The Infinia Credit Card is HDFC bank’s most premium offering. Recently, HDFC relaunched the Infinia Credit Card in metallic form factor (all new issuances of the card will now be on the metallic variant). It is an invite-only card. HDFC targets HNIs (High Net-Worth Individuals) with this card who want a luxurious lifestyle with exclusive privileges like 24×7 concierge service, access to premium golf destinations, and attractive dining benefits at some of the country’s most premium restaurant chains. All these benefits put this card in direct competition with ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card, Citibank Prestige Card, and Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card. Keeping in mind the international traveling needs of its premium customers, HDFC offers a lower foreign currency exchange rate of 2% and a complimentary Priority Pass membership with this card.
HDFC Bank Infinia credit card is a Reward Points-based card: you earn 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent using this card. Although the membership fee for this card is slightly on the higher side, Rs. 10,000/annum, it is most certainly worth it and it can be the card of preference for you if you’re someone who is financially stable and can not compromise with your lifestyle needs.
HDFC Bank INFINIA Metal Edition Credit Card
Best Suited For
Travel | Dining |
Rs. 12,500 (plus applicable taxes)
Reward Points |
- 1 year complimentary Club Marriott membership.
- 12,500 Reward Points as a Welcome Benefit.
- Unlimited airport lounge access across the globe for both primary and add-on cardholders.
- 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent (except fuel transactions).
- 24×7 global concierge service.
- Unlimited golf games at leading golf destinations in India and abroad.
- Low foreign currency markup of 2%.
- Dining benefits with Good Food Trail program.
- 1+1 complimentary buffet on weekends at participating ITC hotels.
- 2+1 complimentary night stay at participating ITC hotels.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India.
Rewards and Benefits
10,000 bonus Reward Points and Complimentary Club Marriott membership for first year.
Movie & Dining
Exclusive dining benefits with the Good Food Trail Program and complimentary Club Marriott membership, 1 + 1 complimentary buffet at ITC hotels.
5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent, reward rate of up to 3.3%
Reward Points redeemable for flight and hotel bookings via SmartBuy (1 RP = Re. 1), Airmiles through net banking (1 RP = 1 Airmile), products and vouchers via net banking or SmartBuy (1 RP = Rs. 0.50), cashback (1 RP = Rs. 0.30)
Complimentary Priority Pass membership with unlimited lounge access across the globe and complimentary Club Marriott membership for 1 year, complimentary 2 + 1 night stay at participating ITC hotels
Unlimited complimentary golf games at leading golf courses across India and abroad
Domestic Lounge Access
Unlimited complimentary domestic airport lounge access with the Priority Pass membership for primary as well as add-on cardholders, 4 domestic lounge access per quarter with Visa/MasterCard domestic lounge access program
International Lounge Access
Unlimited complimentary international lounge access across the globe for the primary cardmember and all add-on cardholders.
Air accident insurance cover worth Rs. 3 crore (applicable only in case of loss of life due to an air accident), a cover worth Rs. 50 lakh against medical emergencies during international air travel, Credit shield cover worth Rs. 9 lakh (the outstanding amount on the card is covered in case of accidental death or permanent disability of the primary cardholder).
Zero Liability Protection
In case of loss of card, if you report the same within 24 hours, you have zero cost liability on any fraudulent transaction made with your credit card. Bank not liable for any transaction made prior to the time of reporting.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 12,500 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 10,000 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Renewal fee waived off on expenditure of Rs. 8 lakh in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
2% (plus applicable taxes)
1.99% per month (or 23.8% annually)
1% Fuel surcharge waived (capped at Rs. 1,000 per month)
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum amount of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card Welcome Benefits:
- As a Welcome Benefit, HDFC gives you a complimentary Club Marriott membership for one year, as a part of which you get up to 20% off on restaurant bills for a maximum of 10 guests and 20% off on the best available rates at participating Marriott hotels in India and on Weekend Rates in the Asia Pacific with this card.
- Another Welcome Benefit that you get is 12,500 bonus Reward Points after successful realization of the joining fee.
HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card Rewards:
- For every Rs. 150 spent using the Infinia HDFC card (except fuel spends), you earn 5 Reward Points.
- You earn accelerated Reward Points on travel and shopping spends on the SmartBuy platform (10x Reward Points for hotel/flight/bus ticket bookings, 5x points on rail tickets and shopping from Amazon, and 3x points on shopping from Flipkart).
- You get 2x Reward Points on dining spends at standalone restaurants (2x RPs capped at 1000 RPs/day, the usual rate of 5 RPs/Rs. 150 applicable thereafter).
- The reward points you earn on insurance categories are capped at 5,000 points per day.
- Transactions like EasyEMI and e-wallet reloading will not be eligible for reward points.
The HDFC Infinia card earns you Reward Points which can be redeemed against shopping vouchers, hotel bookings, and flight tickets, and can be adjusted against the card’s statement balance (as has been discussed in detail in the next section).
- The Reward Points earned using the Infinia HDFC credit card can be redeemed on HDFC’s SmartBuy platform or via Netbanking.
- You can redeem the Reward Points against hotel/flight bookings, DTH recharges, etc on SmartBuy (1 RP = Re. 1). For flight/hotel bookings, only 70% of the amount can be paid in the form of reward points.
- Reward Points can also be converted into AirMiles via Netbanking (1 RP = 1 AirMile).
