The Infinia Credit Card is HDFC bank’s most premium offering. Recently, HDFC relaunched the Infinia Credit Card in metallic form factor (all new issuances of the card will now be on the metallic variant). It is an invite-only card. HDFC targets HNIs (High Net-Worth Individuals) with this card who want a luxurious lifestyle with exclusive privileges like 24×7 concierge service, access to premium golf destinations, and attractive dining benefits at some of the country’s most premium restaurant chains. All these benefits put this card in direct competition with ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card, Citibank Prestige Card, and Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card.
Keeping in mind the international traveling needs of its premium customers, HDFC offers a lower foreign currency exchange rate of 2% and a complimentary Priority Pass membership with this card. HDFC Infinia Metal is a Reward Points-based card: you earn 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent using this card. Although the membership fee for this card is slightly on the higher side, Rs. 12,500/annum, is most certainly worth it and it can be the card of preference for you if you’re someone who is financially stable and can not compromise with your lifestyle needs. To understand the features of this card is more detail, go through the HDFC Infinia Metal Review given below:
HDFC Bank INFINIA Credit Card Metal Edition
Best Suited For
Travel | Dining |
Rs. 12,500 (plus applicable taxes)
Reward Points |
- 1 year complimentary Club Marriott membership.
- 12,500 Reward Points as a Welcome Benefit.
- Unlimited access to airport lounges across the globe for both primary and add-on cardholders.
- Get 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent (except fuel transactions) with your HDFC Bank Infinia Card.
- 24×7 global concierge service.
- Unlimited golf games at leading golf destinations in India and abroad.
- Low foreign currency markup of 2%.
- Dining benefits with Good Food Trail program.
- 1+1 complimentary buffet on weekends at participating ITC hotels.
- 2+1 complimentary night stay at participating ITC hotels.
- Spend-based annual fee waiver.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India.
Rewards and Benefits
10,000 bonus Reward Points and free Club Marriott membership for first year.
Movie & Dining
Exclusive dining benefits with the Good Food Trail Program and free Club Marriott membership, 1 + 1 complimentary buffet at ITC hotels.
5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent, reward rate of up to 3.3%
Reward Points redeemable for flight and hotel bookings via SmartBuy (1 RP = Re. 1), Airmiles through net banking (1 RP = 1 Airmile), products and vouchers via net banking or SmartBuy (1 RP = Rs. 0.50), Apple and Tanishq vouchers (1 RP = Re. 1) cashback (1 RP = Rs. 0.30)
Complimentary Priority Pass membership with unlimited free access to airport lounges and complimentary Club Marriott membership for 1 year, complimentary 2 + 1 night stay at participating ITC hotels
Unlimited complimentary golf games at leading golf courses across India and abroad
Domestic Lounge Access
Unlimited complimentary access to domestic lounges with the Priority Pass membership for primary as well as add-on Infinia cardholders, 4 domestic lounge access per quarter with Visa/MasterCard domestic lounge program
International Lounge Access
Unlimited complimentary access to international lounges across the globe for the primary cardmember and all add-on cardholders.
Air accident insurance cover worth Rs. 3 crore (applicable only in case of loss of life due to an air accident), a cover worth Rs. 50 lakh against medical emergencies during international air travel, Credit shield cover worth Rs. 9 lakh (the outstanding amount on the card is covered in case of accidental death or permanent disability of the primary cardholder).
Zero Liability Protection
In case of loss of card, if you report the same within 24 hours, you have zero cost liability on any fraudulent transaction made with your credit card. Bank not liable for any transaction made prior to the time of reporting.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 12,500 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 12,500 (plus applicable taxes)
Spend based Waiver
Renewal fee waived off on expenditure of Rs. 8 lakh in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
2% (plus applicable taxes)
1.99% per month (or 23.8% annually)
1% Fuel surcharge waived (capped at Rs. 1,000 per month)
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum amount of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Metal Edition Features and Benefits
The Infinia Card issued by the HDFC Bank is the most premium and exclusive card offered by the bank. This credit card offers some exceptional world-class benefits overs different categories including travel, dining, insurance, and many more. Following are detailed features and benefits of the HDFC Infinia Metal credit card:
- As a Welcome Benefit, HDFC gives you a complimentary Club Marriott membership for one year, as a part of which you get up to 20% off on restaurant bills for a maximum of 10 guests and 20% off on the best available rates at participating Marriott hotels in India and on Weekend Rates in the Asia Pacific with this card.
