The Infinia Credit Card is the most premium product offered by the HDFC bank. Recently, HDFC relaunched the Infinia Credit Card in the metallic variant (all new issuances of the card will now be on the metallic variant). It is an invite-only card. HDFC is targeting HNIs (High Net-Worth Individuals) with this card who want a luxurious lifestyle with exclusive privileges like 24*7 concierge services, access to premium golf destinations, and attractive dining benefits at some of the country’s most premium restaurant chains. All these benefits put this card in direct competition with ICICI Bank Emeralde Credit Card, Citibank Prestige Card, and Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card.
Keeping the international traveling needs of its premium customers in consideration, HDFC offers a lower foreign currency exchange rate of 2% and a complimentary membership to the Priority Pass program with this card. HDFC Infinia Metal is a Reward Points-based card: you earn 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent using this card. Although the membership fee for this card is slightly on the higher side, Rs. 12,500/annum, is most certainly worth it and it can be the card of preference for you if you’re someone who is financially stable and can not compromise with your lifestyle needs. To understand the features of this card is more detail, go through the HDFC Infinia Metal Review given in the article:
HDFC Bank INFINIA Credit Card Metal Edition
Best Suited For
Travel | Dining |
Rs. 12,500 + applicable taxes
Reward Points |
- 1 year complimentary Club Marriott membership.
- 12,500 Reward Points as an introductory benefit.
- Unlimited access to airport lounges across the globe for both primary as well as add-on cardholders.
- Get 5 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent (except fuel transactions) with your HDFC Bank Infinia Card.
- 24×7 global concierge service.
- Unlimited golf games at leading golf destinations in India and abroad.
- Low foreign currency markup of 2%.
- Dining benefits with Good Food Trail program.
- 1+1 complimentary buffet on weekends at participating ITC hotels.
- 2+1 complimentary night stay at participating ITC hotels.
- Spend-based waiver annual membership fee.
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge waived at all fuel stations.
Rewards and Benefits
Welcome bonus of 12,500 Reward Points and complimentary Club Marriott membership for the first year.
Movie & Dining
Exclusive dining privileges with the Good Food Trail Program and free Club Marriott membership, 1 + 1 complimentary buffet at ITC hotels.
5 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 150, reward rate of up to 3.3%
RPs can be redeemed for flight and hotel bookings via SmartBuy (1 RP = Re. 1), Airmiles through net banking (1 RP = 1 Airmile), products and vouchers via net banking or SmartBuy (1 RP = Rs. 0.50), Apple and Tanishq vouchers (1 RP = Re. 1) cashback (1 RP = Rs. 0.30)
Complimentary Priority Pass membership with unlimited free access to airport lounges and with Infinia Credit Card Lounge Access Program along with complimentary Club Marriott membership for 1 year, complimentary 2 + 1 night stay at several premium ITC hotels
Unlimited complimentary golf games at leading golf courses across India and abroad
Domestic Lounge Access
Unlimited complimentary access to domestic lounges with the Priority Pass membership for primary as well as add-on Infinia cardholders, unlimited free domestic lounge visits per quarter with Visa/MasterCard domestic lounge program
International Lounge Access
Unlimited free access to international lounges across the globe for the primary cardmember and all add-on cardholders.
Insurance cover worth Rs. 3 crore against accidental air death (applicable only in case of death due to an air accident), a cover worth Rs. 50 lakh against medical emergencies during international air travel, Credit shield cover worth Rs. 9 lakh (the outstanding amount on the card is covered in case of accidental death or permanent disability of the primary cardholder).
Zero Liability Protection
In case the card is lost, if you report the same within 24 hours, you have zero cost liability on any fraudulent transaction made with your credit card. Bank not liable for any fraudulent transaction made prior to the time of reporting.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 12,500 + applicable taxes
Rs. 12,500 + applicable taxes
Spend based Waiver
Get renewal fee waived by spending Rs. 10 lakh in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
2% of the total transaction amount + taxes
1.99% per month or 23.8% annualized
1% fuel surcharge waiver up to Rs. 1,000 each month
Cash Advance Charge
NIL (Interests charges applicable)
Add-on Card Fee
HDFC Infinia Credit Card – Key Highlights
The following are a few of the most important points related to the features of the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card:
|Best Suited For||Rewards and Travel|
|Joining/Annual Fee||Rs. 12,500|
|Reward Rate||5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150|
|Travel Benefits||Unlimited complimentary airport lounge access|
|Eligibility Criteria||Invite-only card|
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Metal Edition Features and Benefits
The Infinia Card issued by the HDFC Bank is the most premium and exclusive card offered by the issuer. This credit card offers some exceptional world-class privileges over different categories including dining, travel, insurance, and many more. Following are detailed information about the features and benefits of the HDFC Infinia Metal credit card:
- As a Welcome gift, HDFC gives you a complimentary Club Marriott membership for one year, as a part of which you get up to 20% off on restaurant bills for a maximum of 10 guests and 20% off on the best available rates at participating Marriott hotels in India and on Weekend Rates in the Asia Pacific with this card.
