HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card is a mid-level credit card whereas ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card is one of the premium credit cards issued by ICICI Bank. Both these cards let you earn amazing cashback and reward points on all the purchases made through these cards. On the one hand where HDFC Bank Millenia Credit Card is designed for the millennials of the society where they get cashback on online shopping, while on the other hand ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card comes from ICICI Bank’s ‘gemstone collection’ that provides you with reward points on your purchases made through your credit card. Specially designed for the millennials of this era, HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 1,000 per annum while the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card comes with a bit lower joining fee of Rs. 500 per annum.
As the two cards, namely HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card and ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card might seem quite similar to each other in terms of the rewards and benefits that they offer, both the cards do have some variations amongst them that make them different from each other. This article will discuss the features and benefits of both cards so that it will be effortless for you to choose according to your needs and requirements.
HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card
As the name suggests, HDFC Millennia Credit Card is designed for the millennials of the society. By millennials, we mean the people born after the 1990s. Since this generation is quite friendly with the online market, this card has been designed keeping them in mind. This card offers cashback in the form of CashPoints while transacting on Amazon, Flipkart, BookMyShow, etc. Apart from the cashback, this card also provides you with domestic lounge access which makes it even more famous amongst the youngsters. Placed at an annual fee of Rs. 1,000 plus applicable taxes, this card comes with various features that are discussed in this article below –
- A welcome Benefit of 1,000 CashPoints on successful payment of the joining fees.
- The cardholder gets to enjoy a cashback of 5% while shopping on online partner merchants – Amazon, BookMyShow, Zomato, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Uber, Myntra, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, and Sony LIV (capped at 1,000 points per statement cycle)
- 1% cashback on all online and offline spends including fuel (capped at 1,000 points per statement cycle)
- Enjoy up to 20% discount at partnered restaurants with complementary Dineout Passport membership
- On spending of Rs. 1,00,000 or more in each calendar quarter, you get a gift worth Rs. 1,000 per calendar quarter
- With HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card, you get 8 complimentary domestic lounge access. (2 visits per quarter)
- The annual fee of Rs. 1,000 will be waived off on spending of Rs. 1,00,000 or more in the previous year.
- You are entitled to a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on a minimum and maximum transaction of Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000 respectively. (The surcharge waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per statement cycle)
- The CashPoints earned with HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card can be redeemed against various categories –
– Against products and vouchers in the Product Catalogue wherein 1 CP = Rs. 0.30
– Against booking of flights and hotels via SmartBuy wherein 1CP = Rs. 0.30
– Can be redeemed against AirMiles wherein 1CP = 0.30 AirMiles
– Can be redeemed against cash as well wherein 1 CP = Re. 1
ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card
Placed under ICICI Bank’s Gemstone Collection, ICICI Coral Credit Card is extended to its customers in 3 variants – Mastercard, Visa, and American Express. The customers have the freedom to choose from the 3 variants available to them. This card brings along with it generous offers on dining, movies, and travel. You can earn rewards points while spending through this card. The points earned are redeemable against various products present on the website. Placed at an annual fee of Rs. 500 plus applicable taxes, this card comes with various features and benefits as mentioned below –
- Get rewarded with 2,000 Reward Points on spending Rs. 2 Lakhs and 1,000 bonus Reward Points every time you spend Rs. 1 Lakh through your credit card in an anniversary year. (The maximum points that can be earned are capped at 10,000 points per year)
- Get 2 Reward Points on spending every Rs. 100 on all transactions using your credit card. (Except fuel)
- Get 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent towards insurance and utilities.
- You can now avail a discount of 25% (up to Rs. 100) on the purchase of two movie tickets in a single transaction through BookMyShow and INOX. You can avail of this offer up to 2 times a month.
- Under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme, you can enjoy the finest dining experiences by availing of a discount of 15% on your dining bills using the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card.
- With ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card, you get 1 complimentary domestic lounge access in each quarter on spending Rs. 5,000 and above in the previous quarter.
- With this card, you get 1 complimentary railway lounge access per quarter to railway lounges in India.
- The annual fee of this card, i.e., Rs. 500 can be waived off on a successful spend of Rs. 1,50,000 or more in the previous year.
- This card provides you with Zero Liability Protection where you will not be held responsible for any fraudulent transactions taking place through your card in case of loss or theft of the card, only if the loss or theft of the card is reported to the respective bank’s customer care within the stipulated time frame.
- The reward points that you have earned can be redeemed against a variety of products available on the website. Further, these points can be redeemed for cash as well, where 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
- The ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card users are entitled to a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions done at HPCL petrol pumps across India. The transactions have to be below Rs. 4,000 to be eligible for this waiver.
Now that we have discussed the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between HDFC Bank Moneyback Plus Credit Card and HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card –
|Basis||HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card||ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
Now that we have discussed both the HDFC Bank Millenia Credit Card and ICICI Bank Coral Credit Cards, we are quite familiar with the features and benefits that the cards individually provide. On one hand, where you get generous cashback using HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card, on the other hand, you get decent reward points using ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card. While the Millenia Credit Card provides you 5% cashback on your online spending, the Coral Credit Card provides you 2 Reward Points on all your spends. Both the cards have their own pros and cons and hence it would be quite unfair to decide which is better of the two. Hence, the prospective cardholder should thoroughly study the benefits offered by the two cards and then choose between the two.