HDFC Infinia Credit Card is arguably one of the best credit cards in the super-premium category in the Indian credit card market space. Axis Bank Magnus is another very attractive option in the super-premium segment, particularly so after the recently introduced milestone benefits. Both HDFC Infinia and Axis Bank Magnus Credit Cards come with an annual fee of Rs. 10,000 (the annual fee of Infinia Metal Edition Card is Rs. 12,500).
In this article, we will be doing a pointwise comparison between HDFC Infiinia Metal Edition Credit Card and Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card. Before comparing the two cards, it is a good idea to first go through the key features of both cards.
HDFC Infinia Metal Edition Credit Card
HDFC Infinia Metal Edition Credit Card is usually the first name that comes to mind when talking of credit cards in the super-premium category. Infinia Metal Edition Credit Card offers a reward rate of up to 3.3% on normal spends and comes with an annual fee of Rs. 12,500 (Infinia Credit Card was offered at an annual fee of Rs. 10,000 before the launch of the metal variant last year. Existing Infinia cardholders continue to enjoy the lower annual fee of Rs. 10,000 until they apply for the Metal variant). Some of the key features of HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card are as under-
- 12,500 Bonus Reward Points on joining the card membership, subject to realization of the membership fee.
- 5 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent with the card on all spends categories except fuel.
- 10x Reward Points on hotel bookings, 5x Reward Points on flight/bus ticket bookings, purchases from Apple store, and 3x Reward Points on spends on Flipkart via the SmartBuy. A daily max capping of 7,500 Reward Points and a monthly max capping of 15,000 Rewards Points is applicable on the Points earned via SmartBuy Portal.
- The Reward Points earned on the Infinia Credit Card are redeemable for AirMiles, products, shopping vouchers, or cashback. The reward redemption rate is as per the following table-
|Reward Points Redemption Rate|
|Hotel/Flight (SmartBuy)||AirMiles||Apple/Tanishq Vouchers||Products/Vouchers||Cashback|
|Re. 1||1 AirMile||Re. 1||Rs. 0.50||Rs. 0.30|
- Complimentary 1-year membership of the Club Marriott hotel loyalty program.
- Complimentary access to domestic/international airport lounges with Priority Pass membership worth USD 99 per annum for primary as well as add-on cardmembers.
- Unlimited complimentary access to some of the leading golf destinations across the world.
- 2+1 complimentary night stay at partner ITC hotels.
- 1+1 buffet offer on weekends at partner ITC hotels and an assured 25% discount at over 200 partner restaurants.
- Complimentary comprehensive insurance cover including overseas medical emergency cover, insurance against death in an air accident, credit shield, and a credit liability cover.
- 24×7 global concierge service for assistance regarding restaurant table bookings, hotel reservations and gift deliveries across the world.
- A lower foreign currency mark-up fee of just 2% of the transaction amount.
- The annual membership fee of Rs. 12,500 is waived off on an expenditure of a minimum of Rs. 10,000 in the preceding year.
- For more detailed information on the HDFC Infinia Metal Edition Credit Card, you may refer to our review of the card here.
- HDFC Infinia Credit Card is an invite-only offering. Therefore, no income-based eligibility criterion has been stipulated by the bank.
Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card
Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card is the most rewarding credit card currently available in the market in terms of the Reward Points benefit on normal spends. Magnus Credit Card comes with a membership fee of Rs. 10,000 per annum and can offer a reward rate of up to 6.2% if your monthly expenditure exceeds Rs. 1 lac. Some of the salient features of the Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card are as follows-
- A Tata CliQ voucher or a domestic flight ticket worth Rs. 10,000 as a welcome benefit on joining the card membership.
- 12 Axis Bank Edge Reward Points per Rs. 200 spent with the card and 5x Edge Reward Points on travel spends via the Edge Rewards Portal.
- 25,000 Bonus Edge Reward Points worth Rs. 5,000 as milestone benefit on a minimum monthly expenditure of Rs. 1 lac (recently introduced benefit effective from 1st Feb 2022).
- Axis Bank Edge Reward Points are redeemable for products and shopping vouchers from the Axis Bank EdgeRewards portal. 1 Edge Reward Point = Rs. 0.20.
- The EDGE Points are also transferable to partner Airlines and Hotels including Etihad Airways Club ITC, Marriott Bonvoy, Singapore Airlines, Spice Jet, and much more at the ratio of 5:4.
- Unlimited domestic airport lounge access and 8 complimentary international airport lounge access every year with a complimentary Priority Pass membership.
- BOGO offer on movie tickets booked via BookMyShow (a max discount of Rs. 500 on the second ticket).
- 25% discount at over 2,000 restaurants with complimentary Dine Out Passport membership.
- Complimentary medical benefits like medical concierge service with virtual health assistance, second opinion from medical practitioners and preventive health packages from leading pathology labs.
- A comprehensive insurance policy including an air accidental cover, purchase protection cover, credit shield cover, credit liability cover and lost/delayed baggage cover.
- A 24×7 concierge service for assistance regarding hotel/flight bookings, restaurant table reservations and gift deliveries.
- A lower markup fee on transactions made in a foreign currency, lower interest rate and zero cash withdrawal fee.
- The annual fee of Rs. 10,000 is waived off if a minimum of Rs. 15 lacs were spent with the card in the preceding year.
- You must have a minimum annual income of Rs. 18 lacs to be eligible or Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card.
Now that you have gone through all the key features of both HDFC Infinia and Axis Bank Magnus Credit Cards, it makes sense to compare the rewards and benefits of the two credit cards-
|HDFC Infinia Credit Card||Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card|
Also Check: HDFC Infinia Vs Diners black Credit Card
As you can see in the table above, both HDFC Infinia and Axis Bank Magnus Credit Cards offer best-in-class benefits the cardholders. If you are looking for a credit card in the super-premium segment that offers the highest reward rate (in terms of Reward Points) and you use your credit card a lot (minimum spends of Rs. 1 lac in a month), you should consider Axis Bank Magnus Credit Card as it offers a better reward rate if you spend a minimum of Rs. 1 lac with the card in a month.
On the other hand, if you want a credit card that offers premium travel and dining benefits apart from a decent reward rate. you can consider HDFC ‘s Infinia Credit Card as you get complimentary 2+1 night stays and 2+1 buffets at partner ITC hotels with the Infinia Card. On top of these benefits, you can always earn Reward Points at up to 10x reward rate on SmartBuy.
Suggested read: Everything you need to Know About HDFC SmartBuy