ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card is the second most premium card offered by the bank, just after the ICICI Emeralde Credit Card. The Sapphiro is issued with a yearly fee of Rs. 6,500 and you can experience an array of privileges, attractive offers, and user-friendly features. The card comes with three variants – ICICI Bank Sapphiro AmEx Credit Card, ICICI Bank Sapphiro Visa Credit Card, and the Mastercard variant. However, only the Visa variant is being issued currently. The card is not only best for frequent travelers, but also for people who aim to have a card with maximum saving opportunities, entertainment benefits, and many more other advantages.
With exclusive welcome benefits worth more than the joining fee, the ICICI bank aims to give a great start to your journey with this card. You get rewarded for almost every purchase you make using your ICICI credit card. Earlier, the cardholders were rewarded with Payback Points, but now the bank has replaced the Payback Program with the ICICI Rewards program and hence the cardholders will now earn ICICI Reward Points. Be it domestic/international purchases, utility bill payments, fuel purchases, or anything, you will save every time you spend. The Sapphiro credit card has a number of exciting features that you must know. Read on to get detailed information about the card:
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Movie & Dining
Get Rs. 500 off on the second movie or event ticket when you buy one ticket from Book My Show.
On every Rs. 100 spent, get 4 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on international purchases & 2 Reward Points on domestic purchases.
Redeem reward points earned for cash back or gifts at a rate of 1 RP = Re. 0.25.
Complimentary Domestic & International Airport Lounge visits and complimentary Spa Sessions at select Domestic airports under the Dreamfolks Membership Programme.
Complimentary golf rounds/lessons every quarter
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary domestic lounge visits with the MasterCard & Amex variant each, and 4 complimentary domestic lounge access with the Visa variant.
International Lounge Access
2 complimentary International Airport Lounge Access every year through the Dreamfolks membership.
Air accident insurance (worth Rs 3 crores), Credit Shield Cover worth Rs 50,000 and other travel-related Insurance Covers.
Zero Liability Protection
Lost card liability (worth Rs. 50,000) is applicable from 2 days prior to reporting and till 7 days after reporting the loss to the ICICI Bank.
Spend Based Waiver
Renewal fee waiver on spending Rs 6 Lakhs annualy.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.50% of the total transaction value.
3.4% per month (or 40.8% per annum)
1% of Fuel Surcharge Waiver (Maximum Rs 250 per billing cycle) at all fuel stations in India.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the total transaction amount (minimum Rs. 300)
Add-on Card Fee
- Joining benefits worth more than Rs. 9,000.
- An opportunity to earn extra Rs. 750 cashback as a welcome gift through the AmEx variant.
- Earn up to 4 Reward Points for every Rs 100 you spend on international purchases & 2 Reward Points per Rs 100 you spend on domestic purchases.
- 1 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 you incur on insurance and utility categories.
- Up to 20,000 bonus Reward Points every year under Milestone Reward Program.
- (Buy 1 Get 1 Free Offer) BOGO on movie tickets on BookMyShow.
- Get complimentary Lounge Access within and outside India, and complimentary spa sessions at selected domestic airports.
- Complimentary golf sessions up to 4 times a month at some of the finest golf courses across the globe with ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card.
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Features & Benefits
The Sapphiro Credit Card by ICICI Bank comes with a host of benefits in various categories, including reward programs, travel, airport lounge access, entertainment, dining, and many more. To understand all its benefits in detail, go through the information provided below:
- You get complimentary gift vouchers/loyalty program membership as a joining benefit within 45 days of realization of the membership of the Card. The following table summarizes the joining benefits that you get with your ICICI Emeralde Credit Card-
|Gift Voucher/Membership||Worth of Voucher/Membership|
|Tata CliQ Voucher||Rs. 3,000|
|Croma Voucher||Rs. 1,000|
|EaseMyTrip Voucher||Rs. 4,000|
|Uber Voucher||Rs. 1,000|
|Zomato Pro Membership||Rs. 800|
- Apart from this, with the American Express variant of the card, you can fetch a cashback worth Rs. 750 on spending a minimum of Rs. 20,000 within 60 days of card issuance.
With ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card, you earn 4,000 Reward points on spending Rs 4 lakhs in an anniversary year, and after that, you get 2,000 RPs every time you spend Rs. 1 lakh with your card. You can earn a maximum of 20,000 Points per anniversary year under the Milestone Reward Program.
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card entitles you to complimentary visits at domestic and international airport lounges with the Visa/MasterCard/American Express lounge access program and Dreamfolks lounge access program.
Visa/MasterCard/AmEx Airport Lounge Access Program
- You get 4 complimentary access to select partner domestic airport lounges with your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card under the Visa/MasterCard/AmEx lounge access program.
- The 4 complimentary domestic lounge access benefit is applicable only if you manage to spend Rs. 5,000 with the card in the preceding quarter.
- You can find the list of the partner airport lounges in India here.
Dreamfolks Lounge Access Program
- You get 2 complimentary international lounge access every year at partner lounges across the world along with 2 complimentary spa sessions at select airports with a complimentary Dreamfolks lounge access program membership worth USD 99.
- The lounge visits are complimentary only for the primary cardholder. Any accompanying guest (including any of the add-on cardholders) will have to pay.
- You can find the list of partner lounges under the Dreamfolks lounge access program here.
Movie & Dining:
- Get 1 movie ticket free every time you buy 1 ticket via BookMyShow.
- The complimentary movie ticket price should be below Rs. 500 and the offer can be availed 2 times a month.
- ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card allows you to enjoy your favourite delicacies by availing exclusive offers and benefits with the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme.
- ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card entitles you to 1 complimentary golf round/lesson at some of the most premium golf courses in the country per Rs. 50,000 spent in the preceding quarter. This golf benefit is provided by Golftripz.
- A maximum of 4 complimentary golf rounds/lessons can be availed in a given quarter.
- Cardholders must register their credit cards on the official Golftripz website to avail of the golf benefit.
- The complimentary rounds/lessons of golf are visible in the Golftripz account only after the 10th of the next month. These complimentary golf games are available to be played anytime in the next 2 months.
- You can find the list of all the partner golf courses here.
Following are the insurance benefits associated with the ICICI Bank Sapphiro credit card:
|Personal Air Accident||Rs 3 Crore|
|Baggage insurance||Up to Rs 25,000|
|Loss of checked-in baggage||USD 1200|
|Delay in receipt of checked-in baggage||USD 300 (in excess of 12 hours)|
|Missing flight due to trans-shipment||USD 300|
|Loss of travel documents||USD 500|
|Delay in flight||USD 250 (in excess of 12 hours)|
|Plane hijacking||USD 250 Per Hour (up to max 12 Hrs.)|
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card offers 24×7 concierge services and assists regarding:
- Flight referral and reservation.
- Hotel and restaurant reservation.
- Flowers and gifts.
- Booking and delivery of movie tickets.
- Medical Concierge services.
Zero Liability Protection:
The ICICI Bank provides its customers with zero liability protection against a lost or stolen card only if the bank has been reported within the stipulated time.. It means that you will not be responsible for any fraudulent transactions made on your lost card if you report it to the ICICI bank in a timely manner.
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Rewards
- With the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Visa Credit Card, you can earn 4 Reward Points every time you spend Rs. 100 on international transactions.
- You earn 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on domestic purcahses.
- You can also get 1 Reward point per Rs 100 spent on Utilities, Insurance, and fuel categories.
With ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, you can redeem your earned reward points against your card’s statement balance or purchase gifts as follows:
- To redeem your Reward Points against cash, make a call on 080-40146444. Your points will be credited as cash credit into your account within 7 days from the redemption request.
- For redemption against gifts, call on 1860-258-5000. The gift of your choice will be sent to you within 10 working days.
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Fees & Charges
- The joining fee for the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card is Rs. 6,500 and an annual fee of Rs. 3, 500 from the second year.
- The interest rate applicable with the card are 3.4% per month (40.8% annually).
- If you withdraw cash using your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, you have to pay a cash advance fee of 2.5% or Rs. 500 (whichever is lower).
