HDFC’s Regalia Credit card range is one of the most sought-after and best credit cards in its lineup. One such offering is Regalia First Credit Card which offers various travel benefits and lifestyle privileges. It offers Reward Points on every purchase whether it is a retail purchase or paying utility bills or rent. Apart from Reward Points, it offers a premium travelling experience allowing the user to access some of the most luxurious Airport lounges every year across the globe using Priority Pass. Not only this, but you can also avail of exciting dining benefits with the Good Food Trail Program.
Bonus reward points up to 8,500 reward points can be earned every year under the renewal and milestone benefits of the card. Also, the annual fee of the credit card is eligible for a waiver on the basis of your annual spends in the previous year. To know more about this credit card, have a look at its detailed specifications.
HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Rs. 1,000 (plus applicable taxes)
Reward Points |
- 1,000 Reward Points as a welcome bonus.
- For every Rs. 150 spent on retail purchases, you will get 4 Reward Points.
- Complimentary airport lounge access worldwide with complimentary Priority Pass membership.
- Air accident insurance worth Rs 50 lakhs.
- Credit Liability cover worth up to Rs 5 lakhs.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions.
- On payment of the renewal fee, you will get 1,000 bonus reward points.
Rewards and Benefits
1,000 Reward Points on payment of the annual fee.
Movie & Dining
Special offers and discounts of up to 30% at more than 2,000 partnered restaurants.
For every Rs. 150 spent, you will get 4 Reward Points.
1 RP = Re. 0.30 for flight/hotel bookings via SmaryBuy, 1 RP = 0.3 Airmile, 1 RP = Re. 0.25 when redeemed against products and vouchers, 1 RP = Re. 0.15 for redemption against cashback.
Complimentary airport lounge access across the globe, Priority Pass membership, up to 5% cashback on travel spends on Smartbuy
Domestic Lounge Access
8 complimentary visits in a year to the domestic lounges.
International Lounge Access
3 complimentary visits in a year to international lounges.
Air accidental cover amounting to Rs 50 lakh, emergency overseas hospitalization cover worth up to Rs 10 lakh, credit liability cover worth up to Rs 5 lakh
Zero Liability Protection
No liability against any fraudulent transaction done after the loss or theft of the card is reported to the bank.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 1,000 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 1,000 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Waived off if an amount exceeding Rs. 1 Lakh is spent using this credit card.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
2% on all forex transactions
3.6% monthly (or 43.2% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 500, higher of the two.
Add-on Card Fee
HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card Features & Benefits
The HDFC Regalia First Credit Card is among the popular basic credit cards issued by the HDFC bank and comes with several exciting advantages. From welcome benefits to reward programs to travel privileges, this card allows its customers to make their experiences more rewarding. following are detailed features and benefits of the HDFC Regalia First Credit Card:
HDFC Bank entitles you to a welcome bonus of 1,000 Reward Points on successful realization of the joining fee of HDFC Regalia First Card.
- 5,000 Reward Points on annual spends of Rs. 3,00,000 or more every anniversary year.
- Additional 2,500 Reward Points on annual spends of Rs. 6,00,000 or more every anniversary year.
- Have your favorite delicacies without any worries with HDFC Regalia First Card where you get special offers and discounts of up to 30% at more than 2000 restaurants across India at HDFC’s Dineout Portal.
Also, get a chance to experience The Good Food Trail program with this premium credit card.
Airport Lounge Access
- You get 8 complimentary access every year to the airport lounges within India.
- You get complimentary Priority Pass membership (after 4 successful retail transactions on this credit card) with complimentary access to international lounges up to 3 times a year.
- Lounge access within India using the Priority Pass will be charged at US $27 per person per visit.
- International lounge access after the 3 complimentary visits will also be chargeable.
Following are the complimentary insurance benefits that come along with HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card.
|Accidental air death||Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Medical emergency cover||Up to Rs. 10 lakhs|
|Credit Liability||Rs. 5 lakhs|
With HDFC Regalia First Card , one can earn renewal benefits in two ways:
- Once you pay the renewal fee on the credit card, you will earn 1,000 reward points as a renewal bonus.
- You will not get the annual bonus in case the renewal fee is waived off.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
A waiver of 1% on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000 at all fuel stations in India. The waiver amount is capped at Rs. 500 per billing cycle.
Spend Based Renewal Fee Waiver
If the cardholder spends an amount exceeding Rs. 1 Lakh using his credit card in the anniversary year, the renewal fee of Rs. 1,000 will be waived off.
