SBI AURUM Credit Card and HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card are super-premium credit cards launched by SBI Bank and HDFC Bank respectively. These credit cards are metal credit cards and are quite classy in appearance. These credit cards provide top-notch benefits to their members and give neck-to-neck competition to each other. Being a premium credit card, the SBI AURUM Credit Card provides cardholders with exclusive benefits in the form of accelerated reward points, complimentary membership, and subscriptions to various popular applications such as Amazon Prime, Zomato Pro, Discovery Plus, BB Star, and Eazydiner Prime. This card also provides cardholders with welcome benefits in the form of huge reward points. As travel benefits, the card gives the cardholders unlimited access to airport lounges. The reward points earned can be redeemed on the dedicated AURUM rewards portal. This credit card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 10,000 which although is on the higher side but is quite justified when we see the rewards and benefits that this card brings along with it.
On the other hand, the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card is also a super-premium credit card offering a wide variety of unmatched benefits to its members. HDFC Bank launched this credit card targeting high-net-worth individuals who would like to have a luxurious lifestyle and avail of various travel benefits. The benefits such as 24×7 concierge benefits, access to premium golf destinations, exclusive dining benefits at the premium restaurants, etc come with this credit card. This card offers a low foreign currency markup fee which is very beneficial for those who travel internationally quite often. Additionally, this card offers higher reward points on the amount that you spent using this credit card. The joining fee for this credit card is placed at Rs. 12,500 which is quite high but will be affordable by those who have a stable and strong financial status and would like to enjoy the premium benefits of the credit card.
Both the credit cards i.e., SBI AURUM Credit Card and HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card are exclusive credit cards designed for the high net worth individuals that provide premium benefits to the cardholders. Though these cards might look similar to each other in terms of the features and benefits that these cards provide but are different as well. Following are the detailed features and benefits of the individual cards to better understand them.
SBI AURUM Credit Card
A high-end credit card by SBI, SBI AURUM Credit Card is one of the premium credit cards offering amazing welcome benefits, reward points, and complimentary subscriptions to various popular applications. The cardholder will also get complimentary visits to airport lounges across the world. This card also offers a low foreign currency markup fee which allows the cardholders to save a lot while being on an international trip. The SBI AURUM Credit Card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 10,000 which can be waived on the basis of the amount spent using the credit card. Following are the detailed features and benefits of this credit card-
- As a welcome benefit, the cardholders will get a huge 40,000 Reward Points worth Rs. 10,000 on the successful payment of the joining fee of the credit card. (4 Reward Points = Re.1)Additionally, the cardholders will also get 6 months complimentary subscription to the following famous applications –
- Zomato Pro
- Eazydiner Prime
- Amazon Prime
- Discovery Plus
- Lenskart Gold
- With the SBI Aurum Credit Card, the cardholder will get 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on all transactions using this credit card.
- The cardholders will get 4 movie tickets in a month through BookMyShow. The maximum value of one movie ticket is capped at Rs. 250. A maximum of 2 movie tickets can be booked in a single transaction.
- You get 4 complimentary visits per quarter to the domestic airport lounges under Visa/MasterCard domestic lounge program.
- The cardholders will get unlimited access to the international airport lounges under the Dreamfolks Airport Lounge Program.
- You also get benefits while you cancel your flight tickets. You get a cover of Rs. 3,500 per ticket on cancellation of refundable tickets and Rs. 3,000 per ticket on cancellation of non-refundable tickets. This benefit can be availed twice in a year.
- The cardholders will also get the following milestone benefits –
– TataCliq voucher worth Rs. 1,500 on the monthly expenditure of Rs. 1 Lakh.
– LUXE voucher worth Rs. 5,000 on spending Rs. 5 Lakh in a year.
– Taj voucher worth Rs. 10,000 on annual spends of Rs. 10 Lakhs in a year.
- This credit card charges a low foreign currency markup fee of 1.99% of the total transaction amount.
- The annual fee of Rs. 10,000 of the SBI Aurum Credit Card will be waived off on spending Rs. 12,00,000 in an anniversary year using this credit card.
- You also get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on all fuel transactions at all fuel stations in India.
- The rewards earned with this credit card can be redeemed against a variety of gift vouchers, flight bookings, and hotel reservations at the dedicated AURUM rewards portal.
- For redemption purposes, 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25.
HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card
The Infinia Credit Card by HDFC Bank is a top-end credit card that has recently been launched in the metal edition which gives this credit card a majestic look. This card has been curated to target high-net-worth individuals providing them with the top-notch services that they want to have a luxurious lifestyle. The cardholders get exclusive welcome benefits, high reward points, complimentary visits to the domestic and international airport lounges, 24×7 concierge services, and much more. This credit card also offers a foreign currency markup fee of 2% which is quite less compared to the standard rate of 3.5%. The annual fee of the HDFC Infinia Credit Card is Rs. 12,500. The annual fee can be waived off the basis of the amount you spend using the credit card in an anniversary year. Following are the details and benefits of this credit card –
- As a welcome benefit to the credit card, the cardholder will get a complimentary membership to Club Marriot for one year. With this, the cardholders will get a 20% discount on dining bills for a maximum of 10 guests. A 20% off on the best available rates at participating Marriott hotels in India and on Weekend Rates in the Asia Pacific Region.
- The cardholders will also get generous 12,500 reward points once they have successfully paid the joining fee of the credit card.
- 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent with this credit card on all transactions except fuel.
- The cardholders can get accelerated reward points while spending on travel and shopping categories on the SmartBuy portal.
– 10x Reward Points while spending on hotel, flight, and bus ticket bookings.
– 5x Reward Points while shopping through Amazon or while booking railway tickets.
– 3x Reward Points while shopping through Flipkart.
- The cardholders get unlimited visits to the domestic and international airport lounges all across the world with Priority Pass Membership.
- You also get a complimentary one-night stay at the partnered ITC hotels if make a booking for a 2-nights stay.
- Under the Good Food Trial program, the cardholders get a complimentary Dineout Passport Membership. With this, the cardholders get –
– 1+1 buffet on weekends at the participating ITC hotels.
– 1+1 on food and drinks at the selected restaurants.
– 1+1 buffet at 200+ restaurants.
– A guaranteed discount of 25% at the 2000+ premium restaurants.
- The cardholders also get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on all fuel transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 1,00,000 at all fuel stations in India. The surcharge amount is capped at a maximum of Rs. 1,000 per month.
- You get unlimited complimentary golf games at the leading golf courses in India and selected golf courses around the world.
- The HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card offers a low foreign currency mark-up fee of 2% compared to 3.5% for the other credit cards in the market.
- You get the following insurance covers with this credit card –
|Accidental Air Death||Rs. 3 Crores|
|Credit Liability||Rs. 9 Lakhs|
|Medical Emergency Cover||Up To Rs. 50 Lakhs|
|Credit Shield||Rs. 9 Lakhs|
- The annual fee of Rs. 12,500 of the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card will be waived off if an amount of Rs. 10 Lakhs is spent using the credit card in the previous year.
- The cardholders will not get a bonus of 10,000 Reward Points if the annual fee on the credit card is waived off.
- The Reward Points earned with this credit card can be redeemed on the SmartBuy portal or via Netbanking.
|Against hotel/flight bookings, DTH Recharges, etc on SmartBuy||1 RP = Re. 1|
|Against AirMiles||1 RP = 1 AirMile|
|Against Products or Vouchers||1 RP = Rs. 0.50|
|Against Apple and Tanishq vouchers on SmartBuy||1 RP = Re. 1|
|Against Cashback||1 RP = Rs. 0.30|
Now that we have discussed the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between SBI AURUM Credit Card and HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card –
|Basis||SBI AURUM Credit Card||HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
The SBI AURUM Credit Card and the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card are quite high-end credit cards and are specially designed for the elite section of the society providing them with top-notch benefits and a luxurious lifestyle. The SBI AURUM Credit Card is a metal credit card giving the card a classy look. This card provides various exclusive benefits to cardholders starting from huge welcome benefits, travel benefits, etc. This card also provides cardholders with complimentary access to domestic and international airports, milestone benefits, dining, and movie benefits. Although the joining and renewal fee of this credit card is quite high but is justified with respect to the benefits that this card provides. On the other hand, the HDFC Bank Infinia Credit card is also a metal credit card that gives the card an elegant look. This card provides you with complimentary membership to various famous applications as a joining benefit to this credit card.
Apart from this, the credit card provides the cardholders with a complimentary Good Food Trail Program with which cardholders can enjoy various dining benefits. Additionally, you also get unlimited access to the domestic and international airport lounges and access to golf courses as well. The joining fee of this credit card is even more than the SBI AURUM Credit Card but the features that this card provides are more than that of the AURUR Credit Card. Because the joining and annual fees of these credit cards are on the higher side, they will be affordable to the premium section of society who have a high and stable source of income. Individuals can choose among the two on the basis of their needs and spending pattern.
For any more queries related to these cards, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!
Tanishq vouchers are also priced at 0.5 reward rate. And I didn’t see any Apple vouchers on SMARTBUY.