- Another Welcome Benefit that you get is 12,500 bonus Reward Points after successful realization of the joining fee.
- You get unlimited complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access (for primary as well as add-on Infinia cardholders) across the globe with the Priority Pass membership.
- If you avail of the lounge benefit under the Visa/MasterCard domestic lounge program, you get a maximum of 4 lounge visits per quarter with the HDFC Bank Infinia Card.
- You also get a 1-year membership of the Club Marriott loyalty program which entitles you to a 20% discount on the best available rates at some of the most luxurious hotels across India and on the Weekend Rates in the Asia Pacific.
- You also get a complimentary one-night stay at partner ITC hotels on booking a 2-night stay.
The complimentary Club Mariott membership that you get as Welcome Benefit entitles you to a discount of up to 20% on food and beverage bills at the participating restaurants for up to a maximum of 10 guests. Apart from this, you get plenty of other dining benefits under the Good Food Trail program which gives you a complimentary Dineout passport membership for a year. The benefits of the Dineout passport include:
- An assured discount of 25% at 200+ premium restaurants.
- 1+1 buffet at 200+ restaurants.
- 1+1 food/drinks at select restaurants.
- 1+1 buffet on weekends at participating ITC hotels.
These discounts won’t be valid on occasions like New Year’s day/eve, Christmas day/eve, and Valentine’s day.
|Accidental air death||Rs. 3 crores|
|Medical emergency cover||Up to Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Credit shield||Rs. 9 lakhs|
|Credit liability||Rs. 9 lakhs|
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
1% fuel surcharge is waived at all fuel stations across the country for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 1,00,000 (maximum waived amount capped at Rs. 1,000 per month). No RPs are earned for purchases at fuel stations.
Spend-based Renewal Fee Waiver:
The renewal fee of Rs. 12,500 is waived off if Rs. 8,00,000 were spent in the previous year. However, you don’t get the 10,000 bonus Reward Points if the annual fee is waived off.
Low Foreign Currency Markup:
The foreign currency markup for the HDFC Infinia card is 2% (plus taxes), which is much lower than the usual 3.5% for most other credit cards.
HDFC Infinia Rewards
- For every Rs. 150 spent using the Infinia HDFC card (except fuel spends), you earn 5 Reward Points.
- You earn accelerated RPs on travel and shopping spends on the SmartBuy platform (10x RPs for hotel/flight/bus ticket bookings, 5x points on rail tickets and shopping from Amazon, and 3x points on shopping from Flipkart).
- You get 2x RPs on dining spends at standalone restaurants (2x RPs capped at 1000 RPs/day, the usual rate of 5 RPs/Rs. 150 applicable thereafter).
- The reward points you earn on insurance categories are capped at 5,000 points per day.
- Transactions like EasyEMI and e-wallet reloading will not be eligible for RPs.
Being one of the best Rewards Credit Cards in the country, the Infinia metal edition card earns you Reward Points which can be redeemed against shopping vouchers, hotel bookings, and flight tickets, and can be adjusted against the card’s statement balance (as has been discussed in detail in the next section).
HDFC Infinia Reward Redemption:
- The Reward Points earned using the Infinia HDFC credit card can be redeemed on HDFC’s SmartBuy platform or via Netbanking.
- You can redeem the RPs against hotel/flight bookings, DTH recharges, etc on SmartBuy (1 RP = Re. 1). For flight/hotel bookings, only 70% of the amount can be paid in the form of reward points.
- Reward Points can also be converted into AirMiles via Netbanking (1 RP = 1 AirMile).
- You can also purchase products and vouchers via Netbanking or on SmartBuy using your RPs (1 RP = Rs. 0.50).
- Reward Points can also be redeemed against Apple and Tanishq vouchers on SmartBuy (1 RP = Re. 1).
- The RPs can also earn you cashback (i.e. can be redeemed against the statement balance of the card). The rate of redemption is however lower (1 RP = Rs. 0.30) in this case. It should be noted that for flight and hotel bookings, only 70% of the total payment can be made through the RPs.
HDFC Infinia SmartBuy
SmartBuy is a rewards portal exclusively made for HDFC bank customers where they can avail of exciting offers and deals over different categories. You get accelerated reward points on your Infinia Card when you make purchases via HDFC SmartBuy. As discussed above, you can also redeem your reward points earned using the HDFC Infinia Card on SmartBuy. Moreover, HDFC Bank keeps launching different offers on its credit/debit cards via the SmartBuy portal. To be updated on all HDFC SmartBuy offers and deals on Infinia Card, you can check this page regularly.
