Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card is one of the best offerings in the credit card market of India in the travel category. If you’re a frequent flier (particularly a frequent domestic flier), you can not go wrong with this card. It is a reward points-based card, you earn reward points as AirMiles (or just Miles). Although these Miles can be redeemed for multiple shopping purposes, you get more value on redemption against flight/hotel bookings with partner airlines/hotel chains or on Citibank’s PremierMiles portal. These Miles can also be transferred to other airlines/hotel loyalty programs. Citibank gives you 10,000 Miles as a signup benefit and 3000 Miles every year when your card membership is renewed.
You earn 10 Miles for every Rs. 100 spent on flight bookings or on the bank’s PremierMiles portal. All other transactions earn you 4 Miles per Rs. 100 spent. Other travel benefits include 32 domestic lounge visits every year with the Visa Signature variant and 24 domestic lounge visits per year with the MasterCard variant. However, you don’t get any international lounge access with this credit card. Read on to learn more about Citi PremierMiles Credit Card.
Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Up to 20% discount on dining bills at partner restaurants.
10 Miles/Rs. 100 spent for airline transactions and 4 Miles/Rs. 100 spent for all other transactions. No Miles earned on certain spends categories (details below).
1 Mile = 0.5 AirMile for partner airlines, 1 Mile = Re. 0.45 for travel related categories, 1 Mile = Re. 0.30 for utility, fuel and retail categories, and 1 Mile = Re. 0.20 for other categories.
Miles earned can be used to make travel bookings or transfer to various hotel/flight loyalty programs, complimentary domestic airport lounge access
Domestic Lounge Access
6 domestic lounge access/quarter with MasterCard variant. 8 domestic lounge access/quarter with Visa Signature variant.
International Lounge Access
Personal air accident cover worth Rs. 1,00,00,000.
Zero Liability Protection
Zero liability protection (limited to Rs. 10 lacs) against fraudulent usage up to 2 days prior to the card block date.
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.75% per month (or 45% per annum)
1% fuel surcharge reversed at authorized Indian Oil refill stations
Cash Advance Charges
2% or the amount withdrawn, subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 300
Add-on Card Fee
- 10,000 Miles as a Welcome Benefit on the expenditure of Rs. 1000 or more using Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card within 60 days of issuance of the card.
- 3,000 Miles every time the card membership is renewed.
- 10 Miles for every Rs. 100 spent on airline transactions or on the bank’s Premier Miles portal with Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card.
- 4 Miles/Rs. 100 spent for all other expenditures.
- Miles redeemable on 100+ Airlines and transferable to other partner airlines/hotel loyalty programs.
- Domestic lounge access at select airports across India.
- Up to 20 % discount on bills at partner restaurants.
Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card Features and Benefits
Being one of the popular travel credit cards in India, Citi PremierMiles Card provides its customers with exclusive travel privileges and several other benefits across different categories. To understand all its features and benefits in detail, refer to the points given below:
You get 10,000 Miles as a welcome benefit with the Citi PremierMiles Card and 3,000 Miles every year your membership is renewed.
- You get 8 complimentary domestic lounge access per quarter (applicable for the Visa Signature variant) or 6 domestic lounge access per quarter (applicable for Mastercard variant).
- The Miles you earn, as mentioned earlier, can be redeemed for flight bookings on the official airline website or for airline counter bookings. The Miles can also be transferred to partner Airlines’ and hotel loyalty programs.
- In case you are a member of an airline’s frequent flyer program, you get double benefit- you earn the PremierMiles on top of the regular AirMiles that you earn being a member of the frequent flyer program.
You can avail up to 20% discount on your dining bills at select partner restaurants.
- Citibank offers personal accident insurance worth Rs. 1 crore in partnership with The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
- You also get a lost card liability cover worth Rs. 10 lakhs.
- This accidental insurance is applicable only in case of loss of life due to an air accident. Only the primary cardholder is covered under this insurance, add-on cardholders do not get the insurance benefit.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
1% fuel surcharge is applicable on all payments made at fuel stations across India. This charge is however reversed for transactions at authorized Indian Oil fuel stations.