Zero Liability Protection
The HDFC bank provides its credit cardholders with zero liability protection against a lost or stolen card. According to this, you will not be responsible for any fraudulent transactions made on your lose/stolen card post you have reported this to the bank.
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card Reward Points:
- HDFC Regalia First Card allows you to earn 4 Reward Points on spending Rs 150 on all retail spends which includes Insurance Transactions, Utility bills, Education, and Rent Bills.
- You can also redeem your reward points against Hotel bookings or air ticket bookings on HDFC’s exclusive Smartbuy portal. On the Smartbuy portal, you can also earn 5% cashback on travel and shopping spends.
- You don’t earn any reward points on fuel transactions.
Reward Points Redemption:
Redemption of these reward points can also be done for gifts and vouchers from HDFC’s exclusive Rewards Redemption Catalogue. The Reward Points earned can be redeemed at the following rate:
- Flights and hotel bookings via Smartbuy (1 RP = Rs 0.30)
- Airmiles conversion through net banking (1RP = 0.3 Airmiles)
- Products and Vouchers via Netbanking or SmartBuy (1 RP = up to Rs 0.25)
- Cashback (adjustment against the card’s statement balance); 1 RP = Rs 0.15 in this case.
Cardholders can redeem a maximum of up to 70% of the booking value on flights and hotel bookings.
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card Fees and Charges
Being aware of all the terms & conditions, features, and charges of a credit card is really essential before you proceed further to apply for it. Following are the important fees and charges of the HDFC Regalia First Credit Card:
- The HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 1,000.
- The cardholders will have to pay an interest rate of 3.6% per month on the overdue amount. This interest rate comes out to be 43.2% annually.
- The foreign currency markup fee on the HDFC Regalia First Card is 2% of the amount transacted. This fee is chargeable when you make transactions in a different currency using this card.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is 2.5% of the transaction amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 600. This fee will be charged if you withdraw cash using your Regalia First Credit Card.
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card
Below are the eligibility criteria for the HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card –
- The age of the primary applicant should be a minimum of 21 years.
- The applicant should earn a minimum of Rs. 30,000 in a month.
- One should have a decent credit score.
Following are the documents that you should have in hand to apply for the HDFC Regalia First Card:
- Proof of Address- Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card, Utility bills on the name of the person who wants to issue the credit card, Driving License, Passport.
- Proof of Identity- Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card (Form 16 in case you don’t have a PAN Card), Voter ID Card.
- Proof of Income- Salary slips for the last three months or bank statement for the last three months. ITR or Form 16 can also be submitted as a proof of income.
How To Apply For HDFC Regalia First Credit Card?
Applying for the HDFC Bank Regalia Credit card is a simple process. You can do it online as well as offline as per your convenience. To apply for this card online, you will have to follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the HDFC Bank.
- Under the section ‘Borrow,’ click on ‘Credit Cards.’
- You will be redirected to a page where you will be able to see all the HDFC Bank Credit Cards.
- Under the Lifestyle Credit Cards, choose the HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit card and click on apply now.
- Start the application process by entering your mobile number, verifying it, and proceeding further will the online application form.
If you have already applied for the HDFC Regalia First Credit Card and want to check the status of your application, you can do it easily via the application tracking page of the HDFC Bank. Just enter your mobile number, application number, captcha, and you will be able to see your HDFC Regalia First Credit Card application status in seconds.
If you don’t like to use online methods, you can simply call the HDFC bank Credit Cards customer care or visit your nearest HDFC branch for the same.
Activation and PIN Generation
You can activate your HDFC regalia First Credit card or generate its PIN by any of the below-mentioned methods:
- Visit your nearest HDFC Bank’s ATM and find an option to generate a credit card PIN from the main menu of the ATM. You can easily generate your credit card PIN or change it, provided that you have the registered mobile number with you.
- Another easy way to generate your credit card PIN is to do it via internet banking. Log in to your HDFC Credit Card internet banking account and under the section ‘Manage Your Card,’ you can easily change or generate your credit card PIN.
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card Limit
With the HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card, customers generally get a credit limit of Rs. 1 lakh or higher. However, the credit limit you get with this card depends on your past payment behavior and your credit score. Some people get higher credit limits as compared to others. But, what you need to do is just use your credit card wisely, make timely payments, so that your card issuer provides you with a higher limit. If you are not satisfied with the credit limit you have got with the Regalia First Credit Card, you can request a credit limit increase by contacting customer care or by visiting the branch.
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card Bill Payment
You might be aware of one or two methods to make your HDFC Regalia First Credit Card bill payment, but there are many ways to pay your bill. Following are some of the most significant methods to pay your HDFC Regalia First Card bill:
- The HDFC Bank bill desk is one of the easiest ways to pay your HDFC Regalia First Credit Card bill. Just enter your credit card number, registered email id, and the amount to be paid, and make the payment.
