HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card and HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Cards are premium credit cards in the market offering a wide variety of offers and benefits to its customers. These cards are designed for the society’s premium section, ensuring that the cardholders get the best of services and rewards. Both the credit cards provide you with various exclusive offers on your travel and lifestyle spends. The HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card is one of the classy credit cards issued by HDFC Bank.
In addition to offering bonus reward points on joining this credit card, this card also provides you with exclusive deals on your travel and lifestyle spends. For the people who want to enjoy luxuries while dining and traveling, this card is one of the best in the industry in regard to the fees that this card charges from its customers. Apart from complimentary access to international and domestic lounges and is also entitled to a complimentary Priority Pass Membership. Also, the cardholder can enjoy reward points on their everyday spends as well.
On the other hand, the HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card is also a luxurious credit card providing cardholders with amazing lifestyle benefits. With this credit card, apart from getting complimentary membership to Zomato Pro, Amazon Prime, and MakeMyTrip, you can also earn reward points on your spends made using this credit card. This card is quite suitable for international travelers as this card offers a low foreign currency mark-up fee of 1.99% which can help you save a lot while on an international trip. This card also allows you to save more on your dining bills on the weekends by providing you with accelerated rewards points. The points earned with this credit card can be redeemed for booking flights and hotels and also against the products, vouchers, and cash. The joining fee that this credit card charge is quite justifiable with the benefits and features that this card provides.
Both the credit cards by HDFC Bank provide some exclusive benefits and deals to the customers who wish to travel and live in style. Though these cards might look similar to each other but are different as well. Following are the detailed features and benefits of the individual cards to have a better understanding of them.
HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card
A premium credit card by HDFC Bank, the HDFC Regalia Credit Card, offers you amazing lifestyle benefits and travel benefits. Placed at a joining fee of Rs. 2,500, this credit card provides you with generous rewards points while you spend through this credit card. In addition to the points, this card also provides you with welcome benefits as well. You also get discounts on your dining bills, complimentary domestic and international lounge access, complimentary Priority Pass Membership, and much more. Let us now discuss in detail about the features and benefits of the HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card-
- As a welcome gift, the cardholder gets 2,500 bonus reward points on successful payment of the joining fee of the credit card.
- The cardholder will get 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on all transactions except fuel, EasyEMI, and Wallet Transactions.
- The reward points earned on insurance transactions are capped at 2,000 in a day.
- With the HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card, you get 12 complimentary access to domestic lounges in a year, limited to 3 per quarter.
- You get a complimentary Priority Pass Membership and 6 complimentary international lounge visits.
- The cardholder will get a 25% discount on dining bills at more than 2,000 partnered restaurants under the Dine Out Passport membership if you are able to spend Rs. 75,000 using this credit card.
- As a milestone benefit, you are rewarded with 10,000 Reward Points if you are able to achieve spends of Rs. 5 Lakhs or more in an anniversary year.
- You get a buy 1 get 1 offer in over 200 restaurants along with 5% off and no convenience charges.
- Fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all fuel stations in India on transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000.
- You will be given additional 5,000 Reward Points on crossing spends of Rs. 8 Lakhs in an anniversary year.
- This card offers a low foreign currency markup fee of 2% which can help you in saving a lot on your international transactions.
- The renewal fee of HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card can be waived off if you spend Rs. 3 Lakh or more using your credit card in an anniversary year.
- The Reward Points earned can be redeemed on the Smartbuy portal where 1 RP = Rs. 0.5 for redemption against flight and hotel bookings, 1RP = Rs. 0.35 for redemption against products and vouchers, 1 RP = Rs. 0.20 for cashback and 1 RP = 0.5 Air Mile for redemption against Air Miles.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card
One of the classy credit cards by HDFC Bank, HDFC Diners Club Privilege Credit Card provides great number of rewards and benefits to its customers. This card offers several complimentary memberships to the cardholders in the form of welcome benefits. Apart from the welcome benefits, this card also provides you with reward points on your daily spends. Placed at joining fee of Rs. 2,500, this card provides you with various value-added benefits such as complimentary access to domestic and international airport lounges, golf rounds, etc. Keep reading the article to know more about this credit card in detail –
- As a welcome gift, you get complimentary annual membership of Amazon Prime, Zomato Pro, MMT Black, and Times Pro.
- You will be granted with above as a welcome benefit upon fulfilling either of the below-mentioned conditions –
– Upon successful realization of the joining fee of the credit card, or
– Upon spending Rs. 75,000 using your credit card in the first 90 days of card issuance.
- The cardholder will get 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent using this credit card.
- Accelerated rewards points of up to 10x on spends via SmartBuy.
- The cardholder will get 2x Reward Points while he pays his dining bills using this credit card on the weekends. The reward points are capped at a maximum of 500 Reward Points per day.
- You can avail one of the following benefits if you achieve spends of Rs. 40,000 in a month –
– Cult.fit live 1 month membership, or
– BookMyShow voucher worth Rs. 500, or
– TataCLiQ voucher worth Rs. 500, or
– Ola Cabs voucher worth Rs. 500.
- The complimentary memberships given to the cardholders as joining benefits can also be availed as milestone benefits i.e., on the expiry of 12 months from the date of card issuance, by spending Rs. 5 Lakhs using your HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card .
- With this credit card, the cardholder gets 12 complimentary domestic and international lounge access in a year both at domestic and international airports. Both the primary as well as the add-on cardholders can take advantage of this feature.
- The cardholders can also enjoy 8 complimentary golf rounds in a year, capped at a maximum of 2 per quarter.
- You get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on all fuel transactions worth Rs. 400 or more at all fuel stations in India. The fuel surcharge waiver amount is capped at a maximum of Rs. 500 in a calendar month.
- As compared to the other credit cards, the HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card offers a low foreign mark-up fee of 2% which helps you save a lot while you are on an international trip.
- This card also provides you with various complimentary insurance covers including air death cover of Rs. 1 crore.
- The reward points earned with this credit card can be redeemed at the SmartBuy reward portal for flight bookings, hotels.
- 1 reward point = Rs 0.5 on SmartBuy reward portal using the HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege credit card.
- You can also redeem your reward points through net banking for Air miles, where 1 Reward Point = 0.5 Air mile
- HDFC Bank provides an exclusive product catalog for reward redemption for HDFC Diner Club Privilege credit card where 1 reward point = Rs 0.35
- 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.20 for redemption against cash.
- Maximum limit capped for hotel and flight bookings using reward points in 70% of the booking value.
Now that we have discussed about the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between The HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card and The HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Card-
|Basis||HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card||HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
|Monthly Milestone Benefit||
|Annual Milestone Benefits||
The HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card and the HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Credit Cards are premium credit cards and have almost similar features and benefits. Both the cards provide effective reward points and value-added benefits. Even the two card carry a similar joining and renewal fee. The joining benefits of these credit cards differ from each other. But on the basis of the variant, the Regalia Credit Card may have an upper edge over the Diners Club Privilege Credit Card as Diners Club Credit Cards are not easily accepted at all merchant outlets but on the other hand, the MasterCard and Visa variants are quite readily accepted at almost all outlets. Hence, after keenly looking at the features and benefits that both the credit cards individually provide, the customer should choose the one that best suits his needs and demands.
For any more queries related to these cards, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!
Suggested Read: Difference Between Regalia and Regalia First Credit Card