- You can also purchase products and vouchers via Netbanking or on SmartBuy using your Reward Points (1 RP = Rs. 0.50).
- The Reward Points can also earn you cashback (i.e. can be redeemed against the statement balance of the card). The rate of redemption is however lower (1 RP = Rs. 0.30) in this case. It should be noted that for flight and hotel bookings, only 70% of the total payment can be made through the Reward Points.
- You get unlimited complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access (for primary as well as add-on cardholders) across the globe with the Priority Pass membership.
- If you avail of the lounge benefit under the Visa/MasterCard domestic lounge program, you get a maximum of 4 lounge visits per quarter with the HDFC Infinia Card.
- You also get a 1-year membership of the Club Marriott loyalty program which entitles you to a 20% discount on the best available rates at some of the most luxurious hotels across India and on the Weekend Rates in the Asia Pacific.
- You also get a complimentary one night stay at partner ITC hotels on booking a 2-night stay.
HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card Dining Benefits:
The complimentary Club Mariott membership that you get as Welcome Benefit entitles you to a discount of up to 20% on food and beverage bills at the participating restaurants for up to a maximum of 10 guests. Apart from this, you get plenty of other dining benefits under the Good Food Trail program which gives you a complimentary Dineout passport membership for a year. The benefits of the Dineout passport include:
- An assured discount of 25% at 200+ premium restaurants.
- 1+1 buffet at 200+ restaurants.
- 1+1 food/drinks at select restaurants.
- 1+1 buffet on weekends at participating ITC hotels.
These discounts won’t be valid on occasions like New Year’s day/eve, Christmas day/eve, and Valentine’s day.
Insurance Benefits of HDFC Infinia Credit Card:
|Accidental air death||Rs. 3 crores|
|Medical emergency cover||Up to Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Credit shield||Rs. 9 lakhs|
|Credit liability||Rs. 9 lakhs|
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
1% fuel surcharge is waived at all fuel stations across the country for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 1,00,000 (maximum waived amount capped at Rs. 1,000 per month). No Reward Points are earned for purchases at fuel stations.
Spend-based Renewal Fee Waiver
The renewal fee of Rs. 10,000 is waived off if Rs. 8,00,000 were spent in the previous year. However, you don’t get the 10,000 bonus Reward Points if the annual fee is waived off.
Low Foreign Currency Markup:
The foreign currency markup for the Infinia credit card is 2% (plus taxes), which is much lower than the usual 3.5% for most other credit cards.
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Eligibility:
The Infinia credit card is an invite-only credit card, so there are no pre-defined criteria of eligibility.
HDFC’s customer care service is available 24×7 including Sundays and holidays. You can contact their call centers at 61606161 or 6160616 (prefix the STD code) for any queries or report the loss of the card. You can also shoot an email at [email protected].
HDFC Bank Infinia credit card offers a plethora of benefits to its customers including lifestyle benefits like a 24×7 concierge service, complimentary access to the country’s leading golf destinations, dining and travel benefits like unlimited complimentary lounge access all around the world with the Priority Pass membership, flight/hotel bookings using Reward Points and, obviously, shopping benefit of 5 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent with the card. Considering all these benefits and privileges, it’s safe to say that this card fits the needs of almost all types of customers. Of course, since it’s a premium credit card, although the bank has not mentioned it explicitly, your net worth must be fairly high to be eligible for this card.
What do you think of this card? We’d love to know your opinion, so feel free to leave a comment. And if you’re an existing cardholder, do let us know about your experience with the card.
The Reward Points expire after 3 years from the date of accumulation. Also, if the card is not used for 365 days, the Reward Points are nullified.
To redeem the reward points, follow these simple steps:
- Login to your HDFC Net banking account.
- Click on the tab ‘Credit Cards.’
- Register your credit card if not already done.
- Click on the option ‘Redeem reward points’ on the left navigation bar.
- Select your card and click on continue.
- Select the required category/products and redeem your points.
You can also redeem your points on the HDFC SmartBuy portal. The monetary value of Reward Points varies depending upon where the points are redeemed. For redemption against flight bookings and hotel reservations on SmartBuy, 1 RP = Re. 1. Conversion rate of Reward Points to AitMiles is 1 RP = 1 AirMile. Redemption of Reward Points for purchasing shopping vouchers on SmartBuy or via Netbanking, 1 RP = Rs. 0.50, and if you want to use the Reward Points to settle your card’s statement balance, 1 RP = Rs. 0.30.
No, the Club Marriott membership is offered as a Welcome Benefit at the time of joining and is valid only for a period of 1 year.
No, only the primary cardholder gets the insurance benefits.
The dedicated customer care numbers for HDFC bank Infinia Credit cardholders are: 1800 266 3310, 1800 102 3310, and 022-61717606 (available 24*7).
The HDFC bank Infinia Credit Card is an invite-only card, i.e., you can get the card only if the bank invites you for the same. Following are some key points that should be kept in mind if you want to get the card:
- You should have a long relationship with the HDFC Bank.
- You should have a high net relationship value with the bank (in the form of loans, life insurance, FDs, mutual funds, etc).
- Regular and responsible use of the existing HDFC credit card.
The joining fee of the Infinia Credit Card is Rs. 10,000 (plus applicable taxes).
The HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card comes with a credit limit of a minimum of Rs. 8 to 10 lakhs. However, the card has the NPSL (No pre-set credit limit) feature that allows you to get your credit limit increased by informing the Infinia HDFC team.