If you are using a credit card, you would surely be aware of how important it is to make timely payments on your credit card bills. Credit Card issuers also understand the concerns of their customers and keeping the same in mind, they provide various options to make credit card bill payments. Even if one or two methods don’t work for a card user, they can always go for any other method at their convenience. These days, digital payments are taking over other modes of payment really fast and many people prefer UPI to pay their credit card bills. Other than this, paying the bills via a debit card is considered the second most convenient method. Though it has become easier to manage credit cards via internet banking, sometimes it may be challenging to find out step-by-step procedures to pay your bills. To help you out with the same, we are here with this article that makes you understand every step you need to follow in order to pay credit card bills using UPI or debit card:
Steps To Pay Credit Card Bills Using Debit Card or UPI
There are many ways to make credit card bill payments, but people find UPI or debit cards as the most convenient methods. If you also want to pay your credit card bill using any of these methods but don’t know how to do it, the following steps will help you understand the step-by-step procedure for the same:
Not every credit card issuer provides an option for credit card payment via UPI, but most of them do allow it. You can do it easily via internet banking or your bank’s mobile app by using the below-mentioned steps:
- Log in to your credit card internet banking account or mobile banking app.
- You will find the basic details about your credit card account on the home page itself.
- Find the option to make credit card bill payments.
- Enter the amount you need to pay (you can pay in full or partially).
- Then, you will have to select the payment method. Select UPI if the option is available and proceed further to pay the bill.
These steps may slightly vary for different card issuers, but the basic steps will be like this only. If you still find any difficulty, you can reach out to your credit card customer care and request them to assist you.
Using Debit Card
To make your credit card bill payment using a debit card, you will have to follow the same steps as mentioned above. Just one thing would be different and that is to select ‘debit card’ as a method. You can easily pay your credit card bill using any debit card, not necessarily needs to be the debit card from your credit card issuing bank. If you face any issues, you can call customer care or visit your nearest branch to get assistance from the bank officials.
Read More: How To Link RuPay Credit card on UPI
Other Methods For Credit Card Bill Payment
Other than the above-mentioned methods, there are many more ways to pay your credit card bills online as well as offline. The following are some of the most significant ways for your credit card bill payment:
- Billdesk: Major credit card issuers also have a separate bill desk page where credit cardholders can make their bill payments. You will just have to visit your respective card issuer’s bill desk page and make the payment with the method of your choice there.
- Through Paytm, Amazon pay, and MobiKwik: The financial service providing companies like Amazon Pay, Paytm, Cred, MobiKwik, etc, also provide you with an option to pay your credit card bill just in a few clicks. If you use any of these apps, you can easily find an option to pay your credit card bill.
- Through Cheque/Cash: You can visit your nearest branch if you want to make the bill payment offline. Just carry the required cash along with you and ask the bank officials to help you make your credit card bill payment. However, this is one of the least preferred methods as it is very much time taking.
You can find detailed information about credit card bill payments for all major card issuers here.
There are so many different online as well as offline ways to pay your credit card bills and you can do it using any of these methods. As missing credit card payments can be very harmful to your credit score, an additional piece of advice here would be to set up automatic payments for your credit card. By doing this, you will never miss your payments and it will help you build a good credit profile. Just make sure to use your card responsibly and wisely always. If you have any additional doubts, you can freely ask us in the comment section below!