HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card is a mid-level credit card whereas ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card is one of the premium credit cards issued by ICICI Bank. Both these cards let you earn amazing cashback and reward points on all the purchases made through these cards. On the one hand where HDFC Bank Millenia Credit Card is designed for the millennials of the society where they get cashback on online shopping, while on the other hand ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card comes from ICICI Bank’s ‘gemstone collection’ that provides you with reward points on your purchases made through your credit card. Specially designed for the millennials of this era, HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 1,000 per annum while the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card comes with a bit lower joining fee of Rs. 500 per annum.
As the two cards, namely HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card and ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card might seem quite similar to each other in terms of the rewards and benefits that they offer, both the cards do have some variations amongst them that make them different from each other. This article will discuss the features and benefits of both cards so that it will be effortless for you to choose according to your needs and requirements.
HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card
The HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card is a rewards credit card where you get complimentary airport lounge access, fuel surcharge waiver, cashback, etc. This card focuses on major cashback on brands like Amazon, BookMyShow, Flipkart, Myntra, Uber, Zomato, and many more.
Features and Benefits
- Receive 1,000 cash points as a welcome benefit upon realising the joining fee.
- 5% cashback on expenses made on online merchants like Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber, Zomato and Sony LIV.
- 1% cashback on any other online and offline spends.
- Cashpoints against the product catalogue 1 CP = Rs. 0.30
- For flights/hotels on smart buy, 1 CP = Rs. 0.30
- For cashback 1 CP = Re. 1
- Airmiles 1 CP = Rs. 0.30 AirMiles.
- Up to 20% discount at partnered restaurants with Swiggy Dineout Passport only applicable for first 3 months of the membership.
- Up to 25% discount at more than 2k premium restaurants.
- 1 + 1 buffet with over 200 restaurants.
- 1 + 1 food/drink at the few selected restaurants.
- 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every quarter (8 in a year).
Spend Based Waiver
- The annual fee will be waived upon spending over Rs. 1 Lakh in a year.
- 1 % fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations on payments above Rs. 400.
- Max capped at Rs. 250 per month.
- You get a 50-day interest-free period on bills from the day of purchases.
Fees and Charges
- Joining fee = Rs. 1,000 + Taxes
- Interest Rate = 3.6% / month or 42.3% / annum.
- Foreign Currency Markup = 3.5% of the transaction amount.
- Cash Advance Fee = 2.5% of the transacted amount or a minimum of Rs. 500.
The HDFC Bank Millennia Credit card is a card where you get an ample amount of rewards in different fields. The card focuses majorly on inline transactions, but the offline expenses are not neglected at all, which makes this card more desirable.
ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card
Placed under ICICI Bank’s Gemstone Collection, ICICI Coral Credit Card is extended to its customers in 3 variants – Mastercard, Visa, and American Express. The customers have the freedom to choose from the 3 variants available to them. This card brings along with it generous offers on dining, movies, and travel. You can earn rewards points while spending through this card. The points earned are redeemable against various products present on the website. Placed at an annual fee of Rs. 500 plus applicable taxes, this card comes with various features and benefits as mentioned below –
- Get rewarded with 2,000 Reward Points on spending Rs. 2 Lakhs and 1,000 bonus Reward Points every time you spend Rs. 1 Lakh through your credit card in an anniversary year. (The maximum points that can be earned are capped at 10,000 points per year)
- Get 2 Reward Points on spending every Rs. 100 on all transactions using your credit card. (Except fuel)
- Get 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent towards insurance and utilities.
- You can now avail a discount of 25% (up to Rs. 100) on the purchase of two movie tickets in a single transaction through BookMyShow and INOX. You can avail of this offer up to 2 times a month.
- Under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme, you can enjoy the finest dining experiences by availing of a discount of 15% on your dining bills using the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card.
- With ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card, you get 1 complimentary domestic lounge access in each quarter on spending Rs. 5,000 and above in the previous quarter.
- With this card, you get 1 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter to railway lounges in India.
- The annual fee of this card, i.e., Rs. 500 can be waived off on a successful spend of Rs. 1,50,000 or more in the previous year.
- This card provides you with Zero Liability Protection where you will not be held responsible for any fraudulent transactions taking place through your card in case of loss or theft of the card, only if the loss or theft of the card is reported to the respective bank’s customer care within the stipulated time frame.
- The reward points that you have earned can be redeemed against a variety of products available on the website. Further, these points can be redeemed for cash as well, where 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
- The ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card users are entitled to a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions done at HPCL petrol pumps across India. The transactions have to be below Rs. 4,000 to be eligible for this waiver.
Now that we have discussed the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between HDFC Bank Moneyback Plus Credit Card and HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card –
|Basis||HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card||ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
(Spend-based reversal of renewal fee on spends of Rs. 1 Lakh or more in the previous year.)
(Spend-based reversal of renewal fee on spends of Rs. 1.50 Lakhs or more in the previous year.)
Now that we have discussed both the HDFC Bank Millenia Credit Card and ICICI Bank Coral Credit Cards, we are quite familiar with the features and benefits that the cards individually provide. On one hand, where you get generous cashback using HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card, on the other hand, you get decent reward points using ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card. While the Millenia Credit Card provides you 5% cashback on your online spending, the Coral Credit Card provides you 2 Reward Points on all your spends. Both the cards have their own pros and cons and hence it would be quite unfair to decide which is better of the two. Hence, the prospective cardholder should thoroughly study the benefits offered by the two cards and then choose between the two.