- You can also make the payment via internet banking. Log in to your HDFC Bank internet banking account and under the section ‘Credit Cards,’ click on ‘Credit Card Payment’ and proceed further.
- If you want to make the payment from an account that is in a bank other than the HDFC Bank, you can make the payment via NEFT, where you can enter your credit card number as the account number.
- Another easy way to pay your HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card bill is to do it via digital wallet-based apps like Paytm, PhonePe, Cred, etc.
- If you want to make an offline payment, you can do it via your nearest ATM by dropping a cheque at the ATM Dropbox or pay the bill via cash or cheque at your nearest branch.
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card Login/Internet Banking
Internet banking can make a lot of your tasks very easy and hence it is advisable for every credit cardholder to register their card for net banking. To register your HDFC Regalia First Credit Card for internet banking, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of the HDFC Bank.
- Scroll down and click on the option ‘Ways to Bank.’
- Choose online banking.
- Now select ‘Credit Card Internet Banking’ and then ‘Register Online.’
- Fill in the required details and continue to submit.
How To Block HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
There are situations when you might need to get your credit card blocked instantly and hence you should be aware of how you can do so. Following are a few ways to block your HDFC Regalia First Credit Card:
- Log in to your HDFC Bank internet banking account and under the section ‘credit Card host listing,’ find the option to block your credit card. Enter the required details & the reason for blocking your card and your card will be blocked in minutes.
- You can also contact the HDFC Bank Credit Card customer care and ask them to get your credit card blocked instantly. They will ask you for a few details and the reason why you want to block your card and once everything is verified, they will block your credit card.
- If you are unable you get the required task done through any of the above methods, you can visit your nearest branch and get your credit card blocked there. However, this is the most time taking process, so you should always prefer the above methods.
Following are a few basic details that you can use to contact the HDFC Regalia First Credit Card customer care:
- In order to get any assistance related to your credit card, you can contact customer care via call at their 24*7 helping number, which is 1800 266 4332.
- If you prefer writing emails over calling, you can write and send your queries/complaints to [email protected].
Cards Similar To HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
Following are some of the cards that are very much comparable with the Regalia First Credit Card issued by the HDFC Bank. If you think Regalia First is not exactly what you are looking for, you can check the features of the other cards mentioned below in the table:
|Benefits||HDFC Regalia First Credit Card||HDFC Regalia Credit Card||HDFC Millennia Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 2,500||Rs. 1,000|
|Rewards Rate||4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150||4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150||
1% cashback on all spends.
5% cashback on online spends at selected brands.
1 RP = Re. 0.15 for redemption against cashback
1 RP = Re. 0.25 for redemption against products and gift vouchers
1 RP = Re. 0.30 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings
1 RP = Re. 0.20 for redemption against cashback
1 RP = Re. 0.35 for redemption against products and gift vouchers
1 RP = Re. 0.50 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings
|1 Cash Point = Re. 1.|
Complimentary domestic (8 per year) and international lounge (3 per year) access every year.
Up to 7,500 bonus Reward Points every year on achieving the spend milestone.
Complimentary domestic and international lounge access every year.
Up to 15,000 bonus Reward Points every year on achieving the spend milestone.
Complimentary dine-out passport membership.
|2 complimentary lounge access to domestic airport lounges every quarter.|
HDFC Bank Regalia First Credit Card keeps up to its promise by providing travel benefits and lifestyle privileges like Airport Lounge access and Priority Pass Membership, Dining offers, Reward Points of various spends to name a few. Other than the above-said privileges, it also offers other benefits like fuel surcharge waiver, Insurance covers, cashback, etc. The 8,500 bonus reward points (equivalent to up to Rs. 2,550) you get under the milestone & renewal benefits are a big plus for this card and are among its most attractive features. So, anyone who loves to travel around the globe and wants some added privileges to make the journey luxurious can consider this credit card.
Yes, we have to pay the renewal fee every year. It gets waived off in case your Annual Spend is Rs 1 Lakh or above.
You can earn up to 7,500 Bonus Reward Points in a year as a milestone benefit.
You can avail of the Priority Pass after 4 successful transactions on this credit card and get access to International Lounges.
You can avail a cashback of 5% on travel and shopping spends.
The value of 1 Reward Point that you earn using your Regalia First Credit card is Re. 0.25.
The cash withdrawal charges on this card are 2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
The international transaction charges on this credit card are 3.5% of the transaction amount.