When talking about basic ICICI Bank Credit Cards, the ICICI Bank Coral and ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card are among the most popular offerings by the bank. Both the cards are highly affordable and are targeted at people who are not having much experience in the field of credit cards. However, the Coral credit card comes with a few more advantages as compared to the Platinum Chip Card, but it charges a higher annual fee as well. The Platinum Chip Credit Card is a lifetime free card and comes with a decent reward program, whereas the Coral Credit Card comes with a nominal annual fee and provides its customers with some great benefits, including complimentary airport lounge access, exciting discount offers on dining, and many more.
When talking about the reward programs of the two cards, both of the cards earn you up to 2 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spend. So, there is not much difference between the cards when we consider their reward benefits. However, the Coral Credit Card also gives you an opportunity to earn up to 10,000 bonus Reward Points every year on achieving the spend milestone. Also, you can get the annual fee waived off every year (second year onwards) for this card and make it lifetime free for yourself. If you are looking for a basic credit card from the ICICI bank, you might be confused whether you should go with the Platinum Chip Card, which is lifetime free, or choose the Coral Credit Card that will charge you a nominal annual fee but will provide you with some exclusive benefits.
In this article, we will help you compare the two credit cards on the basis of different factors so that you can easily decide which one suits you the best. Go through all the information provided below in the article, compare the two cards carefully, and go with the one that fulfills most of your requirements with the least charges:
ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card
The ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card is one of the basic yet most popular offerings by the bank. It comes with an affordable joining/annual fee of Rs. 500 and provides its customers with an array of benefits across different categories. With this card, you can earn up to 4 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spend and you can redeem these points against an array of options of your choice. You can also earn up to 10,000 additional Reward Points every year on achieving the spend milestone. Moreover, you get complimentary airport lounge access to selected domestic airports. Talking about its entertainment benefits, you can avail of a 25% discount on movie tickets on BookMyShow & Inox two times every month. To understand the detailed benefits of the ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card, refer to the following points:
- 2 Reward Points on every retail spend of Rs. 100.
- 1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 100 on utility and insurance categories.
- 4 Reward Points on every online spend of Rs. 100 with the AmEx variant.
- You get 2,000 Reward Points on spending Rs. 2 lakhs within an anniversary year. After this, you get 1,000 points for every spend of Rs. 1 lakh within the same year. The maximum points under this milestone benefit are capped at 10,000 points.
- 1 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter on spending Rs. 5,000 or more in the previous quarter.
- 1 complimentary railway lounge access every quarter.
- A discount of 25% up to Rs. 100 on movie ticket bookings on BookMyShow & Inox every month.
- Up to 15% discount on dining with the ICICI Bank’s Culinary Treats Programme.
- Get the annual fee waived off by spending Rs. 1.5 lakhs or more in the previous year.
ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
The ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card is an entry-level card that comes with a zero annual fee and is targeted at individuals who are new to the credit card world. With a similar reward rate as the ICICI Coral Card, this card also earns you up to 2 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spend. However, you don’t get many additional privileges with this credit card, but it would be a great choice for those who want to start their credit journey with an affordable card with a decent reward rate. Following are the detailed features and benefits of the ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card:
- 2 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 spent on retail purchases.
- 1 Reward Point on every Rs. 100 spent on utility and insurance categories.
- Up to 15% discount on dining at various participating restaurants.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all HPCL fuel stations.
Comparison Between ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card & ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
|Benefits||ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card||ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card|
After comparing the ICICI Bank Coral & Platinum Chip Credit Cards, you might have come to a final decision. If you are still not able to make your mind, you should first note down what all benefits you want to have with a credit card. If you only want to earn rewards on all your spends or you only want a zero annual fee credit card, you can go with the ICICI Platinum Chip Card. But, if you are looking for other benefits like complimentary lounge access, discount offers on movies & dining, milestone benefits, etc, you should choose the ICICI Bank Credit Card. This is how you can analyze your spending habits and then choose a credit card accordingly. We hope that this comparison article helped you make the right decision. If you still have sort of doubts, you can freely ask us in the comment section below!