ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card is a premium credit card that has been categorized under the Gemstone Collection. This credit card comes with an annual fee of Rs 6,500 and you can experience an array of privileges, attractive offers, and user-friendly features. The card is offered in three variants- ICICI Bank Sapphiro AmEx Credit Card, ICICI Bank Sapphiro Visa Credit Card, and the Mastercard variant allowing its customers to get the benefits of three cards with a single account. The card is not only best for frequent travelers, but also for people who aim to have a card with maximum saving opportunities, entertainment benefits, and many more other advantages.
With exclusive welcome benefits worth more than the joining fee, the ICICI bank aims to give a great start to your journey with this card. You get rewarded for almost every purchase you make using your ICICI credit card. Be it domestic/international purchases, utility bill payments, fuel purchases, or anything, you will save every time you spend. The Sapphiro credit card has a number of exciting features that you must know. Read on to get detailed information about the card:
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Shopping |
Rs 6,500 (plus applicable taxes)
Reward Points |
- Welcome benefits worth more than Rs. 9,000.
- An opportunity to earn Rs. 750 cashback as a welcome gift through the AmEx variant.
- Earn up to 6 PAYBACK Points on every Rs 100 spent on international purchases and 3 PAYBACK Points on every Rs 100 spent on domestic purchases.
- Up to 20,000 bonus PAYBACK Reward Points every year under Milestone Reward Program.
- Exclusive offers and benefits under the ICICI Culinary Treats Programme.
- BOGO (Buy 1 Get 1 Free Offer) on movie tickets on BookMyShow.
- Complimentary Dreamfolks membership.
- Get complimentary Lounge Access within and outside India, and complimentary spa sessions at selected domestic airports.
- Avail 24×7 concierge service through ICICI’s i-Assist.
- Avail of complimentary golf sessions up to 4 times a month at some of the finest golf courses across the globe.
- 1% of Fuel Surcharge Waiver at all fuel stations across India.
Rewards and Benefits
Get exclusive travel & shopping gift vouchers worth more than Rs. 9,000 with the Visa & Mastercard variants and get a cashback of Rs. 750 on spending Rs 20,000 within 60 days of issuance with the AmEx variant.
Movie & Dining
Get Rs. 500 off on the second movie or event ticket when you buy one ticket from Book My Show. A discount of 15% or more on dining through the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme.
On every Rs. 100 spent, get 6 PAYBACK Points on international purchases & 3 PAYBACK Points on domestic purchases through the AmEx variant and get 4 PAYBACK Points on international purchases & 2 PAYBACK Points on domestic purchases through the Mastercard & Visa variant.
The PAYBACK Points you earn can be redeemed against various products and categories, like travel, electric appliances, shopping, cash, etc, at a rate of 1 PAYBACK Point = Re. 0.25.
Get complimentary Domestic & International Airport Lounge Access and complimentary Spa Sessions at select Domestic airports under the Dreamfolks Membership Programme.
Get complimentary golf sessions up to 4 times a month at some of the finest golf courses across the world.
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary domestic lounge access with the MasterCard & Amex variant each, and 4 complimentary domestic lounge access with the Visa variant.
International Lounge Access
Get 2 complimentary International Airport Lounge Access every year through the Dreamfolks membership.
Air accident insurance worth Rs 3 crores, Credit Shield Cover worth Rs 50,000 and other travel-related Insurance Covers.
Zero Liability Protection
Lost card liability worth Rs. 50,000 applicable from 2 days before reporting and till 7 days after reporting the loss of card to the ICICI Bank.
Fees & Charges
Rs 6,500 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 3,500 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Renewal fee waived off on annual spends of Rs 6 Lakhs.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes) per redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.50% of the total transaction value.
3.4% per month (or 40.8% per annum)
1% of Fuel Surcharge Waiver (Maximum waiver of Rs 250 per billing cycle) at all fuel stations across India.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the total transaction amount (minimum Rs. 300)
Add-on Card Fee
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Features & Benefits
The Sapphiro Credit Card by ICICI Bank comes with a host of benefits in various categories, including reward programs, travel, airport lounge access, entertainment, dining, and many more. To understand all its benefits in detail, go through the information provided below:
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card Welcome Benefits:
- With the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Visa Credit Card & MasterCard variant, you get exclusive gift vouchers worth more than Rs. 9,000 within 45 days of successful payment of the Membership fee as a welcome privilege. The following vouchers will be included in this package-
- Tata Cliq Voucher worth Rs 3,000
- Croma Voucher worth Rs 1,000
- Ease My Trip Vouchers worth Rs 4,000
- Uber Vouchers worth Rs 1,000
- Zomato Pro- 12 Month Membership worth Rs. 800
- Also, if you spend Rs 20,000 in the first 60 days on your ICICI Sapphiro AmEx variant you get Rs 750 as a cashback reward.