Citibank PremierMiles Rewards
- You get 10 Miles on every Rs. 100 spent on airline transactions and on http://www.premiermiles.co.in.
- You earn 4 Miles on every Rs. 100 spent elsewhere.
- No Miles are earned on the following spends categories- utilities, insurance, educational institutions, government institutions and transportation and tolls.
- It is worth noting that Citibank Miles have a lifelong validity and can be redeemed whenever you like as per your needs. Also, there is no concept of blackout days with Citibank Miles. So whether it’s 31st December or 14th Feb, you can still manage a discount.
This card rewards its customers in the form of miles, which are redeemable against a lot of categories. The following table will make you understand where can you redeem your earned miles:
|Redemption Category||Value of 1 Mile|
|Fuel at Indian Oil outlets||Re. 0.30|
|Travel-related categories (Yatra, MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, Premiermiles, Indigo)||Re. 0.45|
Utility (Vodafone, BookMyShow)
Retail (ShoppersStop, Westside)
|Other categories||Re. 0.20|
|AirMile/InterMile/Taj InncerCircle (TIC)||0.5 partner airmile/TIC Point|
*Partner airlines include: Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Thai Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Eva Air, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, and Air India.
Citibank PremierMiles Card Eligibility Criteria
In order to get approved for the Citibank Premiles Credit Card, the applicants need to fulfill some eligibility requirements and some of the basic requirements are as follows:
- The age of the applicant should be between 23 years and 70 years.
- The applicant should either be salaried or self-employed with a good annual income.
- The applicant should have a good credit score.
Other than fulfilling the required eligibility criteria, you will also need to make sure that you have all the required documents. All you need to apply for this card is identity proof, an address proof (like Aadhar card, Voter card, driving license, etc.), and proof of income: the latest two salary slips (for salaried applicants) or the latest ITR with audited income computation (for self-employed applicants).
How to apply for Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
Just like any other Citibank credit card, you can apply for the PremierMiles card online on the bank’s official website. Just enter all the required details carefully and upload all the documents. If you want to apply offline, you can visit your nearest Citibank branch and apply for the card by filling in the physical application form. Just make sure to carry all the important documents with you.
Citi PremierMiles Credit Card Customer Care
For any assistance or to report the loss of a card, you can dial Citibank’s 24×7 customer care helpline (CityPhone) at 1860 210 2484. It should be noted that only emergency services are available 24×7 on the CitiPhone helpline, for all other services, the timings are 9 AM – 7 PM (Monday – Saturday).
Considering all the benefits and offers available on the Citibank PremierMiles Card, it would be fair to conclude that there is perhaps no other card that can provide as much value to domestic frequent fliers. Apart from the co-branded cards like Axis bank’s Vistara cards, there are few options in the travel category in the Indian market. The only card that can be considered its competitor is Axis bank’s Miles and More card, which has lower miles earning rate and comes with a slightly higher annual fee. Another factor that makes this card so lucrative to frequent travelers is that the Miles earned never expire and there are no blackout days. This was out Citibank PremierMiles Card review. If you have any queries, feel free to comment, we’ll be more than happy to address your queries, and if you’re an existing cardholder, do let us know about your experience with the card.
The Miles that you earn on the Citibank PremierMiles credit card have no expiry date. You can use the miles whenever you like.
No. The miles earned on the PremierMiles credit card can be redeemed only on airline ticket bookings on one of the partner airline’s official websites, bookings made on the airline counter, or on Citibank’s Premier Miles online portal. You can also transfer your Miles to partner airlines/hotel loyalty programs.
Most credit card companies have a concept of blackout days. These are dates like 31st Dec or 14th Feb, when the demand for air tickets is very high. On such occasions, the travel rewards (like AirMiles) can not be redeemed and you have to pay for your air ticket in full. However, Citibank PremierMiles can be redeemed on any day. There is no concept of blackout days here.
No. On transfer of Miles, 1 PremierMile will be considered equivalent to 0.5 partner airline’s AirMile.
Cardholders with the Visa Signature variant get 8 domestic lounge access per quarter and the ones with the MasterCard variant get 6 domestic lounge access per quarter. No international lounge access benefit is available with this card.