Kotak Mahindra Bank is a prime credit card issuer in the market that gives tough competition to the others present in the market. Credit cards by Kotak Mahindra Bank provide some exclusive benefits and rewards to cardholders. Not just reward points, but with a few credit cards, the cardholders are eligible to get cashback as well. The reward points are one of the main reasons why people use a credit card but these points will be of no use if the cardholders do not know the right time and method to redeem these credit card reward points. Now, these credit card points can be redeemed against various options such as products, gift vouchers, etc.
This bank offers generic, cashback, and co-branded credit cards, and the reward structure of each credit card is very different from the other. Hence, with so many different types of rewards, it sometimes becomes difficult for cardholders to understand the appropriate method and time for the redemption of credit card rewards. Also, the monetary value of the reward points is different for different credit cards. A cardholder should be well aware of all the available options to redeem these points. For example, in the case of co-branded credit cards, the cardholders get brand-specific reward points that can be redeemed to make purchases from that particular brand only. Some credit cards allow cardholders to redeem reward points against a credit card’s statement balance while others don’t. Therefore, with so many options available, it becomes very confusing for credit cardholders how should they redeem their credit card points. In this article, we will discuss in detail and help you understand how and where to redeem Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card Reward Points.
How to Redeem Reward Points?
Kotak Mahindra Bank has a dedicated rewards redemption portal which is known as Kotak Rewards. This is the place where Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Cardholders can smoothly redeem their credit card reward points. Credit cardholders get various options to redeem their reward points. These options include shopping, travel, gift vouchers, movie bookings, recharges, etc. But for the purpose of redemption, the monetary value of reward points against different categories would be different.
Kotak Mahindra Bank allows credit cardholders to earn generous reward points while they continue to shop using their credit cards. These reward points can be redeemed against various options such as products, vouchers, etc present on the Kotak Rewards website. There are several co-branded credit cards well for which you receive brand-specific reward points and then can be redeemed to purchase products or services of that particular brand only. Following are the various options against which the Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card Reward Points can be redeemed –
- The reward points earned with the credit cards can be redeemed against flights, hotel bookings, recharges, and various products on the dedicated website i.e., www.kotakrewards.com.
- Another method of redemption is Pay with Rewards. The reward points can be converted into currency at merchant outlets when you shop with your Kotak Credit Card.
- The reward points earned with the Kotak Mahindra Bank co-branded credit cards can be redeemed against purchases from the specific brand.
General Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Cards
Kotak Mahindra Bank issues various credit cards starting from basic to super-premium credit cards. The Kotak 811 Credit Card, Kotak Urbane Gold Credit Card, Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card, Kotak League Platinum Credit Card, etc are some of the most popular credit cards by Kotak Mahindra Bank and the redemption procedure of these credit cards is quite similar to each other. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to redeem the reward points earned with the general Kotak Mahindra Rewards Credit Card –
For online redemption
- The reward points that the cardholder has earned can be redeemed by logging in to www.kotakrewards.com.
- From the variety of options available on the website, i.e., gift vouchers, products, recharges, booking flights and hotels, etc, choose the option against which you would like to redeem your reward points.
- Proceed to check out once you have selected all the items and vouchers you want to purchase.
- Now you will have to enter all the required details including the details of your credit card and press the redeem button.
- The cardholders will hence receive an e-mail and a text message on their registered email id and mobile number with the confirmation of redemption.
- For the purpose of redemption, (except for Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card), 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25
- In the case of Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card, 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.1875
Using PayByPoints Method
- Another option to redeem the reward points is to PayByPoints. With this feature, the reward points are converted into currency at merchant outlets when you shop using your Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card. All you have to do is to shop for your favorite products and at the time of payment, request the cashier to redeem the reward points. You will have to pay the balance amount through cash or card. This method of redemption is applicable at partnered merchant outlets only.
- Here, for the purpose of redemption, 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
Co-Branded Travel Credit Cards
Apart from offering general rewards credit cards, Kotak Mahindra Bank also offers co-branded travel credit cards namely, 6E Rewards XL-Indigo Kotak Bank Card and 6E Rewards-Indigo Kotak Credit Card. Kotak Mahindra Bank had partnered with Indigo Airlines to launch these credit cards in the market. The cardholders earn 6E Rewards while using these credit cards and can be redeemed for booking Indigo flights. The cardholders can follow the below-mentioned steps to redeem the 6E Reward Points-
- Go to the official website of Indigo and log in to your account.
