When it comes to getting a super-premium credit card, it becomes quite difficult to choose the best one as there are plenty of options available in the market nowadays. All the major credit card issuers offer a wide range of cards from entry-level to super-premium ones. Axis Bank Magnus and the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Cards are among the top premium cards in the market and many people often confuse between these cards. Both cards have exclusive benefits across different categories, including Rewards, travel, lifestyle, dining, entertainment, and many more.
Though the annual fee of the Magnus Card is slightly higher than that of the Saphiro Card, it may be totally worth it for those who are wise enough to maximize the benefits of a credit card. On the other hand, ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card offers several privileges with a lower annual fee, so it may be a better choice for those who just want decent benefits with an affordable annual fee. For detailed information about both the cards and their comparison, continue reading the article:
Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card
Axis Bank’s Magnus Credit Card is one of the most premium cards offered by Axis Bank. Along with a very good reward rate on all the spends, the Magnus Card comes with a wide range of exclusive privileges across different categories, including travel, movies, dining, and many more. It comThe following are some of the most significant features and benefits of the Magnus Credit Card issued by the Axis Bank:
- Get up to 12 Edge Rewards on every Rs. 200 spent on retail purchases.
- 5x Edge Rewards on travel spends via TRAVEL EDGE
- Get 25,000 bonus Edge Rewards every month on achieving the spend milestone.
- Get unlimited domestic as well as international lounge access for free.
- Discounted stays at Oberoi Hotels.
- Buy One Get One Free offer on movie ticket bookings via BookMyShow (max 5 times a month).
- 25% discount at over 2,000 restaurants with Dineout passport.
- Complimentary travel-related insurance covers including a cover worth Rs. 4.5 crore against air accident.
ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
The ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card has an annual fee of Rs. 3,500 (joining fee is Rs. 6,500), which seems to be higher at first look. But when you look at the welcome benefits of this card, this fee seems to be worth it as the card offers you introductory benefits worth much more than the annual fee itself. Talking about the reward rate, you get up to 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 you spend and these points are redeemable against a wide range of options including cashback. Apart from this, the card offers complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access every year. For more detailed features of the Sapphiro Card, refer to the following points:
- As a welcome benefit, you can get exciting gift vouchers worth Rs. 9,000 from any of your favorite brands, including Tata CliQ, EaseMyTrip, Uber, Zomato Pro, and Croma (with the MasterCard and Visa variants). With the AmEx variant, you get Rs. 750 cashback on spending Rs. 20,000 or more within the first 60 days.
- The card offers 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent domestically and 4 RPs for every Rs. 100 spent internationally.
- Buy One Get One Free offer on movie ticket bookings (up to Rs. 500 off on the second ticket).
- Get 4 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter (on spending at least Rs. 5,000 in the previous quarter).
- Get 2 free international lounge access every year with the Dreamfolks Pass membership.
- Get access to complimentary golf lesson/game every quarter.
- Get an insurance cover worth Rs. 3 Crore against personal accident.
Let us now compare both the cards on the basis of various important factors in the following table:
|Factors of Comparison||Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card||ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card|
|Annual fee||Rs. 10,000 (waived on spending Rs. 15 lakhs or more in the previous year)|| Joining Fee – Rs. 6,500Annual Fee |
– Rs. 3,500 (waived on spending Rs. 6 lakhs or more in the previous year)
|Reward Rate|| – 12 Edge Rewards on every spend of Rs. 200 |
– 5x Edge Rewards on spends made via the Travel Edge portal.
| – 4 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent internationally |
– 2 RPs on every Rs. 100 spent domestically.
|Movie & Dining Benefits|| – Buy 1 Get One Free Offer on movie ticket bookings via BookMyShow |
– 25% discount on dining across several participating restaurants.
|– Buy 1 Get One Free Offer on movie ticket bookings via BookMyShow|
|Milestone Benefits||Get up to 25,000 bonus Rewards every month on achieving the required spend milestone||Get up to 20,000 bonus Reward Points every year on achieving the spend milestone|
|Travel Benefits||Get unlimited complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access every year.|| – Get 4 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter |
– Get 2 free international lounge access every year.
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||– Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases (maximum waiver of Rs. 400 per billing cycle)||– Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases (maximum waiver of Rs. 250 per billing cycle)|
Both The Axis Bank Magnus and the ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card have plenty of benefits across different categories. None of the two cards can be termed as best for everyone as different people have different requirements. The Magnus Credit Card is a great choice for high net-worth individuals who love traveling as the card offers unlimited free lounge access along with a low forex markup fee. Apart from this, Magnus Card comes with a very good reward rate, and hence, the cardholders can save a lot using this card if they make most of their spending using it. Talking about the ICICI Bank’s Sapphiro Card, it would be a good choice for those who love traveling but do not travel that often. Moreover, this card has a lower annual fee and hence, it should be preferred by those who look for decent travel and entertainment benefits with an affordable annual fee. While choosing any of these cards, make sure that you have taken all your needs into consideration. In case of any further doubts, you can freely ask us in the comment section below!