- Another Welcome Benefit that you get is 12,500 bonus Reward Points after successful payment of the joining fee.
|Airport Lounge Access||
Get unlimited complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access (for primary as well as add-on Infinia cardholders) across the globe with the Priority Pass membership. In order to avail the complimentary lounge access, always carry your Priority pass card with yourself and show the same to the lounge staff. Also, do note that that the guests visits under the Priority Pass will be charged at USD 27 (plus applicable taxes) per visit and per guest.
If you avail the lounge benefit under the Infinia Credit Card Lounge Access Program, you get an unlimited complimentary lounge access. (A transaction fee of Rs. 2 will be charged for Visa cardholders)
|Club Marriott Membership||You also get a 1-year membership of the Club Marriott loyalty program which entitles you to a 20% discount on the best available rates at some of the most luxurious hotels across India and on the Weekend Rates in the Asia Pacific.|
|ITC Hotels Complimentary Stay Benefits||Get a complimentary one-night stay at partner ITC hotels on booking a 2-night stay. Stay for 3-nights and pay for only 2 at participating ITC Hotels with the HDFC Bank Infinia credit card.This offer is only applicable in advance booking, in order to avail this offer, Visit here.|
The Smartbuy portal of the HDFC Bank allows the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Cardholders to book flights using the Reward points they have earned on their credit card. The value of 1 Reward Point for redemption against the flight booking is Re. 1. Other than this, you can get also get exciting discounts and deals.
Club Mariott membership:
Enjoy complimentary Club Mariott membership which you get as welcome Benefit for the first year with the INFINIA Credit Card Metal Edition. With this you are entitled to enjoy the following privileges:
- Get up to 20% off on Food & Beverage bills at top restaurants.
- Get up to 15% at select hotels for a maximum of 10 guests.
- Enjoy 20% off on the Best Available Rates on rooms at participating Marriott hotels in India and on Weekend Rates in Asia Pacific.
- Get 20% off on Spa services at select participating Marriott hotels in India between Monday and Friday.
- Apply for the membership with Club Marriott South Asia App, where you can enter the Membership Number and verify your Mobile Number and Email to create your login credentials. Then, unlock your Membership to access a range of benefits at Marriott hotels.
Good Food Trail Program:
Enjoy plenty of other dining benefits under the Good Food Trail program which gives you a complimentary Dineout passport membership for a year. The benefits of the Dineout passport include:
- An assured discount of 25% at 2000+ premium restaurants.
- 1+1 buffet at 200+ restaurants.
- 1+1 food/drinks at select restaurants.
These discounts won’t be valid on occasions like New Year’s day/eve, Christmas day/eve, and Valentine’s day. Also the benefits under the Dineout passport membership are available for the primary cardholder only. You can avail these offers with the Dineout app, and inform the restaurant about the membership and then avail the discounts by paying the bill.
ITC Complimentary Buffet:
Enjoy exclusive offers on Travel and Dining with ITC Hotels on the HDFC Bank INFINIA Credit Card.
- Get 1+1 complimentary weekday buffet at participating ITC Hotels with the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card. Do note that this offer is applicable only for weekday buffet and is valid till 31st July 2022 (one complimentary buffet per booking and one booking per month). To avail this offer Call HDFC INFINIA 24×7 concierge services, and book your reservation.
- Get 1+1 complimentary weekend buffet at participating ITC Hotels with thenHDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card. Do note that this offer is applicable only for weekdays (one complimentary buffet per booking and one booking per month). To avail this offer Call HDFC INFINIA 24×7 concierge services, and book your reservation.
With INFINIA Credit Card you are entitled to enjoy unlimited Complimentary golf games at leading courses across India and select courses across the world.
Each golf lesson will span a minimum of 30 minutes and will include:
• Green Fees to access the golf course or driving range.
• Cost of instructor’s fees
• Range golf balls at 50 golf balls per lesson.