- With ICICI Bank Sapphiro AmEx Credit Card, you can earn up to 6 PAYBACK Points on spending Rs 100.
- With the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Visa Credit Card, you can earn up to 4 PAYBACK Points on spending Rs. 100.
- With the ICICI Bank Sapphiro MasterCard Credit Card, you can earn up to 4 PAYBACK Points on spending Rs. 100.
- You can also earn 1 Payback reward point on every Rs 100 spent on Fuel, Utilities, and Insurance categories.
- Earn 50% extra reward points on ICICI Bank Sapphiro Amex Credit Card.
|Spend Category||Payback Points (MasterCard/Visa Variant)||Payback Points (AMEX Variant)|
With ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card, you earn 4,000 Payback points on spending Rs 4 lakhs in an anniversary year, and you get 2,000 Payback Points every time you achieve a milestone spend of Rs. 1 lakh. You can get a maximum of 20,000 PAYBACK Reward Points under the Milestone Reward Program.
Movie & Dining:
- Get 1 movie or event ticket free every time you buy 1 ticket on BookMyShow.
- The maximum price of the complimentary movie ticket can be Rs. 500 and the offer can be availed 2 times a month.
- ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card allows you to enjoy your favorite delicacies by availing exclusive offers and benefits under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme.
- ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, allows you to access Airport Lounges in India 2 times per quarter on the AmEx variant, 2 times per quarter on the Mastercard variant, and 4 times per quarter on the Visa variant.
- Apart from this, you also get free access to International Airport Lounges 2 times and 2 complimentary spas each year at selected domestic airports through the complimentary Dreamfolks membership.
- Get 1 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter.
With ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card, you can enjoy up to 4 complimentary golf sessions every month, for every Rs 50,000 retail spends in the previous month. You can book your slot at your convenience at golftripz.com and enjoy your golf session at some of the finest golf courses across the globe.
With ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, you get the following insurance benefits:
|Personal Air Accident||Rs 3 Crore|
|Baggage insurance||Up to Rs 25,000|
|Loss of checked-in baggage||USD 1200|
|Delay in receipt of checked-in baggage||USD 300 (in excess of 12 hours)|
|Missing flight due to trans-shipment||USD 300|
|Loss of travel documents||USD 500|
|Delay in flight||USD 250 (in excess of 12 hours)|
|Plane hijacking||USD 250 Per Hour (up to max 12 Hrs.)|
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card offers 24×7 concierge services and assists regarding:
- Flight referral and reservation.
- Hotel and restaurant reservation.
- Flowers and gifts.
- Booking and delivery of movie tickets.
- Medical Concierge services.
Zero Liability Protection
The ICICI Bank provides its customers with zero liability protection against a lost or stolen card if the loss has been reported to the bank in a timely manner. It means that you will not be responsible for any fraudulent transactions made on your lost card if you report it to the ICICI bank in a timely manner.
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card Reward Points Redemption:
With ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, you can redeem your Payback reward points to purchase any products like mobiles, electronic appliances, or any gift vouchers for movies, food, travel, etc. You can also redeem your Payback points against your statement balance. The following table shows the value of Payback points for redemption against different categories:
Cash (1 PB Reward Point= Rs 0.25).
Cash is transferred to your card associated account within 7 working days.
(You can redeem these Payback Reward Points by purchasing a product or vouchers available in the catalogue on payback.in)
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Fees & Charges
- The joining fee of the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card is Rs. 6,500 and it charges an annual fee of Rs. 3, 500 every year from the second year.
- The interest rate on this card is 3.4% per month, which becomes 40.8% annually.
- If you withdraw cash using your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card, you will have to pay a cash advance fee of 2.5% subject to a minimum of Rs. 300.
- To make transactions in a foreign currency, a forex markup fee of 3.5% is chargeable.