- For transactions in foreign currency, a forex markup fee of 3.5% is charged.
ICICI Sapphiro Card Eligibility Criteria
|Age||Between 21 Years and 65 Years|
|Income||Stable source of Income|
|Credit Score||Decent credit score (750 or above)|
- Identity Proof – Voter’s Id, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, driving license, Passport, etc (anyone).
- Address proof – Aadhar Card, Utility bills, Passport, etc (anyone).
- Income Proof – salary slip or bank statement (for salaried individuals) and latest ITR (for self-employed people).
How To Apply For ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
The ICICI Bank provides both online and offline methods to apply for the Sapphiro credit card. If you prefer offline methods, simply visit your nearest branch and apply for the card. Or you can also apply online by following the steps given below:
- Visit ICICI Bank’s official website.
- Under the section cards, click on credit cards.
- Scroll down and you will see the Sapphiro Credit Card under the Gemstone cards.
- Click on the option ‘Get Card.’
- An application form will appear on your screen. Fill that carefully.
- Proceed further by submitting all your required documents and completing the process.
- The easiest and fastest way to track your ICICI Credit cards application status is to visit the official webpage to track an application where you can get the status of your credit card application by entering your registered mobile number, date of birth, and application number.
- If you don’t prefer online methods, you can visit the branch and ask the ICICI bank executives about your credit card application status.
- You can also contact your credit card customer care to know the status of your ICICI Sapphiro Card application.
How To Activate ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
There are a lot of different ways to activate your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card as follows:
- You can activate your card by logging in to the net banking account and then finding the option for PIN generation.
- A new card can also be activated through an ICICI Bank ATM. Visit your nearest ATM and click on the option ‘Create PIN using OTP.’ Make sure that you have the registered mobile number at the time of activation of the card.
- Also. you can use the ICICI Bank Mobile app, which has been created to make banking services easy for customers.
- Another option for credit card activation is to reach your credit card customer care and request them to guide you about the same.
How To Increase ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Limit
The ICICI Bank provides its customers with different ways to increase their credit card limit. These methods are mentioned below:
- SMS CRLIM <XXXX> to <5676766>, where XXXX denotes the last 4 digits of your credit card number.
- You can also request a credit limit increase through the ICICI Bank iMobile app by visiting the section ‘Manage card’ and then entering your desired credit limit.
- Internet banking is another easy way to get a higher credit limit on your ICICI Sapphiro card. Under the section ‘My Accounts,’ click on ‘Credit Card’ and then go to ‘Manage Credit limit.’
- If you are not comfortable with any of the above methods, you can contact ICICI Bank customer care and they will assist you on how you can request a credit limit increase.
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Bill Payment
Following are the different ways to pay your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card bill. You can choose any method at your convenience:
- You can make your Sapphiro Credit card bill payment by logging in to your internet banking account. Go to the section ‘Cards & Loans,’ select your credit card, and pay the bill.
- To pay bills through a bank account in a different bank, you can log in to your respective bank’s internet banking account and then make the transaction using NEFT, where you can enter the card number as the account number and find the IFSC code online.
- Wallet-based apps like Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Cred, etc, are other very convenient options to pay your credit card bill.
- You can also make your credit card bill payment through ICICI Bank ATM by selecting the same option from the menu.
- You can also pay your credit card bill via cash or cheque by dropping it at your nearest ATM or by sending it to the official address of the ICICI Bank branch nearest to you. However, the bill payment process may be a bit long via this method.
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Login/Net Banking
To register your ICICI Sapphiro Card for internet banking, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the ICICI Bank’s official website.
- Click on the option ‘Digital banking.’
- Now scroll down and click on the option ‘Open an account’ to open your internet banking account.
- Proceed further to get your user Id.
- Enter your account number and click on ‘Go.’
- Enter your registered mobile number and proceed.
- Complete the verification process and your account credentials will be sent to you on your registered mobile number.
How To Block ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
There are a lot of ways to get your card blocked in emergency situations. If your card gets lost stolen or some fraudulent transactions are being made on it, you must get your card blocked as soon as possible and this is how it can be done:
- Log in to your ICICI Bank internet banking account and under the section ‘manage your card’ choose the option to block your credit card. A confirmation message will appear on your screen after your card will be blocked.
