The bank IDFC FIRST is a recent financial institution which has entered the credit card market with the launch of 4 of its credit cards in the market. These credit cards come with a host of benefits and privileges on spendings made using these credit cards. The IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card extends a wide variety of offers and benefits to its customers. This card welcomes you with great welcome benefits, cashback as well on your purchases made using your credit card. Along with this, you are also entitled to travel benefits such as complimentary visits to airports and railway lounges. You also get amazing offers on booking movie tickets using your credit card. This card also provides some other benefits such as insurance benefits, dining benefits, fuel surcharge waiver, and much more.
IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card is a super premium credit card that has been launched by the bank to provide some great benefits and rewards to its customers. This card by IDFC FIRST Bank does not charge any joining or renewal fee from its customers but provides great deals and offers, including welcome benefits, complimentary golf rounds, complimentary lounge access, insurance covers, etc. Additionally, it provides you with movie benefits as well by providing you discounts on booking your movie tickets. Additionally, this card charges a low foreign currency markup fee on all your international transactions that can help you in your savings a lot while traveling.
Both the credit cards by IDFC FIRST Bank provide premium benefits without charging any joining fee from its customers and give tough competition to its competitors already existing in the market. Continue to read the article for more knowledge about the features and benefits that the individual card provides in detail:-
IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card
The IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card by IDFC FIRST Bank is a decent credit card that provides some exciting benefits to the cardholders for dining, entertainment and travel purposes. The card helps the cardholders to earn reward points on all expenses which are further redeemable against the vouchers and products available on the Poshvine Reward Portal. Along with all these, this card also provides welcome benefits and insurance benefits to its members. This card does not charge any joining and renewal fees. Below mentioned are the detailed features and benefits which are offered by this credit card –
- The cardholder will get a welcome benefit in the form of a gift voucher worth Rs. 500. You will be eligible for this gift voucher only when you spend Rs. 15,000 using the card in the initial 90 days of issuance.
- You will also get a cashback of 5% (up to Rs. 1,000) on EMI transactions done using this credit card within 90 days of the date of card issuance.
- You will get 10x Reward Points on every Rs. 125 spent on purchases above Rs. 25,000.
- Earn accelerated rewards of up to 10x Reward Points on every Rs. 125 spent on your birthday using this credit card.
- You are entitled to 6x Reward Points on every Rs. 125 spent on online transactions below Rs. 25,000.
- You will get 3x Reward Points on every Rs. 125 spent using your credit card for offline transactions below Rs. 25,000
- 1x = 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 125 spent. The Reward Points are not applicable on transactions related to fuel, insurance, EMI, and cash withdrawals.
- You get one free ticket (up to Rs. 250) on purchasing one movie ticket via Paytm mobile application using this credit card. This offer is valid twice a month.
- The cardholders are entitled to get a discount of up to 20% while dining at 1500+ partnered restaurants.
- The IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card customers are entitled to get a maximum discount of 15% at 3000+ Health and Wellness Outlets.
- You get 4 complimentary lounge access per quarter at selected airports in India.
- Apart from airport lounge access, you get 4 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter at railway stations in India.
- You get complimentary roadside assistance worth Rs. 1,399.
- This card provides you with multiple insurance covers such as Travel Insurance Cover, Personal Accident Cover, Lost Card Liability Cover, Loss of Checked-in Baggage, Delay in Checked-in Baggage, Loss of Passport, and Delay in Flight.
- This card offers you 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions at all petrol stations in India. The waiver is max capped at Rs. 300 in a month.
- The IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card offers the lowest foreign currency markup fee of 1.99%.
- The reward points that you have earned can be redeemed at the Poshvine Reward Portal against a variety of products and vouchers. For redemption 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card
IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card is a premium credit card designed for the premium section of the society who love to enjoy luxuries while using their credit card. With Zero joining and renewal fee, this card not only provides exciting reward points but also provides various value-added benefits such as domestic and international lounge access, golf rounds, movie and dining benefits, etc. as complimentary feature. Following are the detailed benefits of the IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card:-
- As a welcome gift, the cardholder gets gift vouchers worth Rs. 500 on achieving spends of Rs. 15,000 in the first 90 days of card issuance. The cardholder is also entitled to a cashback of 5% on the first EMI transaction made using this credit card in the first 90 days of card issuance.
- You get rewarded with 10x Reward Points on all the expenses exceeding Rs. 30,000.
- You are entitled to 6x Reward Points on online expenses up to Rs. 30,000.
- You get 3x Reward Points on all offline purchases up to Rs. 30,000.
- You will get 10x Reward Points on all expenditures made using your credit card on your birthday.
- Here, 1x Reward Point = 1 Reward Point per Rs. 100. The Reward Points are not applicable on transactions related to fuel, insurance, EMI, and cash withdrawals.
- You get 1 movie ticket free on the purchase of 1 movie ticket while booking your tickets via Paytm movies. You can avail this benefit up to 2 movie tickets in a month amounting to Rs. 500 each.
- You can enjoy dining at luxurious partnered restaurants by enjoying a discount of 20% on your dining bills while paying through IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card.
- With this credit card, the cardholder gets 4 complimentary domestic and international lounge access every quarter under the Dreamfolks Lounge Program.
- The cardholder is also entitled to 4 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter.
- You can also enjoy 1 complimentary spa visit in a quarter.
- With the IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card, the cardholder gets a complimentary golf round for every Rs. 20,000 spent in the previous month. The golf rounds are capped at a maximum of 2 rounds in a month.
- The card provides you with multiple travel-related insurances such as Air Accident Cover, Loss of check-in baggage, Delay of check-in baggage, Loss of passport or other documents, and flight delay.
- The cardholders get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on all fuel transactions across all the fuel stations in India. The waiver amount is capped at a maximum of Rs. 400 in a month.
- The IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card offers you quite a low foreign currency mark-up fee of 1.5% which helps you save a lot on all your international transactions.
- The reward points earned with this credit card can be redeemed for various products and vouchers available at the Poshvine Reward Portal. For redemption purpose, 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
Now that the features of both the cards have been discussed separately, let us now focus on a quick comparison between both the cards –
|IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card
|IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver
|Railway Lounge Access
Both these credit cards by IDFC FIRST Bank are decent credit cards and are very much in sync with the others present in the market to give a tough competition to them. With zero joining and renewal fees, these cards provide amazing reward points, low-interest rates, and premium travel benefits. Accelerated reward points and low foreign currency markup fees are the most attractive features of these credit cards. Though these credit cards seem quite similar to each other, there are quite a few differences that differentiate these cards from each other. The IDFC FIRST Wealth Credit Card has an upper hand over the IDFC FIRST Select Credit Card in terms of the rewards and benefits that these cards provide. The major difference might occur in the eligibility criteria of these cards. As the IDFC First Card is the more premium one, it might require a higher annual income credit score compared to the Select Credit Card. So, just make sure to check for the eligibility criteria of these cards before making a final decision.