The trend of customizable credit cards has become quite popular in the last few years. Like the ICICI Bank’s Mine credit Card and AU Bank’s LIT Card, YES Bank has also come up with a customizable credit card named YES Bank BYOC Credit Card, where BYOC stands for Build Your Own Card. The news of the launch of this BYOC card was already there a few months ago and it’s exciting for many people that the card is finally out in the market. Along with this, YES Bank has launched another new credit card named YES Bank EMI Credit Card, which is targeted at people who prefer making large purchases on EMIs. Both cards have entirely different, but exciting benefits. To know more about their features and fees & charges, keep reading:
YES Bank BYOC Credit Card
The YES Bank’s BYOC (Build Your Own Card) Credit Card has finally been launched by the issuer. The card is a completely customizable card and the customers even get a choice of the type of physical card that they want. For the usual plastic card, there is a one-time joining fee of Rs. 249, and for the metal card, the joining fee is Rs. 3,499. Apart from this, there is a basic monthly fee of Rs. 49, and the cardholders can choose any of the three plans named Silver (monthly fee of Rs. 99), Gold (monthly fee of Rs. 149), and Platinum (monthly fee of Rs. 249) for additional benefits. Some of the most significant benefits of this card are mentioned below:
- Rewards/Cashback: The cardholders can choose to earn reward points or cashback at their convenience. In the case of Rewards, the card offers 8 RPs for every Rs. 200 spent, and people who choose cashback get a 1% cashback on all their purchases.
- Additional Cashback With The Three Plans: On choosing any of the three plans (Silver, Gold, or Platinum), the cardholders are entitled to get a 10% cashback on the merchants covered under their respective plan. You can understand it as follows:
– Silver Plan: Choose any 2 of the five merchants*.
– Gold Plan: Choose any 3 of the five merchants.
– Platinum Plan: Choose all five merchants.
* the five merchant choices are: BookMyShow, BigBasket, Swiggy, Uber, and PharmEasy.
- Airport Lounge Access: You get one complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter with this card.
- Golf Privileges: You get access to four free golf rounds every year and one complimentary golf lesson each month.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: You also get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases.
Check more details about the card here.
YES Bank EMI Credit Card
The EMI Credit Card by YES Bank has a joining and annual membership fee of Rs. 499, which is quite affordable. This renewal fee is waived if the cardholder has spent Rs. 1,20,000 or more in the previous anniversary year. Talking about the reward benefits of this card, you get up to 3% cashback on your purchases made using it. The main feature of this credit card is the Automatic conversion of credit card bills into EMIs. However, not every transaction gets converted, but all purchases worth Rs. 5,000 or more are eligible for auto EMI conversion. The detailed benefits of this card are mentioned below:
- Cashback: The cashback rates offered by this card across different categories are mentioned below:
– You get 3% cashback on selected transactions through the YES Cart.
– On other transactions, you get a 1% cashback.
– No cashback is earned on transactions that are converted into EMIs.
- Automatic EMI Conversion: The transactions above Rs. 5,000 are automatically converted into EMIs with the following tenures and rates:
– For transactions worth Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 10,000: 3 months EMI at an interest rate of 16% per annum.
– For transactions worth Rs. 10,001 to Rs. 20,000: 6 months EMI at an interest rate of 16% p.a.
– For transactions worth Rs. 20,001 to Rs. 5,00,000: 12 months EMI at an interest rate of 16% p.a.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases.
- Spend-Based Waiver: The renewal fee of Rs. 499 is waived on spending Rs. 1.2 lakhs or more in the previous anniversary year.
Check more details about the card here.
The BYOC and the EMI Credit Cards are targeted at different segments of people and can benefit you a lot if chosen wisely. The BYOC Credit Card is a great option for those who want to earn cashback and other benefits as per their choice. It also gives them an opportunity to change their plans whenever it is required. On the other hand, the EMI Credit Card would be a suitable choice for those who don’t believe in paying for large purchases all at once, but EMI seems to be a more convenient payment method for them. So, if you are among any of these categories of people, you can get one of these cards and enjoy its privileges.