Also, enjoy the benefit of Unlimited complimentary Golf coaching at select golf courses across India. In order to avail this benefit you need to book your slot through HDFC INFINIA 24×7 concierge services.
|Accidental air death||Rs. 3 crores|
|Medical emergency cover||Up to Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Credit shield||Rs. 9 lakhs|
|Credit liability||Rs. 9 lakhs|
For more information about the insurance benefits of this card, visit the HDFC Bank’s website. All the benefits mentioned above can be availed only after fulfilling the terms and conditions levied by the HDFC Bank, read all terms and conditions carefully.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
1% fuel surcharge is waived on all fuel purchases between Rs. 400 and Rs. 1,00,000 at all fuel stations across the country (maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 1,000 every month) done with the HDFC Bank Infinia credit card. Do note that, no RPs can be earned for any purchases at fuel stations.
Spend-based Renewal Fee Waiver:
The renewal fee of Rs. 12,500 is waived for your card if Rs. 10,00,000 have been spent in the previous year. However, you don’t get the 10,000 bonus Reward Points if the renewal fee is waived off.
HDFC Infinia Concierge Services
The HDFC Infinia Credit Card also offers 24*7 concierge services, some of which are as follows:
- Golf Booking
- Private dining assistance
- Airport VIP service
- Itinerary planning and reservation assistance
- International gift delivery
- Event planning and referrals
Low Foreign Currency Markup:
The foreign currency markup for the HDFC Infinia card is 2% (plus taxes), which is much less than the general 3.5% for most other credit cards.
HDFC Infinia Rewards
- For every Rs. 150 spent using the Infinia HDFC card (except fuel spends), you earn 5 Reward Points.
- You earn accelerated RPs on travel and shopping spends on the SmartBuy platform (10x RPs for bus/hotel/flight booking through Cleartrip and EasemyTrip, Redbus and on Apple Imagine and 3x points on Flipkart shopping and on Rail Tickets).
- The accelerated Rewards that you can earn with Infinia are capped at 15,000 points per month.
- Transactions like EasyEMI and e-wallet reloading will not be eligible for RPs.
Being one of the best Rewards Credit Cards in the country, the Infinia metal edition card earns you Reward Points which can be used to buy shopping vouchers, hotel bookings, and flight tickets, and can be adjusted against the card’s statement balance (as has been discussed in detail in the next section).
HDFC Infinia Reward Redemption:
- The Rewards earned using the Infinia HDFC credit card are redeemable on HDFC’s SmartBuy platform or via Netbanking.
- You can redeem the RPs against hotel/flight bookings, DTH recharges, etc on SmartBuy (1 RP = Re. 1).
- Reward Points can also be converted into AirMiles via Netbanking (1 RP = 1 AirMile).
- You can also purchase products and vouchers via Netbanking or on SmartBuy using your RPs (1 RP = Rs. 0.50).
- Reward Points can also be redeemed against Tanishq and Apple vouchers on SmartBuy (1 RP = Re. 1).
- The RPs can also earn you cashback (i.e. can be redeemed against the statement balance of the card). The rate of redemption is however lower (1 RP = Rs. 0.30) in this case. It should be noted that for flight and hotel bookings and Apple and Tanishq vouchers, only 70% of the total payment can be made through the RPs.
HDFC Infinia SmartBuy
SmartBuy is a rewards portal exclusively made for HDFC bank customers where they can avail of exciting offers and deals over different categories. You get accelerated reward points on your Infinia Card when you make purchases via HDFC SmartBuy. As discussed above, you can also redeem your reward points earned using the HDFC Infinia Card on SmartBuy. Moreover, HDFC Bank keeps launching different offers on its credit/debit cards via the SmartBuy portal. To be updated on all HDFC SmartBuy offers and deals on Infinia Card, you can check this page regularly.
HDFC Infinia Metal Card Fees and Charges
The fees and charges associated with the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card are as follows:
- Joining Fee: HDFC Bank charges Rs. 12,500 (plus applicable taxes) as the joining fees for the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card.
- Annual Fee: HDFC Bank charges an annual membership fee of Rs. 12,500 (plus applicable taxes) for HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card.
- Interest Rate: An interest of 1.99% per month (23.8% annually), which is only applicable on the due amount. This is incredibly low as compared to a lot of other credit cards having an interest of 3.5% per month.
- Forex Mark-up Fee: The foreign currency markup fee of the HDFC Infinia Metal Edition Credit Card is 2% of the transaction amount and it is also very low. This fee is applicable when you transact in a different currency using your Infinia Card.
