Citibank Prestige Credit Card and Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card offered by Citi Bank are travel credit cards that are best suitable for people who are frequent fliers, whether domestic or international. While the Citibank Prestige Credit Card is designed for the high net worth individuals of the society, who travel quite frequently, by providing them with the best-in-class travel services like complimentary night stay at any hotel around the world, unlimited access to national and international lounges around the world through Priority Pass, etc. Not only these, but this card also lets the card members enjoy golf rounds. In addition to all this, cardholders also get rewarded for all their domestic and international spends done with their credit card. This card comes with a quite high joining fee of Rs. 20,000 but is quite justified with respect to the luxurious benefits that this card provides to its members.
The second credit card by Citi Bank, i.e., the Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card is also a travel credit card but is best suitable for those who are frequent domestic travelers as this card provides benefits like access to lounges within India. This card also provides you with reward points while you spend using your credit card and accelerated reward points while you spend on airline transactions. You can also enjoy discounts on your dining bills while you dine at the partnered restaurants and pay using this card. The rewards points earned with this credit card are credited to your account in the form of Miles which can be redeemed for various options available.
Both the credit cards by Citi Bank provide benefits to its members on the basis of their spends and travel. Apart from travel benefits, these cards also provide you with other benefits while you make transactions using these credit cards. Keep reading the article to know more about the features and benefits that the individual card provides in detail:-
Citibank Prestige Credit Card
Citibank Prestige Credit Card by Citi Bank is a super premium travel credit card that has been specially curated for the elite section of society who love to travel in style and luxurious manner. This card provides you with a welcome benefit in the form of bonus reward points. Additionally, you also earn reward points on all your international and domestic spends using this credit card. Following are the details of all the features and benefits of owning this credit card –
- The cardholder gets the following as a welcome benefit to this credit card –
– 2,500 bonus reward points
– The cardholders may either get a single voucher worth Rs. 10,000 from the Taj Group or might get 4 vouchers amounting to Rs. 2,500 each from the ITC Hotels.
- The vouchers can also be used to make partial payments and the welcome benefit vouchers will be credited to your account within 60 days from the date of the first transaction made using this credit card.
- The cardholders will get 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on domestic spends made using this credit card.
- Accelerated 2x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all international transactions.
- With complimentary Priority Pass membership, the cardholders and the add-on cardholders get unlimited access to domestic as well as international lounges.
- The cardholders will get an extra night’s stay at any hotel around the world on a minimum booking of 4 nights at the hotel. This will be applicable if the cardholder is making a booking through Citi Bank’s concierge service.
- You get a complimentary Taj Epicure Plus Plan and InnerCircle Silver Membership.
- With this credit card, the cardholders get to enjoy 4 complimentary golf rounds and 4 golf lessons each every year at 15 premium golf destinations in India.
- The cardholder can get additional golf lessons for every Rs. 50,000 spend using this credit card.
- You will also get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all fuel stations in India.
- The rewards earned with the Citibank Prestige Credit Card can be redeemed for purchasing gift vouchers of renowned brands and electronic items available in the Citi Prestige Reward Catalog.
- The reward points can also be transferred to the partnered airlines’ frequent flyer program as AirMiles. The partnered airlines include – Air India, Eva Air, Singapore Airlines, British Airways InterMiles, Cathay Pacific Malaysia Airlines, Etihad Airways, Virgin Atlantic Thai Airways, Qantas Flying Blue (Air France and KLM), and Qatar Airways Turkish Airlines. For redemption purposes, 1 Reward Point = 4 AirMiles
- The reward points can also be transferred to the partnered hotel loyalty programs which include IHG Rewards Club and Taj InnerCircle. Here, 1 Reward Point = 4 IHG Points and 1 Reward Point = 1 Taj InnerCircle.
- The reward points can also be redeemed for shopping via SMS and can be used to pay the card’s outstanding balance.
Check here: Citi Prestige Credit Card Review
Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
The Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card is a travel credit card that is particularly designed for people who are very frequent domestic travelers. The rewards earned with this credit card are credited to your account in the form of AirMiles which can be redeemed for either booking flight tickets of the partnered airlines or can be redeemed for various products as well. As this card is a travel credit card, you get accelerated miles while you spend on airline transactions using this credit card. You also get access to visit the domestic lounges on the basis of the card variant you own. This card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 3,000 but in return offers exclusive travel deals and other benefits to the cardholders. Keep reading the article to know more about the features and benefits of this credit card in detail: –
- As a welcome benefit, the cardholder gets 10,000 Miles once you have successfully paid the joining fee of the Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card. You also get 3,000 Miles every year on the renewal of the credit card.
- The cardholders get 4 miles for every Rs. 100 spent on all transactions using their credit card.
- You get accelerated 10 Miles for every Rs. 100 spent on all airline transactions and while spending on premiermiles.co.in.
- With this credit card, the cardholders can enjoy authentic cuisines by getting a 20% off on their dining bills while dining out at the partnered restaurants.
- The cardholders who own the Visa variant of this credit card will get 8 complimentary domestic lounge access in a quarter and those who own the Mastercard variant will get 6 complimentary domestic lounge access in a quarter.
- The cardholders are entitled to a 1 % fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations in India.
- The miles earned with this credit card can be redeemed against a variety of options.
|Redemption Category||Value of 1 Mile|
|Travel-related categories (Yatra, MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, Premiermiles, Indigo)||Rs. 0.45|
|Fuel at Indian Oil Outlets||Rs. 0.35|
|Retail (ShoppersStop, Westside)||Rs. 0.30|
|Utility (Vodafone, BookMyShow)||Rs. 0.30|
|AirMile/ InterMile/ Taj InnerCircle (TIC)||0.5 partner airmile/ TIC point|
|Other Categories||Rs. 0.20|
- The Miles earned can also be transferred to partner airlines and hotel loyalty programs.
Check here: Citi Premiermiles Credit Card Review
Now that we have discussed the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between The Citibank Prestige Credit Card and The Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card-
|Basis||Citibank Prestige Credit Card||Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
|Dining and Movie Benefits||
|Domestic Lounge Access||
|International Lounge Access||
Both these cards are basic travel credit cards that are best suitable for people who travel quite frequently, whether domestically or internationally. While the Citibank Prestige Credit Card is a premium credit card, it comes with a quite high annual fee of Rs. 20,000. But if an individual is comfortable with paying this annual fee, this credit card is one of the best travel credit cards as you get excellent AirMiles while you transfer the reward points to partnered airlines AirMiles’ program. Apart from this, you also get amazing benefits with this credit card like unlimited access to the domestic and international airport lounges, complimentary golf lessons, an extra night’s stay at the hotel, and much more.
On the other hand, the Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card is also a travel card placed at a joining fee of Rs. 3,000 but more suitable for those who travel within the country. This card lets you earn higher reward points when you spend on airline transactions using this credit card. Along with this, you also get a discount on your dining bills while you dine at the partnered restaurants. Both cards provide unmatched benefits in their individual categories but are placed at high joining and renewal fees. The customers will have to choose among the two on the basis of their travel frequencies and consider other benefits of the cards as well.