A cashback credit card by HFC Bank, HDFC Millennia Credit Card is very famous among the millennials of the society because of the cashback deals that this card provides to the card members especially when you shop on websites such as Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber, and Zomato because most of the spending these days by the young generation is on these websites only. This credit card also offers amazing vouchers in the form of welcome benefits and milestone benefits. In addition, the card members will also get complimentary access to the domestic airport lounges, discounts on dining bills, and fuel surcharge waivers as well. Placed at an annual fee of Rs. 1,000, this credit offers quite decent cashback deals to credit cardholders.
On the other hand, the ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card is an entry-level credit card that provides card members with reward points while they shop using their credit cards. This credit card is quite suitable for those applicants who just want to earn reward points using their credit card and are not concerned about enjoying any major value-added benefits. With this credit card, you can also earn reward points while spending on insurance and utility-related spends as well. Apart from this, you will also get a fuel surcharge waiver at all HPCL fuel stations in India. The cardholders will also get discounts on dining bills while they pay using this credit card. The major attraction to this credit card is that the cardholders do not have to pay any joining and renewal fees on this credit card to enjoy the benefits that come along with it.
Both the credit cards are decent credit cards and provide some exclusive deals to their customers. Apart from providing cashback and reward points to their customers, they also provide some other benefits such as complimentary lounge access, discount on dining bills, etc. Keep reading the article to learn more about the features and benefits of the individual cards so that it becomes easier for you to choose between the two cards.
HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card
With millennials, we mean the generation born after the 1990s. This credit card has been specially designed for the millennial generation who spend very frequently on online transactions. The cardholders will get higher cashback when they spend on some specific websites such as Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber, and Zomato and a cashback of 1% while you spend on offline spends. You will also get Cash Points when you pay the joining fee on the credit card. Also, the cardholders will get gift vouchers when on a quarterly basis when you achieve the milestone spends. Apart from the cashback, this card also provides you with domestic lounge access which makes it even more famous amongst the youngsters. Placed at an annual fee of Rs. 1,000 plus applicable taxes, this card comes with various features that are discussed in this article below –
- As a welcome benefit, the cardholders will receive 1,000 CashPoints once they have successfully paid the joining fee on the credit card.
- The cardholder gets to enjoy a cashback of 5% while shopping on online partner merchants – Amazon, BookMyShow, Zomato, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Uber, Myntra, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, and Sony LIV (capped at 1,000 points per statement cycle)
- 1% cashback on all online and offline spends including fuel (capped at 1,000 points per statement cycle)
- With the Dineout Passport Membership, the credit cardholders can enjoy a discount of up to 20% on their dining bills while dining at the partnered restaurants.
- The cardholders will get a gift voucher of Rs. 1,000 on spending Rs. 1 Lakh or above in each calendar quarter.
- With HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card, you get 8 complimentary domestic lounge access. (2 visits per quarter)
- The annual fee of Rs. 1,000 will be waived off on spending of Rs. 1,00,000 or more in the previous year.
- You are entitled to a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on a minimum and maximum transaction of Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000 respectively. (The surcharge waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per statement cycle)
- The CashPoints earned with HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card can be redeemed against various categories. The monetary value of the CashPoints against each category is mentioned below –
– If redeemed against products and vouchers present in the Products Catalogue, 1 CashPoint = Rs. 0.30.
– If redeemed against Flights and Hotels via SmartBuy Portal, 1 Cash Point = Rs. 0.30.
– If redeemed against AirMiles, 1 Cash Point = 0.30 AirMiles.
– If redeemed against Cash, 1 CashPoint = Re. 1
Check here: HDFC Millennia Credit card Review
ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
The Platinum Chip Credit Card by ICICI Bank is an entry-level credit card, with which, the cardholders can earn decent reward points while you make regular spends using the credit card. Additionally, this card also provides amazing discounts on your dining bills, and on the other hand, it lets you earn reward points on insurance-related spends as well. This card also allows the cardholders to save on their fuel transactions specifically at the HPCL fuel stations. The reward points earned with this credit card can be redeemed against a variety of options present on the website and can also be redeemed against cash. This card comes with 0 joining fees and 0 annual fees. The following are the features that this card brings along with it –
- The cardholders will get 2x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent while they spend using their credit card on all retail transactions.
- You can earn 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on all spends related to insurance and utilities.
- The credit cardholders can enjoy the delicate cuisines as they can enjoy a 15% discount on their dining bills under the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Program while they pay bills using the ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card.
- Enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all HPCL fuel stations in India on a maximum transaction of Rs. 4,000.
- The reward points earned with this credit card can be redeemed against a variety of products and gift vouchers available on the website.
- The earned reward points can also be redeemed for cash.
- For the purpose of redemption, 4 Reward Points = Re. 1.
Now that we have discussed about the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card and ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card –
|Basis||HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card||ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card|
|Reward Rate|| || |
|Reward Redemption|| || |
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver|| || |
|Welcome Benefits|| || |
|Milestone Benefits|| || |
|Lounge Visits|| || |
|Dining Benefits|| || |
|Joining Fee|| || |
|Renewal Fees|| || |
|Eligibility|| || |
HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card and ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card are decent credit cards that provide some great deals to card members. On one hand, where the HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card provides cashback in the form of CashPoints while you spend using your credit card and higher cashback while you spend on some specific websites such as Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, etc). A great attraction to this credit card is the high redemption rate of the CashPoints against Cash, i.e., adjustment against the card’s statement balance, i.e., 1 CashPoint = Re. 1. On the other hand, the ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card lets you earn reward points while you spend on all retail categories including insurance and utility spends.
Along with this, the cardholders will also get discounts on dining bills, and a fuel surcharge waiver. This credit card is a great option for those applicants who want to earn maximum benefits from a credit card but without paying any kind of joining and renewal fee on the credit card. But the HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card will be suitable for those members who spend frequently on online websites and you can get higher cashback while shopping on those websites. Therefore, before applying for a credit card, the applicant should analyze his spending pattern and then apply for a credit card that best matches his needs.
We have tried out best to explain the benefits and features of both the credit cards but if there still exists any confusion, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below!