ICICI Sapphiro Card Eligibility & Documentation
- To apply for the ICICI Sapphiro Credit card, your age should be between 21 years and 65 years.
- You should have a net annual income of 2.5 lakhs or above.
- You should have a good credit score (750 or above).
- Identity Proof – Aadhar Card, Voter’s Id, Pan Card, driving license, Passport, etc (anyone).
- Address proof – Aadhar Card, Utility bills, Passport, etc (anyone).
- Income Proof – salary slip or bank statement (for salaried individuals) and latest ITR (for self-employed people).
How To Apply For ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
You can apply for the ICICI Sapphiro Card online as well as offline at your convenience. To apply offline, you simply need to visit your nearest branch with all the required documents as mentioned above. To apply online, you must follow a few simple steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the ICICI Bank’s official website.
- Under the section cards, click on credit cards.
- Scroll down and you will see the Sapphiro Credit Card under the Gemstone cards.
- Click on the option ‘Get Card.’
- An application form will appear on your screen. Fill that carefully.
- Proceed further by submitting all your required documents and completing the process.
How To Activate ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
There are a lot of different ways to activate your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card as follows:
- You can do activate your card by logging in to your net banking account and then finding the option for PIN generation.
- A new card can also be activation through an ICICI Bank ATM. Visit your nearest ATM and click on the option ‘Create PIN using OTP.’ Make sure that you have the registered mobile number at the time of activation of the card.
- You can also do the same through the ICICI Bank Mobile app, which has been created to make banking services easy for customers.
- Another option for credit card activation is to contact your credit card customer care and ask them to guide you about the same.
How To Check ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Application Status
- The easiest and fastest way to track your ICICI Credit cards application status is to visit their official webpage to track an application where you can get the status of your credit card application in minuted y entering your registered mobile number, date of bird, and application number.
- If you don’t prefer online methods, you can visit the branch and ask the ICICI bank executives about your credit card application status.
- You can also contact your credit card customer care to know the status of your ICICI Sapphiro Card application.
How To Increase ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Limit
The ICICI Bank provides its customers with different ways to increase their credit card limit. These methods are mentioned below:
- SMS CRLIM
to <5676766>, where XXXX denotes the last 4 digits of your credit card number.
- You can also request a credit limit increase through the ICICI Bank iMobile app by visiting the section ‘Manage card’ and then entering your desired credit limit.
- Internet banking is another easy way to get a higher credit limit on your ICICI Sapphiro card. Under the section ‘My Accounts,’ click on ‘Credit Card’ and then go to ‘Manage Credit limit.’
- If you are not comfortable with any of the above methods, you can contact ICICI Bank customer care and they will assist you on how you can request a credit limit increase.
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Bill Payment
Following are the different ways to pay your ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card bill. You can choose any method at your convenience:
- You can make your Sapphiro Credit card bill payment by logging in to your internet banking account. Go to the section ‘Cards & Loans,’ select your credit card, and pay the bill.
- To pay bills through a bank account in a different bank, you can log in to your respective bank’s internet banking account and then make the transaction using NEFT, where you can enter the card number as the account number and find the IFSC code online.
- Wallet-based apps like Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Cred, etc, are other very convenient options to pay your credit card bill.
- You can also make your credit card bill payment through ICICI Bank ATM by selecting the same option from the menu.
- You can also pay your credit card bill via cash or cheque by dropping it at your nearest ATM or by sending it to the official address of the ICICI Bank branch nearest to you. However, the bill payment process may be a bit long via this method.
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Login/Net Banking
To register your ICICI Sapphiro Card for internet banking, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the ICICI Bank’s official website.
- Click on the option ‘Digital banking.’
- Now scroll down and click on the option ‘Open an account’ to open your internet banking account.
- Proceed further to get your user Id.
- Enter your account number and click on ‘Go.’
- Enter your registered mobile number and proceed.
- Complete the verification process and your account credentials will be sent to you on your registered mobile number.
How To Block ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
There are a lot of ways to get your card blocked in emergency situations. If your card gets lost stolen or some fraudulent transactions are being made on it, you must get your card blocked as soon as possible and this is how it can be done:
- Log in to your ICICI Bank internet banking account and under the section ‘manage your card’ choose the option to block your credit card. A confirmation message will appear on your screen after your card will be blocked.
- You can also get your credit card blocked through the ICICI iMobile app under the section Services.
