The YES Bank has recently launched a customizable credit card named YES Bank BYOC Credit Card, where BYOC stands for ‘Build Your Own Card.’ It comes with a monthly membership fee of Rs. 49, however, an additional one-time fee might be charged if you want to customize the plastic of your card as per your choice. The card issuer provides you with three options, including a metal variant, an eco-friendly variant, and the regular plastic card variant. You can choose any of these three options. Apart from this, you can also choose your rewards plan as per your requirements and spending behavior.
The AU Small Finance Bank has also launched one such credit card recently named the AU Bank LIT Credit Card and now the BYOC Credit Card launched by the YES Bank seems to give direct competition to the LIT Card. Talking about the BYOC Credit Card, it doesn’t only offer exciting reward rates, but also comes with a wide range of additional privileges across different categories, including travel, golf, etc. For more detailed information about the YES Bank BYOC Credit Card, its features, and fees & charges, keep reading the article:
YES Bank BYOC Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
1% cash back or 8 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 200 (choose between rewards/cashback).
The Reward Points can be redeemed against various options via the YesRewardz portal where 1 Reward Point = up to Re. 0.25.
Complimentary airport lounge access every quarter.
4 complimentary rounds of golf every year.
Domestic Lounge Access
1 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter.
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholders will not be liable for any fraudulent transactions if the loss has been reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Spend Based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the total transaction amount
3.80% per month
1% surcharge waiver on fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 300.
Add-on Card Fee
- A fully customizable credit card.
- Cardholders have an option to choose either cashback or rewards.
- You get 1% cash back or 8 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 200.
- You can choose a cashback plan to earn accelerated cash back on the merchants of your choice.
- Complimentary airport lounge access.
- Complimentary rounds of golf every month.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions.
YES Bank BYOC Credit Card Features and Benefits
The BYOC Credit Card offered by YES Bank is a fully customizable credit card as the cardholders can not only choose the physical appearance, but they can also choose its features as per their spending behavior. All the benefits and features of this credit card are given below in detail:
Choice of Plastic
The customers have the convenience to choose the type of plastic/metal for their credit card. The card issuer provides you with the following three options, out of which you can choose any one:
- Metal Credit Card (one-time fee of Rs. 3,499).
- Eco-friendly credit card (one-time fee of 249).
- Regular Plastic Card (no additional charges).
- Image personalization in card (one-time fee of Rs. 149)
The cardholders get complimentary access to domestic airport lounges once every quarter (4 times every year).
- The YES Bank BYOC Credit Cardholders also get complimentary access to golf games 4 times every year.
- You also get 1 complimentary golf lesson each calendar month.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions across all fuel stations in India.
YES Bank BYOC Credit Card Rewards/Cashback
As a YES BYOC Credit Cardholder, you have the freedom to choose rewards/cashback as your rewards program. The reward/cashback rates are as follows:
- If you choose cash back, you get a 1% cashback on all retail spends.
- If you choose rewards, you get 8 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 200.
- No rewards/cash backs are earned on fuel transactions, cash withdrawals, EMI transactions, credit card fee payments, etc.
Other than this regular reward rate, you can also choose to earn accelerated cashback on selected merchants by buying any of the following three plans:
|Plan Name||No. of Merchants*||Plan Fee|
|Silver||2 merchants out of 5||Rs. 99 plus taxes|
|Gold||3 merchants out of 5||Rs. 149 plus taxes|
|Platinum||All 5 merchants||Rs. 249 plus taxes|
Available Merchants* – Swiggy, Uber, Pharmeasy, BookMyShow, and BigBasket.
- The reward points earned through this credit card can be redeemed against various options available at the Yesrewardz portal. the monetary value of 1 Reward Point can be up to Re. 0.25.
- The cashback is automatically credited to the cardholders’ accounts.
YES BYOC Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled in order to get approved for the YES Bank BYOC Credit Card are as mentioned below:
- The age of the applicant should be between 21 years and 60 years.
- The applicant should either be salaried or self-employed. In the case of salaried individuals, the minimum required income is Rs. 25,000 per month and in the case of self-employed people, the minimum ITR should be Rs. 5 lakhs.
- The applicant should have a decent credit score.
You will also need to submit a few documents while applying for the YES Bank BYOC Credit Card. All the required documents are listed below:
- Identity proof: Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Voter’s ID, or Driving License.
- Address proof: Aadhar Card, Passport, Ration Card, or latest months’ utility bills.
- Income Proof: Latest months’ salary slips/bank statements, or latest audited ITR.
How To Apply For The YES Bank BYOC Credit Card?
You can apply for the YES Bank BYOC Credit Card online as well as offline at your convenience. To apply online, you can visit YES Bank’s official website and apply for the card by filling in the digital application form. If you don’t prefer online methods, you can also visit your nearest Yes Bank branch with the required documents and apply for the card by filling out the physical application form.
YES Bank BYOC Credit Card Review
Different individuals may have different requirements and spending habits, and keeping this fact in mind, YES Bank has come up with the BYOC Credit Card, which is fully customizable. It is a great option for people who want a premium metal card as well as for those who want to have a basic card with an affordable membership fee. The cardholders can not only choose the physical type of their credit card, but they also get an option to choose the rewards plan as per their convenience. Along with this, complimentary lounge access, free golf rounds, etc, are some of the great additional privileges of this card. So, no matter whether you want a basic rewards card or a premium cashback credit card, you must check the YES BYOC Credit Card once.
In case of any additional doubts regarding this, make sure to ask us in the comment section below!
The annual fee of the YES Bank BYOC Credit Card is Rs. 49 plus applicable taxes for the basic variant, Rs. 3,499 (for the metal variant), and Rs. 249 (for the eco-friendly variant).
Yes, you can choose to earn reward points or cash back as per your comfort. If you choose cash back, you get a 1% cashback on all your spends, and on choosing reward points, you get 8 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 200.
The minimum eligible age to apply for this credit card is 21 years.
The interest rate on the YES Bank BYOC Credit Card is 3.5% per month.