- Go to the ‘My Account Tab and select the ‘Redeem Now’ option.
- Enter your destination, boarding point, and travel date and hit the search button.
- From the options present on the screen, choose the one that best suits your requirements.
- Select the payment method (Points+Pay) to complete the transaction.
- For the purpose of redemption, 1 6E Reward Point = Re. 1 against Indigo bookings.
- The credit cardholders will have to pay a redemption fee of Rs. 99 + GST per redemption request.
Co-Branded Movie Credit Cards
Just like a co-branded travel credit card, Kotak Mahindra Bank partnered with PVR and launch 2 movie credit cards, namely, PVR Kotak Platinum Credit Card and PVR Kotak Gold Credit Card. The cardholders will get free movie tickets with these credit cards upon spending a specific amount through these credit cards in a month. You can redeem these free tickets in the following 2 ways –
- To claim the coupon code for free PVR movie tickets, the cardholders will have to send an SMS PVRKCC space first three letters of the month, for example, if the customer is claiming tickets for the month of August, he will have to send an SMS PVRKCC AUG, to 5676788 from your registered mobile number.
- These coupons can also be claimed through net banking by following the steps mentioned below –
– Visit the official website of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
– Login to your net banking account using your username and password.
– Go to the ‘Credit Cards’ section.
– Select the option ‘PVR Coupon Claim’ and claim your coupon code for free movie tickets.
Kotak Mahindra Bank White Credit Cards
Kotak White Reserve Credit Card and Kotak White Credit Card are the 2 credit cards by Kotak Mahindra Bank whose reward structure is quite different from the existing rewards structure. With these credit cards, the cardholders will get reward points in the form of White Pass Value once they start achieving the spend-based milestone. For example, with Kotak White Credit Card, the cardholders will not earn any White Pass Value if they spend any amount less than Rs. 2 Lakhs using their credit card. They will start earning White Pass Value once they cross the spending milestone of Rs. 2 Lakhs. Similarly, with Kotak White Reserve Credit Card, the credit cardholders will start earning White Pass Value once they cross the spending milestone of Rs. 3 Lakhs.
For the purpose of redemption of White Pass Value, Kotak Mahindra Bank has a different dedicated portal which is www.kotakbankwhite.com. The White Pass Value can be redeemed only on this portal. This value can be redeemed against an array of products which includes Gift vouchers for premium brands, Flights, Hotels, Philanthropy, and Curated travel expeditions by National Geographic. Moreover, the White Pass Value can also be redeemed for cash. All you have to do is follow the steps given below –
- Visit the official website www.kotakbankwhite.com
- Login to the website using your registered mobile number and authenticate it with OTP and the last 4 digits of your White Reserve Credit Card.
- From the website, select the options that you would like to redeem your White Pass Value against and keep adding them to your cart.
- Once done, proceed to check out and pay any outstanding balance using your White Credit Card.
Monterey Value of the White Pass –
- If the White Pass Value is redeemed against the products present on the website, then 1 White Pass Value = Re. 1
- If the cardholder redeems the White Pass Value for cashback, then 1 White Pass Value = Rs. 0.70
Note: The Reward Points that you earn with the Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Cards are valid for a period of 2 years from the date of accrual. You must make sure to redeem them within the stipulated time period if you wish to gain benefit from them.
Kotak Mahindra Bank offers a plethora of credit cards ranging from basic and entry-level credit cards to super-premium credit cards offering unmatched rewards and benefits to the card members. A credit cardholder should not only have concerns about earning reward points but should also have knowledge on how and when to redeem credit card points to gain maximum benefit from a credit card. Kotak Mahindra Bank has a dedicated separate portal named www.kotakrewards.com, wherein the cardholders can redeem the reward points against a wide range of products and vouchers that they have earned while making regular use of credit cards. Another method of redeeming reward points is by the PayByPoints method where the cardholders can use the reward points to pay at the partnered merchant outlets. The reward points earned with the co-branded travel credit cards can be redeemed against the brand-specific products only.
Also, the White Credit Cards by Kotak Mahindra Bank reward you with White Pass Value that can be redeemed on the dedicated www.kotakbankwhite.com against the products available on the website and also against cash. The monetary value of the reward points differs from card to card. Therefore, to gain the maximum benefit from credit cards, the cardholders should redeem the reward points after thoughtfully researching their monetary values. Furthermore, the credit cardholders should also know that these reward points come with an expiry date and the cardholders should redeem them before they expire.
If you have any kind of confusion related to this process, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!