The Axis Bank Flipkart card has become one of the best co-branded cashback cards in India, especially for people who regularly shop at Flipkart and Myntra. The card used to offer 5% cashback on Myntra and Flipkart spends, and 4% cashback on partner brands like Swiggy, Uber, PVR, etc.
However, Axis Bank recently announced some major changes to the Flipkart credit card that will affect the cashback rate and some other terms and conditions of the credit card.
The following are the changes to the Flipkart Axis Bank credit card that will come into effect from 12th August 2023
Changes in the Cashback earned on Myntra and on hotel and flight payments on Flipkart
All spends made on Myntra, and on flight and hotel payments on Flipkart are eligible for unlimited 1.5% cashback.
Government services payments excluded from Cashback Eligibility
- All spends made towards government services are not eligible for cashback
- Cashback is not eligible on purchase of Myntra and Flipkart gift cards, fuel spends, purchases converted to EMI later, EMI transactions, wallet reloads, cash withdrawals, jewelry purchase, rent payments, utilities, insurance services, educational services, payment of card fees and other charges
Also Read: Axis Bank Grab Deals Offers July 2023 Update
Updated Eligibility Conditions for the Annual Fee Waiver
- The annual fee of the card will be waived off on spends of Rs. 3.5 Lakhs or more in the year.
- Wallet reloads and rental payments are not considered towards counting the annual fee waiver.
- The annual fee waiver clause is not applicable on cardholders who got the credit card lifetime free
The Flipkart Axis Bank credit card used to have a high cashback rate of 5% on Myntra and Flipkart spends which made it a fan-favorite among loyal customers of the brands. Axis Bank has announced new terms and conditions for the card that will take effect from 12th August 2023, and the cashback rate has been brought down to 1.5%.
Other than this, there are some other changes as discussed in the above article. Axis Bank Flipkart cardholders will surely not be happy with the devaluations that are going to be made soon.
What do you think about the updated terms and conditions of this credit card? Share your thoughts in the comments section.