- If you are not comfortable with internet-related services, you can contact your credit card customer care and request them to block your card at the earliest.
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Customer Care
- For any doubts or queries related to your ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card, you can contact the bank’s customer care on 1860 120 7777. This number is available every day from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- To contact ICICI bank customer care via mail, you can send your query to [email protected] along with all your personal and account details.
Cards Similar To ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
|Benefits||ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card||HDFC Infinia Credit Card||HDFC Regalia Credit Card||ICICI Coral Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 6,500 (joining fee)
Rs. 3,500 (annual fee)
|Rs. 12,500||Rs. 2,500||Rs. 500|
|Rewards Rate||Up to 6 Payback Points on every international spend of Rs. 100.
Up to 3 Payback points on every domestic spend of Rs. 100.
|5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
2x Reward Points on dining.
10x Reward Points on SmartBuy portal.
|4 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150||4 Payback Points on every Rs. 100 spent online (AmEx variant).
2 Payback Points on every retail spend of Rs. 100.
1 Payback Point on every Rs. 100 spent on utility and insurance-related categories.
|Reward Redemption||1 Payback Point = Re. 0.25||1 RP = Re. 0.30 for redemption against cashback
1 RP = Re. 1 for redemption against products and gift vouchers
1 RP = Re. 1 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings on SmartBuy
|1 RP = Re. 0.20 for redemption against cashback
1 RP = Re. 0.35 for redemption against products and gift vouchers
1 RP = Re. 0.50 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings
|1 Payback Point = Re. 0.25.|
|Additional Benefits||Complimentary domestic and international airport lounge access.
Buy 1 get 1 free offer on movies on BookMyShow.
Up to 20,000 Payback Points every year on achieving the spend milestone.
|Unlimited complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
Complimentary dine out passport membership.
|Complimentary domestic and international lounge access every year.
Up to 15,000 bonus Reward Points every year on achieving the spend milestone.
Complimentary dine-out passport membership.
|Complimentary domestic lounge access.
25% discount up to Rs. 100 on movie tickets.
Up to 10,000 bonus Payback Points every year under the milestone benefits.
Is This The Right Card For You?
Different credit cards can be best suited for different individuals as everyone’s requirements vary. Before applying for the ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card, you must check whether it fits your needs or not. You need to analyze your spending habits first in order to understand the categories where you spend the most. After that, go through all the features of the Sapphiro Credit Card. If you think that it fulfills all your expectations and is affordable for you, you can apply for it. But, make sure to compare it with a few similar cards before making any decision.
The most premium offering by the ICICI Bank, the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card, is undoubtedly a significant choice for individuals, who believe in having a credit card with multiple benefits over different categories, including Reward offers, travel, entertainment, dining, etc. This card rewards you for all the domestic and international spends that you make using it, with the AmEx variant offering 50% greater rewards in comparison to the Mastercard variant. Moreover, ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card allows you to enjoy your favorite delicacies by availing exclusive offers and benefits including a 15% saving on bills under the ICICI Culinary Treats Programme at more than 2,500 restaurants all over India.
You can also avail of 2 complimentary movie tickets worth up to Rs. 500 each, saving you up to Rs. 12,000 per year. Talking about its travel benefits, the card provides complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access every year, making your travel experiences even more luxurious. However, the joining fee of the card is quite high, but the annual fee is relatively affordable. All these privileges make this card worth trying.
Payback Reward Points are valid for 3 years from the date of accrual.
Yes, the Renewal fee is waived off on annual spending of Rs 6 Lakhs.
Yes, you get an Air Accidental Insurance of Rs 3 Crores which can be used by the cardholder itself.
You can avail 2 spa sessions at selected airports in India in 1 year under the Dreamfolks Program.
No, the ICICI Sapphiro Card is not free. It comes with a joining fee of Rs. 6,500 and an annual fee of Rs. 3,500.
Yes, the ICICI Sapphiro Card is international, i.e, it can be used for transactions in a foreign currency as well. You can enable/disable international transactions as per your needs using your credit card internet banking account.
The interest rate on the ICICI Sapphiro Card is 3.4% per month, i.e, 40.8% per annum.
Yes, you can withdraw cash using your ICICI Sapphiro Card, but there is a certain limit up to which the cash can be withdrawn. Moreover, a cash advance fee of 2.5% or Rs. 300 will be charged every time you withdraw cash.