Just a few months after Amazon partnered with ICICI Bank to launch the Amazon Pay credit card, Flipkart and Axis Bank came up with their cobranded card in July 2019 namely Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card. A card is a great option for those who love shopping on Flipkart and Myntra as it offers 5% cash back on purchases made on them. Not only this, but the card also offers great cashback on certain merchants like Swiggy, Uber, PVR, and cure. fit and also offers cashback on another spending. Apart from shopping, it also offers other benefits like travel where you can get complimentary access to domestic lounges and other benefits in dining, fuel, and much more.
Initially, the Flipkart Axis Bank Card was launched as a Mastercard variant but after the RBI ban, Axis bank issued the card as Visa Variant. The Visa variant was offered as a lifetime free card, however, with effect from 5th January 2021, a membership fee of Rs. 500 (plus taxes) is applicable. Continue reading to learn more about Flipkart Axis Credit Card and see how it stacks up against the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)
- Welcome gifts worth Rs. 1,100 on the issuance of the card.
- Many other welcome benefits from Myntra, and Swiggy.
- 5% cashback on Flipkart as well as Myntra.
- 4% cash back on preferred partners including Swiggy, Uber, PVR and cure.fit.
- 1.5% cashback on all other retail spends (with a few exceptions).
- 4 complimentary airport lounge access within India.
- 1% fuel surcharge is waived at all petrol pumps across India for purchases worth Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000 (max waiver of Rs. 500/month).
Rewards and Benefits
Introductory benefits worth Rs. 1,100 on card issuance, benefit of up to Rs. 500 worth Flipkart vouchers, 15% cashback up to Rs. 500 on your first transaction on Myntra and 50% discount up to Rs. 100 on your first transaction for new to Swiggy customers.
Movie & Dining
Up to 20% off at partner restaurants under Axis bank’s exclusive Dining Delights program, accelerated cashback (4%) on PVR cinemas.
5% cashback on Flipkart and Myntra, 4% cashback on prefered partners (Swiggy, Uber, PVR and cure.fit) and 1.5% cashback on all other spends.
4 complimentary domestic lounge visits annually, accelerated cashback (4%) on Uber rides.
Domestic Lounge Access
4 free domestic airport lounge access per year
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardmembers are not liable for any unauthorized spends made on their card if loss of card reported within 3 days.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 500 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 500 + applicable taxes
Spend based Waiver
The renewal fee is waived upon achieving a minimum annual spend of Rs. 2 lacs
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the total conversion amount
3.4% per month (49.36% annually)
Avoid 1% fuel surcharge for fuel purchases between Rs. 400 & Rs. 4,000 (max waiver capped at Rs. 500/month).
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% (Min. Rs. 500) of the withdrawn amount.
Add-on Card Fee
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card – Key Highlights
|Best Suited For||Shopping and Cashback|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum age – 18 yearsMinimum income – Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 30,000 per month|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 500|
|Benefits||Up to 5% cashback on selected brands and 1.5% cashback on all spends.|
|Lounge Access||4 complimentary domestic lounge access every year|
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card Cashback
- 5% cashback on Flipkart and Myntra.
- 4% cashback on preferred partners including Swiggy, Uber, PVR and cure.fit.
- 1.5% cashback on all other online and offline spends.
- No cashback on certain categories of spends including fuel spends, gift card purchases on Flipkart, Myntra, 2Gud.com, purchases converted to EMI, wallet uploads, purchase of gold items, cash advances, payment of the card’s outstanding balances and payment of card fees and other card charges.
- Spends on Flipkart Smart Store (‘Bills and Recharges’ section) will earn you a cashback on 1.5% only (same as applicable to all other transactions).
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card Features and Benefits
- Welcome benefit worth Rs. 1,100 on the issuance of the card.
- 15 months Gaana Plus subscription at a discounted price of Rs. 399.
- Rs. 500 worth Flipkart vouchers.
- 15% cashback (up to Rs. 500) on your first purchase using this card on Myntra.
- 50% discount on your first purchase for new to Swiggy (maximum discount capped at Rs. 100).
Dining Movie Benefits
- Dining benefit under the Axis Bank’s dining Delights program that gives you up to 20% off on dining bills at partner restaurants.
- Accelerated cashback (4%) on PVR tickets.
- 4 lounge access every year at select airports within India.
- You don’t get any international lounge access with this card.
- Accelerated cashback (4%) on Uber rides.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waived at all fuel stations across India for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000.
- Maximum waiver for this card is Rs. 500 per month.
- You don’t earn any cashback on fuel purchases.
Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card Fees and Charges
- Annual Fee: Flipkart Axis Credit Card changes an annual membership fee of Rs. 500 per annum which is waived off on annual spends of Rs. 2 lacs or more in the previous year (the card is being offered as a lifetime free credit card till 31st March 2022).
