Kotak Mahindra Bank, a well-known bank & credit card issuer, has recently launched a super premium credit card named, Kotak Bank White Reserve Credit Card. The card comes with a wide range of exclusive privileges across different categories including travel, dining, and much more. With the launch of this card, the bank wants to compete with the likes of HDFC Infinia Metal Editon, Axis Bank Magnus, and many other card premium cards that are available in the market. The card is targeted at high net worth individuals who believe in having a luxurious life with maximum saving opportunities.
Unlike most other credit cards in India, this card offers rewards in the form of White Passes that the cardholders earn on achieving several spend milestones. Other advantages of the White Reserve Card include complimentary lounge access, club Marriott membership with the best lifestyle privileges, and a lot more. To know more about the card and its detailed features, keep reading the article:
Kotak Bank White Reserve Credit Card
Kotak Bank White Reserve Card is now is most premium card offered by the bank. It comes with a joining and annual fee of Rs. 12,500, which can be waived from 2nd year on spending 10 lacs in a year. The card rewards its customers in the form of White Passes, which they earn on achieving the stipulated milestone spend. On the basis of their total annual spends, the cardholders can earn up to 2.5 lakh white passes (equivalent to Rs. 2.5 lakhs) if you spend Rs 1 Crore every year. The following are the detailed features and benefits of the Kotak Bank White Reserve Card:
- Rewards: The cardholders can earn White Passes worth up to Rs. 2.5 lakhs annually on achieving the milestone spend as follows:
Minimum spend required (within an anniversary year) Value of white Pass earned Cumulative value of the white pass earned Rs. 3 Lakhs Rs. 5,000 Rs. 5,000 Rs. 10 Lakhs Rs. 15,000 Rs. 20,000 Rs. 20 Lakhs Rs. 22,000 Rs. 42,000 Rs. 30 Lakhs Rs. 24,000 Rs. 66,000 Rs. 40 Lakhs Rs. 26,000 Rs. 92,000 Rs. 50 Lakhs Rs. 28,000 Rs. 1,20,000 Rs. 75 Lakhs Rs. 63,000 Rs. 1,83,000 Rs. 1 Crore Rs. 67,000 Rs. 2,50,000
- Reward Redemption: The white passes earned through this card are redeemable against various options including travel bookings, shopping, gift vouchers including Amazon, etc via www.kotakbankwhite.com at a rate of 1 White Pass = Re. 1. However, for redemption against cashback, the monetary value of 1 White Pass = Re. 0.70.
- Lounge Access: The primary, as well as add-on cardholders, get unlimited complimentary airport lounge access to domestic as well as international airports.
- Foreign Markup Charges: A foreign markup fee of 2% is charged which is comparable to other premium credit cards.
- Complimentary Club Marriott membership: Get complimentary Club Marriott membership that is applicable at over 1,000 restaurants and 350 Marriot hotels in the Asia Pacific region. With this membership, the cardholders get access to up to 50% discount on dining and up to 30% off on hotel stays across several participating restaurants and hotels in the Asia Pacific.
- Concierge Services: Get additional concierge services including dining table reservations at some of the finest hotels across the world, exciting deals on travel, and many more.
Being a super premium credit card targeted at high net worth individuals, the Kotak White Reserve Credit Card comes with an annual fee of Rs. 12,500. It has been launched by the bank with an aim to provide its customers with the best ever lifestyle privileges. One of the features of this card is that it offers unlimited free lounge access not only to the primary cardholders but to supplementary cardholders as well which is currently provided on selected cards only. On the other hand, we think the bank could have improved the rewards structure. Instead of milestones, a flat %age reward structure is better. Also to get 2.5% rewards you need to spend 1 Cr which is very steep.