
|AU Bank Zenith Credit Card||
|AU Bank Vetta Credit Card||
|AU Small Finance Bank LIT Credit Card||
How to redeem AU Bank Credit Card Points?
For the redemption of reward points, AU Bank has dedicated a separate reward portal known as the AU Rewardz Portal. When the credit card holder has gathered a decent number of reward points in his account, he can directly log in to the AU Rewardz Portal where these points can be smoothly redeemed. These reward points come with an expiry date. Hence, the cardholders should redeem the reward points before they expire. Also, you should go through the terms and conditions on the bank’s website before initiating the redemption process. The points so earned can be redeemed in 2 different ways – Through Online mode or Through Offline mode.
The simplest and easiest way to redeem rewards points is by redeeming them on the online portal. This is because, in this way, these points can be redeemed anywhere and anytime. The cardholder can follow the below-mentioned steps to redeem the reward points that they have earned while doing regular transactions using their credit card –
- Visit the official page of the AU Rewardz Portal.
- Enter your registered id and password to log in to the portal.
- After landing on the page, select the category against which you would like to redeem your reward points.
- From a variety of products and vouchers available on the website, select and start adding the items to your cart that you would like to purchase.
- Now proceed to ‘Checkout’
- Put a checkmark on the box mentioned against the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Redeem’ to complete your purchase.
- For the purpose of redemption, 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
Once your redemption order is confirmed, the cardholder will receive the vouchers on the mobile number and e-mail id that is registered with the bank.
The offline method is convenient for applicants who do not use net banking or mobile banking. You can either download the Reward Redemption Form from the bank’s official website. Take a printout of it and fill in all the required details. In the end, mention your name, contact details, and address on the form and put a signature on the form as well. You can now post the filled form at the address mentioned on the form itself.
Additionally, for the purpose of redemption, the credit cardholders can also call on the customer care number mentioned on the back of the credit card and request the executive to take them through the process of credit card reward point redemption process.
Things to remember
- The reward points that the cardholders earn with the AU Credit Card keep accumulating as and when you make transactions using your credit card. But an important thing that you should take care of is that the reward points come with an expiry date, i.e., 2 years from the date of transaction. Post 2 years the reward points will expire and the cardholders will not able to redeem their reward points. Hence, if the cardholders want to enjoy the benefits of reward points, they should make sure to redeem them well in time.
- Secondly, unlike the other credit card, with AU Bank Credit Cards, the cardholders do not have to pay any reward redemption fee for the points that they redeem on the AU Rewardz Portal.
AU Bank offers huge reward points to credit cardholders on the amount that they spend through their credit card. The reward points will be different depending on the categories that they spend on. Once they have earned the reward points, they can redeem them through various modes such as online and offline. For online mode, the reward points can be redeemed on the AU Rewardz Portal against various options available on the website. Also, the cardholders should know that the reward points are valid for a period of 2 years and should be redeemed for their expiry so that you can take full advantage of credit cards.
We hope that with this article, we have cleared all the doubts relating to AU Bank Credit Card Reward Redemption, but still, if you have any kind of confusion related to this process, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!