- Cash Advance Charges: The cash advance fee for the Infinia credit card is completely NIL (But the Interest rates are still applicable).
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Eligibility
The Infinia Card is an invite-only credit card, so there are no pre-defined eligibility criteria for this card. However, there are a few basic eligibility requirements that you will need to fulfill if you want to get invited for this card:
- Your age should be above 21 years and below 65 years.
- You should have a stable source of monthly income.
- You should have a very good credit history and an existing relationship with HDFC Bank.
Who Can Get Approved For HDFC Infinia Credit Card Metal Edition?
One can get invited for the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card if they already have an HDFC Credit Card, which they have used responsibly with no payment defaults. Other requirements for this card are: an excellent credit score, a high annual income, etc. You should be informed that you can not apply for this credit card, but HDFC Bank itself invites you for this card.
What Are The Documents Needed For HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card?
As the Infinia Credit Card is only offered to those who are already HDFC Bank customers so there is not a lengthy process of documentation. The documents that might be required for the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card are mentioned below:
- Your latest salary slips (for salaried people) or the latest audited ITR (self-employed people).
- Updated address proof (if the address has changed).
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Limit
In general, the HDFC Infinia Metal Edition Credit Card comes with a minimum credit limit of Rs. 8 lakhs. However, it may vary depending on the past payment behavior, credit history, or income of individuals. The card also has the No-Pre set limit feature and to avail of it, you just need to inform the HDFC Infinia customer care and they increase your credit limit temporarily. The Infinia Card is the only HDFC credit card that comes with this unique feature of a No Pre-set credit card that allows you to spend as much as you need.
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Activation & PIN Generation
To activate the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card or to generate its PIN, you can choose any of the below-mentioned methods:
- You can generate your credit card PIN easily via internet banking. Log in to your HDFC net banking account and find an option to generate/change your credit card’s PIN under the section ‘Manage Your Card.’
- Another way to generate the PIN of your Infinia Card is to do it via an ATM. Visit the ATM nearest to you and from the main menu, find an option to generate the PIN of your card.
- If you are unable to activate your card using any of the aforemetioned methods, you can contact HDFC Infinia customer care on call or send a mail to their official email address and they will help you on the same.
HDFC Infinia Credit Card Bill Payment
Credit cardholders should always be aware of more than one or two methods to pay their credit card bill so that if their primary method doesn’t work, they can go with the other. To make your HDFC Infinia Credit Card bill payment, you can follow any of the methods mentioned below:
- Login to your HDFC Bank internet banking account. Under the section ‘credit card,’ click on ‘credit card payment.’ After this, you can proceed further accordingly by entering all the required details.
- Visit the HDFC Bank billdesk page, agree to the terms & conditions and then click on ‘Pay.’ Enter the required details, including your HDFC Infinia Metal Card number, email id, and amount to be paid, and make the payment.
- You can also pay your HDFC Infinia Card bill via the HDFC bank mobile app. Under the section ‘Pay,’ you will have an option to pay your credit card bill.
- The mobile wallet-based apps like Paytm, PhonePe, etc, also give you an option to make the bill payment of your credit card. You can find the option of credit card payment on their home pages and make the payment through it.
- To make your Infinia Card bill payment offline, you can visit your nearest branch and pay the bill via cash or a cheque.
HDFC Infinia Login / Internet Banking
If you want to register your HDFC Infinia Metal Card for internet banking, the following are a few steps that you can follow:
- Visit the official website of the HDFC Bank.
- Scroll down and you will find an option ‘Ways to Bank.’ Under this, click on ‘Online Banking.’
- Now, under the section ‘Credit Card Net Banking,’ click on ‘Register Online.’
- Continue to fill in the required details and submit.
- You will successfully be registered for internet banking after that.
How To Block HDFC Infinia Credit Card?
If you feel that your Infinia Credit Card has been lost/stolen by someone, or some suspicious transactions are being made on it, you should get your card blocked instantly to avoid any further loss. Following are the different ways to block your HDFC Infinia Card:
- Log in to your HDFC Bank net banking account and go to the section ‘credit card host listing.’ You will find an option to block your credit card there. Click on that, enter the required details, reason why you want to block your card, and continue to block.
- You can also call the HDFC Bank credit card customer care and ask the officials to get your Infinia Card blocked as soon as possible. You will have to provide them with a few details and the reason for blocking your card and they will block it once everything is verified.
