In a fast-changing world, with tons of innovations and new technologies, the credit card market is also moving fast. We get to see new types of credit cards, offering new and better benefits and offers every other week. The Yes Bank is planning on the same by offering a new type of credit card where cardholders can not only customize the card from the outside but also the inside. This means that now the cardholders can customize the features they want to enjoy with the card. The Yes Bank is planning to introduce, Build Your Own Card (BYOC), which will offer tons of benefits across many categories like travel, lifestyle, shopping, and much more. The card is similar to the newly launched AU LIT Credit card and also to the ICICI Bank Mine Credit card where the cardholders can select the type of feature or plan, they want to use.
The Yes Bank BYOC Card has been designed to capture and provide benefits to a wide market and therefore the annual income requirement for the card is also low. To know more about the card, keep reading:
Yes Bank Build Your Own Card (BYOC)
The BYOC Card by the Yes Bank will have a base charge of Rs. 49 (plus applicable taxes) per month which will be charged on the card activation and/or with the plan activation along with a one-time fee for the type of card you choose which is explained below. Therefore, the plan or the feature you are choosing will come with different pricing which you can choose accordingly. The card also comes with an option to choose your perk, you can choose to get Reward Points or the cashback on your transactions. The card also offers travel benefits like complimentary lounge access and golf benefits as well. Following are the features of the BYOC card:
- Build Your Card: The Bank offers an option for cardholders to choose from the usual plastic card, an Eco-friendly card (which costs Rs. 249 plus taxes), and a metal card (costing Rs. 3,499 plus taxes). Also, customers can personalize the Eco-friendly cardcard with a picture which will cost additional Rs. 149 plus taxes.
- Pick your perk: The BYOC card provides the choice to the cardholders, where they can choose between getting the never expiring Reward points (8 RP on every spend of Rs. 200) or they can choose to get unlimited 1% cashback on all transactions.
- Choose your offer: The Yes Bank BYOC card would come with three offer plans, namely the Silver, Gold, and the platinum plans. The card holders can choose from these plans and may change the same on a monthly basis as per their choice. With each plan, you would get an option to choose a number of merchants you want to get benefit from. These merchants are BookMyShow, BigBasket, Swiggy, Uber, and PharmEasy. The following table will give a clear view on the plans and their feature:
|GOLD||Rs. 99 (plus applicable taxes)||Pick any 2 merchants out of the 5 available merchants|
|SILVER||Rs. 149 (plus applicable taxes)||Pick any 3 merchants out of the 5 available merchants|
|PLATINUM||Rs. 249 (plus applicable taxes)||Option to pick all the available merchants|
Get up to 10% cashback on the amount spent on the merchants mentioned above (capped at Rs. 100 per month).
- Lounge access: The BYOC would offer a complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access every quarter for the primary cardholder with the Mastercard Domestic Lounge program.
- Golf Rounds: With the card, the cardholders can enjoy up to 4 complimentary green fee waivers every year at the select golf courses in India. Also, you may also enjoy 1 complimentary golf lesson every month at golf courses in India.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000.
The Yes Bank BYOC appears to be a very unique card offering the cardholders to personalize their card from outside as well as from inside. The card offers great plans to choose from with top merchants. Also, the cardholder can choose to get the rewards in the form of reward points that never expire or they can get unlimited cashback on their transaction. On top of that, the card offers other privileges like Complimentary domestic lounge access as well as golf green fees wavier for the primary cardholder. So, if you were waiting for such a card, wait for a little more till the card is officially launched. Drop your views and even doubts in the comment section below.