ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card is an entry-level credit card that provides card members with reward points while they shop using their credit cards. This card is quite suitable for those applicants who just want to earn reward points using their credit card and are not concerned about enjoying any major value-added benefits. With this credit card, you can also earn reward points while spending on insurance and utility-related spends as well. Apart from this, you will also get a fuel surcharge waiver at all HPCL fuel stations in India. The cardholders will also get discounts on dining bills while they pay using this credit card. The major attraction to this credit card is that the cardholders do not have to pay any joining and renewal fees on this credit card to enjoy the benefits that come along with it.
On the other hand, the Amazon Pay Credit Card by ICICI Bank is a co-branded credit card for which Amazon India and ICICI Bank entered into a collaboration on the Visa Platform. This card has become quite popular in the market, especially amongst people who frequently shop online. This card offers amazing cashback to Amazon Prime members while they make their purchases on the Amazon website or mobile application. This card provides you with Amazon Pay Cashback which is credited into your Amazon Pay Balance. It not only benefits the prime members but the non-prime members can also enjoy a cashback of 3% on their purchases through Amazon. You will also get a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% while you pay for fuel transactions using this credit card. Without charging any joining or renewal fee, this card offers great cashback deals to all its customers.
Both the credit cards by ICICI Bank are decent credit cards that provide some amazing features to the applicants who have just entered the field of banking. Keep reading the article to know more about credit cards in detail so that you have a better understanding of the same and it becomes easier for you to choose between the two!
ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
The Platinum Chip Credit Card by ICICI Bank is an entry-level credit card, with which, the cardholders can earn decent reward points while you make regular spends using the credit card. Additionally, this card also provides amazing discounts on your dining bills, and on the other hand, it lets you earn reward points on insurance-related spends as well. This card also allows the cardholders to save on their fuel transactions specifically at the HPCL fuel stations. The reward points earned with this credit card can be redeemed against a variety of options present on the website and can also be redeemed against cash. This card comes with 0 joining fees and 0 annual fees. The following are the features that this card brings along with it –
- The cardholders will get 2x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent while they spend using their credit card on all retail transactions.
- You can earn 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on all spends related to insurance and utilities.
- The credit cardholders can enjoy the delicate cuisines as they can enjoy a 15% discount on their dining bills under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program while they pay bills using the ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card.
- Enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all HPCL fuel stations in India on a maximum transaction of Rs. 4,000.
- The reward points earned with this credit card can be redeemed against a variety of products and gift vouchers available on the website.
- The earned reward points can also be redeemed for cash.
- For the purpose of redemption, 4 Reward Points = Re. 1.
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
The Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card resulted from the partnership between ICICI Bank and Amazon Ltd. It has become the first choice credit card for applicants who are Amazon Prime members as well as this card provides a higher cashback while shopping on Amazon. The non-prime members will get a little lesser cashback while they spend on Amazon. It has become a popular cashback credit card as this credit card provides some exclusive deals to the credit cardholders without charging any joining and renewal fee from them. Not only this, it also provides you with amazing welcome benefits, discounts on your dining bills, etc. Following are the detailed features and benefits that come along with this credit card –
- The cardholder is rewarded with an Amazon Pay Balance of Rs. 300 to Rs. 600. This Amazon Pay Balance as a welcome gift keeps on changing.
- The Amazon Prime members will get a cashback of 5% while they shop on Amazon India. This cashback of 5% will not be applicable to any other country-specific domain.
- The non-prime members will get a cashback of 3% on their purchases from Amazon India. This cashback will also not be applicable to any other country-specific domain.
- You will get a cashback of 2% for all the payments made for purchasing books, bill payments, mobile and DTH recharges, booking flights, movie or bus tickets, and loading the balance to Amazon Pay Wallet.
- You get 2% cash back on purchases made from 100+ partnered merchants with Amazon.
- 1% cashback on all other online and offline transactions except on the payments made towards fuel.
- With the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card, you can enjoy a minimum of 15% off on your dining bills at all the partnered restaurants under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program.
- The cardholder is entitled to a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions at all fuel stations in India. The maximum transaction towards fuel can be of Rs. 4,000
- Additionally, you get a 5% cashback on the first fuel transaction of the month. The transaction has to be a minimum of Rs. 2,000 and the maximum cashback that you will get in a month is Rs. 150.
- The reward points earned with the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card are automatically credited as Amazon Pay Balance into the Amazon Pay Wallet at the end of each payment cycle.
- 1 Reward Point = Re. 1 Amazon Pay Balance = Re. 1
- The Amazon Pay Balance can be used to make any type of purchase on Amazon or can be used to purchase any product from the partnered merchants who accept Amazon Pay as a payment method.
Read More: ICICI Bank Coral vs ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card: Which One Is Best?
Now that we have discussed about the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card and Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card –
|Basis||ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card||Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card|
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver||
ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card and Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card are decent credit cards that provide some great deals to card members. On one hand, the ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card lets you earn reward points while you spend on all retail categories including insurance and utility spends. Along with this, the cardholders will also get discounts on dining bills, and a fuel surcharge waiver. This credit card is a great option for those applicants who want to earn maximum benefits from a credit card but without paying any kind of joining and renewal fee on the credit card. On the other hand, the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card is a co-branded credit card that provides credit cardholders with cashback while they spend using these credit cards.
The Amazon Prime Members will get a cashback of 5% while they shop on the Amazon website or application while the non-prime members get a cashback of 3% while they shop on the Amazon website or application using the Amazon Pay Credit Card. Also, the cardholders will get a discount of 15% on the dining bills while dining at the partnered restaurants under the ICICI Bank Dining Delights program.
Both credit cards are quite basic credit cards and provide some exclusive features and benefits. Butt the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card will be quite suitable for those who shop frequently on Amazon while the other one is a generic credit card. The cardholders should identify their needs and spending pattern before applying for a credit card.
We have tried out best to explain the benefits and features of both credit cards but if there still exists any confusion, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!