- Interest Rate: The interest rate applicable on the Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card is 3.4% per month or 49.36% annually.
- Cash Advance Fee: A cash withdrawal fee of 2.5% of the transacted amount (or a minimum fee of Rs. 500) is charged on cash withdrawals using Flipkart Axis Credit Card.
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: A forex mark-up fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount is applicable on all foreign currency transactions made with Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card.
- Card Replacement Fee: A fee Rs. 100 is charged for issuing a fresh credit card in case you have misplaced/lost your existing Axis Flipkart Credit Card.
Credit Limit of Flipkart Axis Bank Card
The credit limit of a credit card is different for every cardholder depending upon their credit score and income. If an applicant has a good credit score, their credit limit is usually two to three times their monthly income. Since Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card is an entry-level card offered by the bank, the base credit limit of the card is Rs. 25,000 and can go up to Rs. 5 lacs.
Advantages of Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
- High Reward Rate on Flipkart/Myntra and other Partner Merchants: Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card offers a very good reward rate of 5% on all spends on the e-commerce website Flipkart and its sister concern Myntra. Apart from Flipkart and Myntra, you also get a good reward rate of 4% on spends at partner merchants which include popular names like Swiggy, Uber, PVR and cure.fit.
- Decent Reward Rate on other Partner Merchants: This Credit Card also offers a decent (at least not very low) reward rate of 1.5% on all other purchases with the card, which is higher than what most other credit cards in the entry-level segment offer.
- Unlimited Cashback: Another advantage of the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is that the card rewards you with cashback which is directly adjusted against the card’s statement balance every month. Also, there is no upper limit on the amount of cashback that can be earned on the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card in a given month.
- Airport Lounge Access: Most basic or low annual fee credit cards do not offer free airport lounge access to the cardholders, however, you do get 4 complimentary domestic airport lounge access with Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card.
Drawbacks of Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
- Not a Great Credit Card for Offline Shopping: Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is definitely one of the best credit cards as far as online shopping is concerned, particularly if you prefer Flipkart for most of your purchases. You also get a cashback of 4% on online food delivery via Swiggy and on Uber rides. However, if you are someone who loves shopping offline at shopping malls or other small retail stores, Flipkart Axis Card might not be the best pick for you as you get a cashback of just 1.5% on offline spends.
- No Insurance Cover: Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card does not offer any insurance benefits like air accident cover or cover against loss/delay of luggage.
Who Should Apply for this card?
Based on the advantages and drawbacks of the Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card-
You should apply for Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card if-
- You are someone who is fond of online shopping and prefers Flipkart over Amazon for most purchases.
- You use Swiggy for ordering food and Uber for hailing a taxicab or renting a car.
- 4 lounge access per annum at domestic airports are enough for you.
You should consider a better option if-
- You prefer Amazon (or any other e-commerce website) over Flipkart for online shopping. If Amazon is the e-commerce portal of your preference, you should rather go for Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card.
- You are more of an offline shopper- Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card although offers a high reward rate of 5% or 4% at select online merchants, the reward rate applicable on all offline transactions is just 1.5%.
- 4 airport lounge access per annum are not enough for you or you want a credit card with railway lounge access.
- You want a credit card that offers complimentary insurance benefits to the cardholder.
Credit Cards Similar to Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, as you know is an online shopping credit card best suited for online shoppers who rely on Flipkart and Myntra for their online shopping needs. There are many other credit cards currently available in the market that offer a higher reward rate on spends at a particular online merchant. Some of such credit cards that offer a neck-to-neck competition the Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card include the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card and Paytm HDFC Bank Credit Card. The following table gives a pointwise comparison between the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card and Paytm HDFC Credit Card-
|Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card||Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card||Paytm HDFC Bank Credit card|
|Reward Structure||Cashback- adjusted every month against the card’s statement balance||Cashback as Amazon Pay balance||Cashback- credited to Paytm wallet|
|Reward Rate at partner merchant(s)||
5% cashback on spends on Flipkart and Myntra
4% cashback on spends at partner merchants including Swiggy, Uber, PVR and cure.fit.
5% cashback on Amazon India for Amazon Prime members and 3% cashback on Amazon India for non-prime members.
2% cashback on flight/bus bookings via Amazon and at Amazon partner merchants with Login and Pay with Amazon option.
3% cashback on Paytm (Mall, Movies and Mini apps).
2% cashback on all other Paytm spends.
|Reward Rate on normal spends||1.5% cashback on all other online and offline spends.||1% cashback on all other online/offline spends.||1% cashback on all other retail spending with the card.|
|Reward Points/Cashback Maxcap||No max capping applicable||No max capping applicable||No max capping applicable|
4 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every year.