- You can also get your credit card blocked through the ICICI iMobile app under the section Services.
- You can also contact credit card customer care and request them to block your card at the earliest.
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Customer Care
- If you have any doubts or queries related to your ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card, you can contact the bank’s customer care on 1860 120 7777. This number is available every day from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- To contact ICICI bank customer care via mail, you can send your query to [email protected] along with all your personal and account details.
Cards Similar To ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
Following are some of the popular cards that are comparable with the Sapphiro Credit Card. We have compared them on the basis of different factors including annual fee and their benefits in the table given below:
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Reward Rate||Main Benefits|
|ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card||Rs. 6,500 (joining fee)Rs. 3,500 (annual fee)||Up to 4 Reward Points on every international spend of Rs. 100.
Up to 2 Reward points on every domestic spend of Rs. 100.
|Complimentary domestic and international airport lounge access.
Buy 1 get 1 free offer on movies on BookMyShow.
Up to 20,000 Reward Points every year on achieving the spend milestone.
|HDFC Infinia Credit Card||Rs. 12,500||5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
2x Reward Points on dining.
10x Reward Points on SmartBuy portal.
|Unlimited complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
Complimentary dine-out passport membership.
|SBI Elite Credit Card||Rs. 4,999||2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
5x Reward Points on dining, groceries, and departmental stores.
|Complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access every year.
Complimentary movie tickets every month.
Up to 50,000 bonus reward points on achieving the spend milestone.
|Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card||Rs. 5,000||5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.||Complimentary domestic and international lounge access every year.
5% cashback at duty-free stores at the airports.
Is This The Right Card For You?
Different credit cards can be best suited for different individuals as everyone’s requirements vary. Before applying for the ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card, you must check whether it fits your needs or not. You need to analyze your spending habits first in order to understand the categories where you spend the most. After that, go through all the features of the Sapphiro Credit Card. If you think that it fulfills all your expectations and is affordable for you, you can apply for it. But, make sure to compare it with a few similar cards before making any decision.
One of the most premium offering by ICICI Bank, the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card, is undoubtedly a significant choice for individuals, who believe in having a credit card with multiple benefits over different categories, including Reward offers, travel, entertainment, dining, etc. This card rewards you for all the domestic and international spends that you make using it, with the AmEx variant offering 50% greater rewards in comparison to the Mastercard variant. Moreover, ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card allows you to enjoy your favourite delicacies by availing exclusive offers and benefits including a 15% saving on bills under the ICICI Culinary Treats Programme at more than 2,500 restaurants all over India.
You can also avail of 2 complimentary movie tickets worth up to Rs. 500 each, saving you up to Rs. 12,000 per year. Talking about its travel benefits, the card provides complimentary domestic and international lounge visits every year, making your travel experiences even more luxurious. However, the joining fee of the card is quite high which is offset by the welcome benefits provided, but the annual fee is relatively affordable. All these privileges make this card worth trying.
The Reward Points are valid for 3 years from the date of accrual.
Yes, the Renewal fee can be waived if you manage to incur Rs. 6 Lakh or more in the last year.
Yes, you get an Air Accidental Insurance of Rs 3 Crores which can be used by the cardholder itself.
You can avail of 2 spa sessions at selected airports all over India in 1 year under the Dreamfolks Program.
No, the ICICI Sapphiro Card is not free. It is issued with a joining fee of Rs. 6,500 and an annual fee of Rs. 3,500.
Yes, the ICICI Sapphiro Card is international, i.e, it can be used for transactions in a foreign currency as well. You can enable/disable international transactions as per your needs using your credit card internet banking account.
The interest rate aaplicable on the ICICI Sapphiro Card is 3.4% per month, i.e, 40.8% per annum.
Yes, you can withdraw cash using your ICICI Sapphiro Card, but there is a certain limit up to which the cash can be withdrawn. Moreover, a cash advance fee of 2.5% (minimum Rs. 500) will be applicable whenever you withdraw cash.