Citi Prestige Credit Card is a super premium travel and lifestyle credit card by Citibank. Although it does offer very good reward rates on retail purchases, we still consider it majorly a travel credit card targeted at high net-worth frequent fliers as the reward redemption rate is the highest on transferring the reward points to partner airlines’ AirMiles programs (1 Reward Point = 4 AirMiles). On top of that you also get a host of other travel benefits; whether it is the welcome gift from the Taj group and ITC hotels or the complimentary extra night stay at any hotel around the world, the travel benefits that the Citi Prestige credit card offers are simply unparalleled.
You also get a complimentary Priority Pass membership with unlimited domestic and international lounge access around the world for both primary and addon card holders. Read on to know more about this credit card.
Citibank Prestige Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Up to 50% off on movie ticket bookings on BookMyShow.
1 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 on domestic spends, 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 on international spends.
1 Reward Point = Re. 1, 1 RP = 4 Airmiles for redemption against airmiles, 1 RP = 1 Taj InnerCircle point and 1 reward point = 4 IHG points.
Unlimited complimentary airport lounge access worldwide through the Priority Pass, a complimentary extra night at any hotel around the world (for min. 4 nights stay).
4 complimentary rounds and lessons of golf annually at over 15 golf destinations in India, and an additional golf lesson for every Rs. 50,000 spent.
Domestic Lounge Access
Unlimited with Priority Pass (for primary and add-on cardholders)
International Lounge Access
Unlimited with Priority Pass (for primary and add-on cardholders)
Air accident cover worth Rs. 5 crore, lost card protection worth Rs. 10,o00,000, overseas medical insurance worth USD 50,000.
Zero Liability Protection
Protection worth Rs. 10,00,000 from 96 hours prior to 48 hours post the reporting the loss of card.
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% (plus applicable taxes)
3.75% per month or 45% annually
1% fuel surcharge waived at authorised Indian Oil outlets.
Cash Advance Charges
2% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum amount of Rs. 300.
Add-on Card Fee
- Welcome benefit of 2,500 bonus reward points at the time of joining.
- An annual benefit worth Rs. 10,000 from Taj group / ITC hotels every year.
- 1 reward point for every Rs. 100 on domestic spends.
- 2x reward points on international spends.
- Reward points redeemable for gift vouchers and gadgets, transferable to frequent flyer points, hotel loyalty programs, and many more categories.
- Complimentary Taj Epicure and Taj InnerCircle membership.
- Unlimited airport lounge access around the world with Priority Pass for primary as well as add-on card members.
- Citi concierge service for day-to-day tasks.
- Overseas medical insurance cover worth USD 50,000.
- Lost card protection worth Rs. 10 lakh.
Citi Prestige Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Prestige Credit Card offered by Citibank is a super-premium card that comes with exclusive advantages across different categories, including travel, lifestyle, rewards, and many more. The following are the detailed features and benefits of this credit card:
- 2,500 bonus reward points.
- Vouchers worth Rs. 10,000 from the Taj group (single gift voucher worth Rs. 10,000) or ITC hotels (4 gift vouchers worth Rs. 2,500).
- The vouchers can also be used for partial payments.
- Welcome benefits are posted within 60 days from the date of the first transaction made using the card.
- The cardholders get these benefits every year on card renewal.
You get a host of travel benefits with this credit card including-
- Complimentary Priority Pass membership with unlimited domestic & international lounge access for primary as well as add-on cardmembers.
- Complimentary extra night stays at any hotel around the world on booking for a minimum of 4 nights (applicable only if the booking is done via Citi bank’s concierge service). Cardholders with the Visa variant have to pay only for a 3-nights stay at the time of booking and get 4th night’s stay complimentary. For cardholders with the MasterCard variant, the amount spent for the 4th-night stay is credited in form of the statement credit within 2 billing cycles (no rebate is applicable at the time of booking).
- Reward Points are transferable to partner airlines’ frequent flyer programs. 1 Reward Point = 4 AirMiles.
- Complimentary Taj Epicure Plus plan and InnerCircle Silver membership.
