A credit card can prove to be helpful in a situation where you are not carrying loads of cash to make your bill payments or in a situation where you can earn a good amount of reward points or cashback using your credit card. This plastic currency comes in very handy while living in a lifestyle where luxury and good living conditions are the basic needs. Having a good lifestyle in a metro city can prove to be quite expensive but with a credit card in your hand, these costs can be reduced.
Now managing credit cards is equally important as owning one. With the help of internet banking and mobile banking, this management has become so easy. Just with a click on the screen, you can view everything related to the credit card whether it is the credit card statement, paying your credit card bills, details of the unbilled transactions, and much more. It becomes even more convenient when you link your bank account to your credit card. Now in this article, we shall discuss how we can link our credit cards to our bank accounts –
How to link a credit card to a bank account?
Linking your accounts makes it possible for you to make transactions between these accounts electronically. You will not have to visit a bank branch or an ATM to complete the transactions such as bill payments, statement requests, etc. Where you might not have an access to your credit card but if you have linked it to your bank account, you can have all details on your phone with the mobile banking application of the particular bank.
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to link your credit card to your bank account –
- Login to the Net Banking of your respective bank
- On the home page, go to the ‘Credit Cards’ Tab
- Under the ‘Credit Cards’ Tab, click on the ‘Register New Card’ button
- You will then be required to enter all your card details such as card number, name on the card, expiry date, and CVV
- After entering all these details, click on the ‘Submit’ button
- After submitting, you will One Time Password (OTP) on your phone to verify your identity
- Enter the OTP and hit the ‘Submit’ button
In this way, you have successfully placed the linking request. However, the steps might vary to some extent for every card issuer, but it will be easier for you to link your card when you already know the basic steps. The bank takes almost 24-72 hours to verify your information and process your request. Upon successful verification, your linking request will be approved by your respective bank.
Benefits of linking a Credit Card to a Bank Account
By linking your credit card to your bank account, you can avail various benefits such as –
- Credit card offers – All the offers related to credit cards are posted on the bank’s net banking page. So, you can stay up to date on these offers by logging in to your net banking portal.
- Credit card bills – After linking your credit card to your bank account, you can very easily pay off your credit card bills. All you have to do is to log in to your net banking. Select the option of credit card bill payment. After entering the amount that you want to pay towards your credit card bill payment, the amount will be deducted from your account and credited to your credit card account.
- Limit Enhancement – You can place a request for credit limit enhancement through net banking. Furthermore, sometimes there may exist some pre-approved offers for credit limit enhancement in your net banking. You can just click on the approval and your credit limit will be enhanced.
- Credit Card Statement – Your credit card statement can be easily viewed through net banking. You can even view your previous statements as well.
Paying off credit card bills is one of the common problems that credit card users face because many times, they have their savings account in a different bank and their credit card with some other bank. Hence this results in complications of timely bill payments and missing out on due dates. Therefore, by linking your credit card to your bank account, you can view all the details such as bill due date, minimum payment amount, credit card statement, etc. And you can easily pay your credit card bills on time using net banking.