Up to 20% off at partner restaurants under Axis Bank’s Dining Delights program.
|Minimum 15% discount at partner restaurants under ICICI’s Culinary Treats Program.||Additional 1% cashback (up to Rs. 100) every month on spending a minimum of Rs. 10,000 in the month.|
|Membership Fee||Rs. 500 per annum, waived off on a minimum annual expenditure of Rs. 2 lacs (lifetime free till 31st March 2022).||Nil||Rs. 49 per month, waived off on a monthly expenditure of a minimum of Rs. 5,000.|
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
|Criteria||Salaried Employees||Self-Employed Individuals|
|Age||>18 Years||>18 years|
|Income||Minimum Rs. 15,000 per month||Minimum Rs. 30,000 per month|
How to Apply for Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
You can apply for the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card online. All you have to do is-
- Click/tap on the “Apply Now” option on the card’s home page.
- You will receive an SMS on your mobile number registered with Flipkart.
- Click/tap on the link and continue with the application process.
In order for your application to be processed, you will need to submit a few documents including-
- An identity proof (Aadhar card, Voter card, PAN card, etc.).
- An address proof (Aadhar card, Voter card, driving license, utility bills, etc.).
- A proof of income (salary slips or an audited ITR acknowledgment).
How to Check Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card Application Status?
Once you have applied for the Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card, the bank usually takes 10 to 15 days to process your application. To track your credit application anytime post submission of the application along with the required documents-
- Visit Axis Bank’s credit cards application tracking page.
- You can track your credit card application either using your Application ID or with your mobile number/PAN.
- Select your desired method of application tracking, enter the captcha and click/tap on Submit.
- You will now be able to view the status of your credit card application on the page that opens.
Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card Login/Internet Banking
You can take full control of your Flipkart Axis Credit Card by registering your card for internet banking. To register your new Flipkart Axis Card or to login to your existing account-
- Visit Axis Bank’s internet banking portal.
- If you are already an Axis Bank customer simply log in with your credentials.
- If you are not an existing Axis Bank customer, select First time user? Register option.
- Register for Axis Bank internet banking with your Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card PIN Generation
You can generate your Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card’s PIN online via internet banking or through Axis Bank’s mobile app. Alternatively, you can also dial Axis Bank’s customer care number or generate the PIN at any of Axis Bank’s ATMs.
Axis Bank Flipkart Credit Card Customer Care
Axis Bank has great customer services for its credit card customers. If you have an Axis Bank Card and you need any assistance regarding it, or to report the loss of your card, you can dial Axis Bank’s customer care numbers- 18605005555/18604195555. These numbers are available 24×7.
If you want to block your Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, you can easily do it yourself by sending an SMS- BLOCK <your 16-digit credit card number> to 5676782 even without dialing the bank’s customer care number.
The Axis bank Flipkart credit card gives you very good returns if you love to shop online and Flipkart is the e-commerce platform of your choice. Apart from Flipkart, you also get fairly good returns (4%) with preferred merchants including popular names like Swiggy, Uber and PVR. Despite being an entry-level card, it offers 4 complimentary domestic lounge access and dining benefits under the Axis bank’s Dining Delights program.
The only competitor of this card in the market is the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card which comes with a zero membership fee, but also offers fewer additional benefits. Now if you’re a digital shopaholic, you can not go wrong with either of the two. You can even signup for both; or if you have to make a choice between the two, you must evaluate your needs- whether you really need complimentary lounge visits, and how important is the additional cashback benefit that you get with other merchants. Before you make a choice, it is advisable to have comprehensive information about the benefits that each of the two cards offers. You can read about the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card here.
What do you think of this co-branded credit card? Which one would you pick between the two? Do let us know in the comments below.
You get the 5% cashback benefit on Flipkart as well as on Myntra (now owned by Flipkart).
There is no limit to the cashback that you can earn in a given month.
In case you are not able to pay your bill in full on time, an interest of 3.4% per month (49.36% annually) is applicable on the amount due on your Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card.
Yes, you get 4 domestic airport lounge access per annum with the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card. However, you do not get any international airport lounge access with the card.
You get a cashback of 4% on spends on partner merchants which include Swiggy, Uber, PVR and cure.fit.
No cashback benefit is applicable on fuel transactions. However, 1% fuel surcharge is waived for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000, subject to a maximum waiver of Rs. 500 in a given calendar month.
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 500. However, under a limited period offer, the card is being offered as a lifetime free credit card till 31st March 2022.
You can block your Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card by simply sending an SMS- BLOCK <your 16-digit credit card number> to 5676782. Alternatively, you can also dial Axis Bank’s 24-hour helpline number 18604195555/18605005555 and get your credit card blocked.