You get 4 complimentary rounds and 4 lessons of golf every year at 15 premium golf destinations in India. Post these 4 complimentary golf lessons, the cardholder can avail of additional golf lessons for every Rs. 50,000 spent with the card.
You get the following insurance benefits with the Citi Prestige credit card-
|Accidental air death||Rs. 5 crores|
|Overseas medical insurance||USD 500|
|Lost card liability||Rs. 10,00,000|
- The overseas medical insurance includes only hospitalization expenses for illness and treatments overseas up to a maximum of USD 50,000 for maximum of 30 days.
Citi Prestige Credit Card Rewards:
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 on domestic spends.
- 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 on international spends.
- There is no expiry date for Citi Prestige reward points.
- Reward points can be redeemed for purchasing gift vouchers from popular brands and gadgets on the Citi Prestige Reward Catalog.
- You can also transfer the reward points to partner airlines’ frequent flyer programs as AirMiles. 1 Reward Point = 4 Airmiles. The partner airlines include:
- Air India
- Eva Air
- Singapore Airlines
- British Airways InterMiles
- Cathay Pacific Malaysia Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- Virgin Atlantic Thai Airways
- Qantas Flying Blue (Air France and KLM)
- Qatar Airways Turkish Airlines.
- You can also transfer reward points to partner hotel loyalty programs including Taj InnerCircle and IHG Rewards Club. 1 Reward Point = 1 Taj InnerCircle point and 1 reward point = 4 IHG points.
- Citi Prestige reward points are also redeemable for shopping via SMS.
- You can also settle your card’s outstanding balance with the Citi Prestige reward points.
Citi Prestige Credit Card Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled in order to get approved for the Citi Prestige Credit Card are as mentioned below:
- Your age must be 21 years or above.
- Your annual income must be at least Rs. 25,00,000.
- You should have a decent credit score.
You’ll need to submit the following documents in order for your application to be processed-
- PAN card
- Address proof (Aadhar card, Voter card, driving license, etc.)
- Proof of income (last 3 salary slips for salaried applicants and last year’s ITR with audited financials for the self-employed).
How to apply for the Citi Prestige Credit Card?
You can apply for the Citi Prestige credit card by just visiting the card’s home page and selecting the “Get Citi Prestige Card” option. You’ll be redirected to the card application page where you’ll be prompted to fill out a form. You can also apply offline by visiting your nearest Citibank branch with all the required documents and filling in the physical application form there.
You can dial Citi bank’s 24×7 customer care number (CitiPhone) to report the loss of the card or in case you need any kind of assistance. The bank’s customer care is operational 24×7 only for emergency services. For queries and assistance, the service is available from 9 AM through 7 PM (Monday – Saturday).
If you’re okay with paying an annual fee of Rs. 20,000, no other credit card can beat this one as far as travel rewards are concerned. You get an excellent reward redemption rate on transferring Citi Prestige Reward Points to partner airlines’ AirMiles programs (1 Reward Point = 4 Air Miles). It offers many other travel benefits, as discussed earlier, but being a super-premium card, you also get a plethora of lifestyle privileges including complimentary rounds of golf at leading golf destinations in India, concierge service for assistance regarding day-to-day tasks, and complimentary extra night stay at any hotel across the world.
All these benefits would taste sweeter were they accompanied by a low foreign currency markup fee and a low-interest rate. Still, it’s a great deal for someone who wants to enjoy a top-notch travel experience. That was our take; what do you think of this card? Do let us know your opinion in the comments.
The reward points earned on the Citi Prestige credit card never expire.
Yes, both primary, as well as add-on card members, get airport lounge with the Citi Prestige credit card
Yes, the reward points earned can be adjusted against the card’s statement balance. 1 Citi Prestige Reward Point = Re. 1 in this case.
Yes, you do get vouchers (worth Rs. 10,000) from the Taj group or ITC hotels and 2,500 reward points every year. These benefits are posted within 60 days of the first transaction made with the card (in the first year) or within 60 days of card’s membership renewal.
Yes, you get a complimentary extra night stay at any hotel across the world, provided that the minimum reservation period is 4 days and the booking is done via the Citi bank’s concierge service.