HDFC Infinia Metal Card Fees and Charges
Following is the detailed information about all the important fees & charges of the Infinia Credit Card:
- The annual fee of the HDFC bank Infinia Metal Card is Rs. 12,500. It can be waived off if you have spent Rs. 8 lakhs or more in the previous year.
- The interest rate charged on this credit card is 1.99% per month, i.e, 23.8% per annum, which is incredibly low as compared to a lot of other credit cards having an interest of 3.5% per month.
- The foreign currency markup fee of the HDFC Infinia Metal Edition Credit Card is 2% of the transaction amount and it is also very low. This fee is charged when you make a transaction in a different currency using your Infinia Card.
- The cash advance fee of this credit card is 2.5% of the cash amount withdrawn subject to a minimum of Rs. 500. This fee is charged when you use your card to withdraw cash.
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Eligibility
The Infinia Card is an invite-only credit card, so there are no pre-defined eligibility criteria for this card. However, there are some basic eligibility criteria that you will need to fulfill if you want to get invited for this card:
- Your age should be between 21 years and 65 years.
- You should have a stable source of income.
- You should have a very good credit history and an existing relationship with HDFC Bank.
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Limit
In general, the HDFC Infinia Metal Edition Credit Card comes with a minimum credit limit of Rs. 8-10 lakhs. However, it may vary depending on the past payment behavior, credit history, or income of individuals. The card also has the No-Pre set limit feature and to avail of it, you just need to inform the HDFC Infinia customer care and they increase your credit limit temporarily. The Infinia Card is the only HDFC credit card that comes with this unique feature of a No Pre-set credit card that allows you to spend as much as you need.
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Activation & PIN Generation
To activate your HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card or generate its PIN, you can choose any of the below-mentioned methods:
- You can generate your credit card PIN easily via internet banking. Log in to your internet banking account and find an option to generate your credit card’s PIN under the section ‘Manage Your Card.’
- Another way to generate the PIN of your Infinia Card is to do it via an ATM. Visit your nearest ATM and from the main menu, find an option to generate your credit card PIN.
- If you are unable to activate your card using any of the above two methods, you can contact HDFC Infinia customer care on call or send a mail to their official email address and they will assist you on the same.
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Bill Payment
Credit cardholders should always be aware of more than one or two methods to pay their credit card bill so that if their primary method doesn’t work, they can go with the other. To make your HDFC Infinia Credit Card bill payment, you can follow any of the methods mentioned below:
- Login to your HDFC Bank internet banking account. Under the section ‘credit card,’ click on ‘credit card payment.’ After this, you can proceed further accordingly by entering all the required details.
- Visit the HDFC Bank billdesk page, agree to the terms and conditions and click on ‘Pay.’ Enter the required details, including your HDFC Infinia Metal Card number, email id, and amount to be paid, and make the payment.
- You can also pay your HDFC Infinia Card bill via the HDFC bank mobile app. Under the section ‘Pay,’ you will have an option to pay your credit card bill.
- The mobile wallet-based apps like Paytm, PhonePe, etc, also give you an option to make your credit card bill payment. You can find the option of credit card payment on their home pages and make the payment through it.
- To make your Infinia Card bill payment offline, you can visit your nearest branch and pay the bill via cash or a cheque.
HDFC Infinia Login / Internet Banking
If you want to register your HDFC Infinia Metal Card for internet banking, the following are a few steps that you will have to follow:
- Visit the official website of the HDFC Bank.
- Scroll down and you will find an option ‘Ways to Bank.’ Under this, click on ‘Online Banking.’
- Now, under the section ‘Credit Card Net Banking,’ click on ‘Register Online.’
- Continue to fill in the required details and submit.
- You will successfully be registered for internet banking after that.
How To Block HDFC Infinia Credit Card?
If you feel that your Infinia Credit Card has been lost/stolen by someone, or some suspicious transactions are being made on it, you should get your card blocked instantly to avoid any further loss. Following are the different ways to block your HDFC Infinia Card:
- Log in to your internet banking account and go to the section ‘credit card host listing.’ You will find an option to block your credit card there. Click on that, enter the required details, reason why you want to block your card, and continue to block.
- You can also contact the HDFC Bank credit card customer care and ask them to get your Infinia Card blocked as soon as possible. You will have to provide them with a few details and the reason for blocking your card and they will block it once everything is verified.