- Another way to block your credit card is to visit the nearest HDFC Bank branch and ask the bank executives to block your credit card. This method is time-taking and hence it should be preferred only when you are not able to block your card using the above methods.
HDFC Infinia Customer Care
The HDFC Infinia Credit Card customer care service is available 24×7 including Sundays and holidays. You can contact their call centers at 61606161 or 6160616 (prefix the STD code) for any queries or report the loss of the card. You can also write and send your queries to the email id [email protected].
Cards Similar To HDFC Infinia Metal Card
|Benefits||HDFC Infinia Metal Credit Card||HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card||SBI Elite Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 12,500||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 4,999|
5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
2x RPs on dining at standalone restaurants.
5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
2x RPs on weekend dining.
2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
5x RPs on groceries, dining, and departmental stores.
1 RP = Re. 1 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings via SmaryBuy.
1 RP = Re. 0.5 for redemption against products and gift vouchers on SmartBuy.
1 RP = Re. 0.30 for redemption against cashback.
|1 Reward Point = Re. 1 for redemption against flight/hotel bookings, 1 RP = Re. 0.5 for redemption against product catalogue.||1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25 for redemption against products and the card’s outstanding balance.|
Complimentary Club Marriott membership.
Unlimited complimentary access to domestic and international airport lounges.
Unlimited Complimentary golf games at leading courses across India and select courses across the world.
Complimentary Club Marriott, Amazon prime, and Zomato Gold membership.
Unlimited complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
Complimentary rounds of golf every quarter.
Complimentary movie tickets every month.
Complimentary domestic and international lounge access every quarter.
Get free rounds of golf every calendar month.
HDFC Bank Infinia credit card offers a plethora of benefits to its customers including lifestyle benefits like a 24×7 concierge service, complimentary access to the country’s leading golf destinations, dining and travel benefits like unlimited complimentary lounge access all around the world with the Priority Pass membership, flight/hotel bookings using Reward Points and, obviously, shopping benefit of 5 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent with the card. Considering all these benefits and privileges, it’s safe to say that this card fits the needs of almost all types of customers. Of course, since it’s a premium credit card, although the bank has not mentioned it explicitly on their terms and conditions, your net worth must be fairly high to be eligible for this card.
This was HDFC Infinia Credit Card Review from our side. What do you think of this card? We’d love to know your opinion, so feel free to leave a comment. And if you’re an existing cardholder, do let us know about your experience with the card.
The Reward Points expire after 3 years from the date of accumulation. Also, if the card is not used for 365 days, the Points are nullified.
To redeem the RPs, follow these simple steps:
- Login to your HDFC Net banking account.
- Click on the tab ‘Credit Cards.’
- Register your credit card if not already done.
- Click on the option ‘Redeem reward points’ on the left navigation bar.
- Select your card and click on continue.
- Select the required category/products and redeem your points.
You can also redeem your points on the HDFC SmartBuy portal. The monetary value of RPs varies depending upon where the points are redeemed.
No, the Club Marriott membership is offered as a Welcome Benefit at the time of joining and is valid only for a period of 1 year.
No, only the primary cardholder gets the insurance benefits.
The dedicated customer care numbers for HDFC bank Infinia Credit cardholders are: 1800 266 3310, 1800 102 3310, and 022-61717606 (available 24*7).
The HDFC bank Infinia Credit Card is an invite-only card, i.e., you can get the card only if the bank invites you for the same. Following are some key points that should be kept in mind if you want to get the card:
- You should have a long relationship with the HDFC Bank.
- You should have a high net relationship value with the bank (in the form of loans, life insurance, FDs, mutual funds, etc).
- Regular and responsible use of the existing HDFC credit card.
The joining fee of the Infinia Credit Card is Rs. 12,500 (plus applicable taxes).
The HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card comes with a credit limit of a minimum of Rs. 8 to 10 lakhs. However, the card has the NPSL (No pre-set credit limit) feature that allows you to get your credit limit increased by informing the Infinia HDFC team.
For redemption against flight bookings and hotel reservations on SmartBuy, 1 RP = Re. 1. Conversion rate of RPs to AitMiles is 1 RP = 1 AirMile. Redemption of RPs for purchasing shopping vouchers on SmartBuy or via Netbanking, 1 RP = Rs. 0.50, and if you want to use the RPs to settle your card’s statement balance, 1 RP = Rs. 0.30.
No, the HDFC Infinia Metal Card is not free. It charges an annual fee of Rs. 12,500.