With a number of premium credit cards available in the Indian market, it becomes quite challenging for some individuals to choose the best card for themselves. Two of the most popular credit cards in the premium category are the HDFC Infinia Credit Card and ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card. Both these cards are targeted are high net worth individuals and provide world-class privileges across various categories. However, the Infinia Credit Card is a more premium one than the Sapphiro Card, but the task here is not to get a more premium card but to get a card that suits your requirements.
The Infinia Credit Card is an invite-only credit card that is issued only to selected individuals who have an excellent credit history and a strong relationship with HDFC Bank. So, you don’t have the option to apply for this particular card. On the other hand, the Sapphiro Credit Card is issued based on application, so you can apply for this card online/offline. Therefore, one who wants to get one of these two cards only needs to understand that in order to get the Infinia Credit Card, you need to make a strong relationship with the bank by using any other HDFC Bank. Otherwise, it will be a better option to go with the Sapphiro Credit Card if it seems to fulfill your requirements.
HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card Metal Edition
The Infinia Metal Credit Card issued by HDFC Bank now comes in a metal form and is the most premium offering of the bank. It is targeted at high-income individuals and hence comes with a high annual fee of Rs. 12,500. From reward points to travel privileges to lifestyle benefits, this card provides you with everything you might expect from a credit card. This card is best suited for people who travel domestically as well as internationally very often. It is one of the most popular premium credit cards in the Indian market. However, one can’t get this card by applying for it, but the card issuer itself invites eligible customers to get this. The following are some of the most significant features of this credit card:
- The cardholders get a welcome gift of 12,500 bonus Reward Points and complimentary Club Marriott membership for the first year.
- You can earn up to 5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- The value of each Reward Point is equal to Re. 1 for travel-related bookings, and up to Re. 0.5 for other redemption options.
- The cardholders get unlimited complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access. This benefit is not only applicable for the primary cardholders, but for supplementary cardholders as well.
- The cardholders can also enjoy complimentary Priority Pass membership that allows them to access over 1,000 participating lounges across the globe.
- Unlimited complimentary access to golf games to selected golf courses all across the world.
- You can enjoy exciting dining privileges with the Good Food Trail Program.
- The cardholders get insurance covers worth up to Rs. 3 Crores.
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 1 lakh. The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 1,000 per month.
- The Infinia Credit Card charges a very low forex markup fee of 2% only.
- The annual fee of Rs. 12,500 is waived off for the next year if the cardholder has spent Rs. 8 lakhs or more in the previous year.
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card
The Sapphiro Credit Card is the second most premium card offered by the ICICI Bank (Emeralde being the most premium one). It is also targeted at high net worth individuals but one can apply for this, unlike the Infinia Card which is only issued to selected people. It comes with a joining fee of Rs. 6,500 and an annual fee of Rs. 3,500, which is worth it for those who can use it wisely. The Sapphiro Credit Card offers a decent reward rate along with a wide range of exciting benefits across different categories, which are as follows:
- The card welcomes you with several exclusive welcome benefits worth over Rs. 9,000 (including Zomato Pro membership and gift vouchers from several popular brands).
- The Sapphiro Card offers 4 Reward Points on every international spend of Rs. 100 and 2 Reward Points on every domestic spend of Rs. 100.
- The cardholders can earn up to 20,000 bonus Reward Points every year on achieving the required spending milestone.
- You can enjoy a Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer on movie ticket bookings via BookMyShow.
- With this card, you get 4 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter on spending a minimum of Rs. 5,000 in the previous quarter.
- You get 2 complimentary international lounge access every year.
- You can get insurance covers worth up to Rs. 3 Crores.
- The annual fee of Rs. 6,500 is waived off on spending Rs. 6 lakhs or more in the previous year.
Check Here: ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Review
|Factors||HDFC Infinia Credit Card||ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 12,500 (waived off on spending Rs. 8 lakh or more in the previous year)||Rs. 3,500(waived off on spending Rs. 6 lakh or more in the previous year)|
|Reward Rate||Up to 5 Reward Points on every spend of rs. 150 (where 1 RP = up to Re. 1).||Up to 4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 (1 RP = Re. 0.25)|
|Complimentary Lounge Access||Unlimited complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access.||
– 2 free international lounge visits every year.
– 4 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter by spending Rs. 5,000 in the previous quarter.
– Exciting dining benefits under the Good Food Trail Program.
– Complimentary golf sessions on the basis of the cardholders’ quarterly spends.
– Buy one get one free offer on movie tickets.
– Up to 20,000 bonus Reward Points every year as a milestone benefit.
If we just look at the features and benefits of both these cards, they might look to be similar. But, there are quite a lot of differences between the two, and one needs to compare the cards wisely before making the final decision. The Infinia Credit Card, which comes with a higher annual fee as compared to the Sapphiro Card, is an invite-only card and hence you need a really good credit score as well as a strong relationship with the HDFC bank in order to get it. On the other hand, anyone can apply for the Sapphiro Credit Card, which has limited but exciting advantages.
The Infinia Credit Card is a great choice for people who travel very frequently and want a credit card with unlimited free lounge access. However, those who are okay with limited free lounge access and want a super-premium card with a slightly lower annual fee should go with the Sapphiro Credit Card. None of these cards can be considered best for everyone. But, the choices may vary for different people based on their requirements and spending behavior.
Also Check: HDFC Infinia vs HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card