The Standard Chartered Bank has now become a well-known credit card issuer in India and lots of individuals trust the products & services of the bank. The SCB offers a good number of credit cards targeted at different segments of people with different spending behaviours. Recently, the bank discontinued the co-branded Emirates Skywards Credit Card, which was one of the best travel based of the bank. The decision was quite disappointing for some individuals, but they don’t need to worry anymore as the card issuer has launched another co-branded travel credit card named Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card in partnership with the popular travel-based website, EaseMyTrip.
This card is quite affordable and provides its customers with up to 20% discounts on travel-related bookings, and many more travel benefits including complimentary lounge access. Apart from this, the cardholders get a decent reward rate on all their spends and accelerated points on selected categories. For detailed information on this card, keep reading the article:
Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card
The Standard Chartered EaseMyTrip Credit Card is a co-branded travel card that comes with a nominal annual fee of Rs. 350. Along with regular reward points for all the spends, the cardholders get accelerated rewards and additional discounts on selected categories. Moreover, the card also offers complimentary lounge access, a spend-based annual fee waiver, and several more benefits, which is quite a good deal with such an affordable annual fee. The detailed features and benefits of this co-branded credit card are mentioned below:
- Reward Rate: The cardholders get 2 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 100 and 10 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent on booking tickets at standalone hotels & airline websites/outlets/apps. Here, 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25.
- Discount on Travel-Related Bookings: The cardholders get a 20% discount on hotel bookings and a 10% discount on flight bookings via the EaseMytip website/app. Moreover, they can avail of a flat Rs. 125 discount on bus bookings worth a minimum of Rs. 500. (all these benefits can be availed by using the promo code EMTSCB). The maximum cap on the discount on different categories is as follows:
– Maximum discount on domestic hotel bookings: Rs. 5,000.
– Maximum discount on international hotel bookings: Rs. 10,000.
– Maximum discount on domestic flight bookings: Rs. 1,000.
– Maximum discount on international flight bookings: Rs. 5,000.
- Lounge Access: The EaseMyTrip SCB Credit Cardholders get 1 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter and 2 complimentary international lounge access every year.
- Spend-Based Waiver: The annual fee of Rs. 350 gets waived off if the cardholders achieve an annual spend of Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
This co-branded credit card launched by Standard Chartered Bank seems to be very beneficial for frequent travellers who want to get a card with travel benefits at an affordable annual fee. Most travel-based credit cards charge a higher annual fee compared to this one and it is one of the biggest advantages of the EasyMyTrip SCB Credit Card. The cardholders can not only get accelerated rewards on travel bookings, but they can also avail of additional discounts & complimentary lounge access. All these features of this card make it worth trying for everyone who travels often. If you are one of them, you should go for this card without any further delay. Also, if you have any additional queries or doubts regarding this credit card, feel free to ask us in the comment section below!