There are so many different credit cards in the market with each offering different rewards and privileges that it becomes difficult for the cardholder to choose a particular card. The AU Bank LIT credit card is the India’s first customizable card on which you can choose the features based on your needs and spending habits. It is a lifetime free card that offers reward points or cashback across different categories of your choosing. You can choose the features you want for a 90-day period and pay just for them instead of holding different cards for different benefits.
Similarly, the Yes Bank BYOC credit card is another customizable card. The name stands for Build Your Own Card, and you can choose both the card plastic type, and the features and rewards you want on the card. The card charges a monthly fee of Rs. 49 plus taxes and a one-time fee based on the options out of metal, eco-friendly, or regular plastic card. You can choose out of 1% cashback or 8 reward points on your spends with the BYOC credit card.
In this article, we will compare the AU Bank LIT credit card with the YES Bank BYOC credit card. Both of these are customizable cards where you have the ability to choose the rewards plan and other features you want. Let’s check out how these cards stack up against each other.
AU Bank Lit Credit Card
The AU Bank LIT credit card is another customizable variant where the cardholder can select the features and benefits they want on the card, and pay just for them. It can get difficult to choose a credit card as there are so many in the market with different features but the LIT card allows you to choose rewards and benefits based on your spending habits. You can log in to the AU app to choose the features you want for the next 90 days, which include cashback and accelerated reward points. Let’s check out the main features and benefits of the AU Bank Lit credit card –
- You can opt for 1 domestic airport lounge access at Rs. 199 for 90 days, and 2 domestic airport lounge access at Rs. 299 for 90 days.
- You can get membership to popular subscription services. Get 3 months Zee5 membership at Rs. 99 for 90 days. Get 3 months Amazon Prime membership at Rs. 199 for 90 days. Get 3 months Cult.fit membership at Rs. 499 for 90 days.
- You can get additional cashback when you reach the target spend amount within the specified time. Get 5% additional cashback at Rs. 299 for 30 days on spending a minimum of Rs. 7500. Get additional 2% cashback at Rs. 199 for 30 days on spending a minimum of Rs. 10,000.
- You can opt for bonus 10x or 5x reward points on your spends with the card. Get 10x reward points on either online or offline spends at Rs. 299 for 90 days. Get 5x reward points on either online or offline spends at Rs. 199 for 90 days. Fuel, cash advance, EMI, wallet reloads, rent payments, etc. don’t accrue cashback.
- You can get cashback on your spends across various categories. You can get 5% cashback on your grocery, travel, electronics, or dining spends at Rs. 299 for 90 days. Also, you can get 5% cashback on your apparel spends at Rs. 199 for 90 days. The cashback is capped at a maximum of Rs. 1000 per month.
- You can get 1% fuel surcharge waiver at Rs. 49 for 90 days, on spends between Rs. 400 to Rs. 5000.
- Reward points can be redeemed against merchandise, flight, hotels, bus ticket bookings, mobile and DTH recharges, golf sessions, gift vouchers, and Airmiles.
Yes Bank BYOC Credit Card
The BYOC credit card by YES Bank is fully customizable, where you can choose the appearance, the choice of plastic of the card, and also its benefits and features based on your spending habits. The card charges a joining fee of Rs. 49 and you also have to pay for the plastic type you choose for the card. Also, you get exciting golf, travel, and other benefits with the YES Bank BYOC credit card. The following are the key features of this credit card.
- You can choose between plastic or metal body for your credit card. The metal variant has a one-time fee of Rs. 3499, the eco-friendly variant has a fee of Rs. 249, image personalization has a Rs. 149 fee, while there is no fee for the regular plastic card variant.
- Cardholders get complimentary domestic lounge access 4 times per year, max once per quarter
- Complimentary golf rounds 4 times per year and 1 complimentary golf lesson per calendar month
- You can choose the rewards/cashback on the card based on your spending habits. You can either choose 1% cashback on your spends or choose 8 reward points per Rs. 200 spent with the card. Fuel, EMI, cash withdrawals, wallet reloads, etc. don’t earn cashback or reward points.
- Apart from the regular rewards, you can choose accelerated cashback on select merchants including BigBasket, Swiggy, BookMyShow, Uber, and Pharmeasy. The Silver Plan costs Rs. 99 and offers cashback on any 2 merchants, the Gold Plan costs Rs. 149 and offers cashback on 3 merchants, and the Platinum Plan costs Rs. 249 and offers cashback on all 5 merchants.
- Reward points earned on the card can be redeemed against a host of different choices at the YesRewardz portal, where 1 RP = Rs. 0.25. Cashback earned on the card is directly credited to the account of the cardholder.
- The card offers a 1% fuel surcharge waiver at fuel stations throughout the country.
- The card charges a forex markup fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount and cash advance fee of Rs. 300 or 2.5% of the withdrawn amount, whichever is higher.
AU Bank Lit vs. Yes Bank BYOC Credit Card – Quick Comparison
|Category||AU Bank LIT Credit Card||Yes Bank BYOC Credit Card|
|Joining/Annual Fee||Nil||Rs. 49 monthly fee Rs. 3499 for metal variant Rs. 249 for eco-friendly variant|
|Reward Earning||1 RP per Rs. 100 spent on retail 10x or 5x RPs on specific features Bonus cashback on specific features||1% cashback or 8 RPs per Rs. 200 spent with the card|
|Reward Redemption||Reward points can be redeemed against products and vouchers, flight/hotel bookings, discounts, offers, etc.||Reward points can be redeemed against different choices at the YesRewardz portal, where 1 RP = Rs. 0.25|
|Travel Benefits||1 or 2 complimentary domestic lounge access per quarter||Complimentary domestic lounge access per quarter|
|Dining & Movie Benefits||5% cashback on dining expenses 3-month Amazon Prime and Zee5 membership||NA|
|Golf Benefits||NA||4 complimentary golf rounds per year|
|Renewal Fee Waiver||NA||NA|
|Forex Markup Fee||3.5% of the transaction amount||3.5% of the transaction amount|
Every individual has a different financial condition and spending habits. Hence, it can get difficult to choose a credit card out of so many options in the market. There are entry-level, mid-level, premium, and super-premium cards to choose from. Keeping this in mind, we talked about two customizable credit cards where you can choose the features and rewards you want – the AU Bank LIT and the Yes Bank BYOC credit card.
The AU Bank LIT credit card is lifetime free and you don’t have to pay any joining or annual fees. The Yes Bank BYOC credit card charges a Rs. 49 monthly membership fee and you can choose the card type out of regular plastic, eco-friendly, or metal variant. The BYOC card offers you a choice between 1% cashback on your spends and 8 reward points per Rs. 200 spent with the card. There is also a chance to earn accelerated cashback on some select merchants.
When we talk about the LIT credit card, there are more reward programs to choose from for a 90-day period. You can choose out of complimentary lounge access, memberships, accelerated reward points, cashback, and fuel surcharge waiver. Out of both these customizable credit cards, we believe that the AU Bank Lit is the better choice as it is lifetime free and offers more choices of rewards and other benefits to choose for the cardholder. Head over to the comments section and tell us your preferred choice out of these two customizable credit cards.