- Another way to block your credit card is to visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch and ask the bank executives to block your credit card. This method is time-taking and hence it should be preferred only when you are not able to block your card using the above methods.
HDFC Infinia Customer Care
The HDFC Infinia Credit Card customer care service is available 24×7 including Sundays and holidays. You can contact their call centers at 61606161 or 6160616 (prefix the STD code) for any queries or report the loss of the card. You can also write and send your queries to the email id [email protected].
Cards Similar To HDFC Infinia Metal Card
|Benefits||HDFC Infinia Metal Credit Card||HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card||SBI Elite Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 12,500||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 4,999|
5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
2x RPs on dining at standalone restaurants.
5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
2x RPs on weekend dining.
2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
5x RPs on groceries, dining, and departmental stores.
1 RP = Re. 1 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings via SmaryBuy.
1 RP = Re. 0.5 for redemption against products and gift vouchers on SmartBuy.
1 RP = Re. 0.30 for redemption against cashback.
|1 Reward Point = Re. 1 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings, 1 RP = Re. 0.5 for redemption against product catalogue.||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against products and the card’s outstanding balance.|
|Additional Benefits||Unlimited complimentary access to domestic and international airport lounges. Complimentary Club Marriott membership.||
Complimentary Club Marriott, Amazon prime, and Zomato Gold membership.
Unlimited complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
Complimentary rounds of golf every quarter.
Complimentary movie tickets every month.
Complimentary domestic and international lounge access every quarter.
Get free rounds of golf every calendar month.
HDFC Bank Infinia credit card offers a plethora of benefits to its customers including lifestyle benefits like a 24×7 concierge service, complimentary access to the country’s leading golf destinations, dining and travel benefits like unlimited complimentary lounge access all around the world with the Priority Pass membership, flight/hotel bookings using Reward Points and, obviously, shopping benefit of 5 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent with the card. Considering all these benefits and privileges, it’s safe to say that this card fits the needs of almost all types of customers. Of course, since it’s a premium credit card, although the bank has not mentioned it explicitly on their terms and conditions, your net worth must be fairly high to be eligible for this card.
This was HDFC Infinia Credit Card Review from our side. What do you think of this card? We’d love to know your opinion, so feel free to leave a comment. And if you’re an existing cardholder, do let us know about your experience with the card.
The Reward Points expire after 3 years from the date of accumulation. Also, if the card is not used for 365 days, the Points are nullified.
To redeem the RPs, follow these simple steps:
- Login to your HDFC Net banking account.
- Click on the tab ‘Credit Cards.’
- Register your credit card if not already done.
- Click on the option ‘Redeem reward points’ on the left navigation bar.
- Select your card and click on continue.
- Select the required category/products and redeem your points.
You can also redeem your points on the HDFC SmartBuy portal. The monetary value of RPs varies depending upon where the points are redeemed.
No, the Club Marriott membership is offered as a Welcome Benefit at the time of joining and is valid only for a period of 1 year.
No, only the primary cardholder gets the insurance benefits.
The dedicated customer care numbers for HDFC bank Infinia Credit cardholders are: 1800 266 3310, 1800 102 3310, and 022-61717606 (available 24*7).
The HDFC bank Infinia Credit Card is an invite-only card, i.e., you can get the card only if the bank invites you for the same. Following are some key points that should be kept in mind if you want to get the card:
- You should have a long relationship with the HDFC Bank.
- You should have a high net relationship value with the bank (in the form of loans, life insurance, FDs, mutual funds, etc).
- Regular and responsible use of the existing HDFC credit card.
The joining fee of the Infinia Credit Card is Rs. 10,000 (plus applicable taxes).
The HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card comes with a credit limit of a minimum of Rs. 8 to 10 lakhs. However, the card has the NPSL (No pre-set credit limit) feature that allows you to get your credit limit increased by informing the Infinia HDFC team.
For redemption against flight bookings and hotel reservations on SmartBuy, 1 RP = Re. 1. Conversion rate of RPs to AitMiles is 1 RP = 1 AirMile. Redemption of RPs for purchasing shopping vouchers on SmartBuy or via Netbanking, 1 RP = Rs. 0.50, and if you want to use the RPs to settle your card’s statement balance, 1 RP = Rs. 0.30.
No, the HDFC Infinia Metal Card is not free. It charges an annual fee of Rs. 12,500.