The Global Value Program is a service offered by HDFC Bank, which allows the HDFC Credit cardholders to get exciting rewards and deals on international transactions. The cardholders need to register for the program by paying a joining/renewal fee of Rs. 199 and the membership gets renewed every year automatically. Once registered for the GVP, the cardholders can earn cashback on all their international purchases and several other benefits. For detailed information about the HDFC Global Value Program, its validity, and terms and conditions, keep reading the article:
The Global Value Program
The HDFC Bank has come up with the Global Value Program (GVP) to provide its customers with exciting opportunities to earn rewards and save more on their international spends. Almost all the retail credit cards issued by HDFC Bank are eligible for the offer and they can avail of its benefits by registering for the program and paying the joining/annual membership fee. The cardholders need to pay a joining fee of Rs. 199 + applicable taxes to activate the offer on their credit card and the membership automatically gets renewed every year with an annual fee of Rs. 199. Following are some of the key features and benefits of the Global Value Program offered by HDFC Bank:
- Annual Fee: Rs. 199 plus GST.
- Activation Benefit: You get a welcome benefit of 500 bonus Reward Points on making your first international transaction after registering for the offer. This is only one time bonus and is valid only for the first year.
- Cashback: You get a cashback of 1% on all international transactions with your HDFC Bank Credit Card that has been registered for the offer. The maximum cashback under this offer is capped at Rs. 1,000 per statement cycle.
- Milestone Benefit: You get a Yatra voucher worth Rs. 2,000 if you have spent Rs. 1,50,000 or more on international purchases with your credit card. This benefit is applicable only once every year.
How To Avail The Offer?
The HDFC Bank Credit Cardholders can register for the offer by contacting HDFC Bank customer care and requesting the customer care executives to activate the offer on their credit card. The team will ask you if you have read all the terms and conditions and once you confirm, they will get it activated. The activation may take up to 5 business days and once it is completed, the cardholder will be informed via SMS/email on their registered mobile number or email address. Earlier there was an option to activate the service via SMS as well, but it seems the bank has removed the option now.
Terms and Conditions
- The HDFC Global Value Program is only applicable to retail and business credit cards, and not to corporate and commercial cards.
- The offer is not valid on transactions like cash withdrawal, balance transfer, balance transfer on EMI, cash on-call, etc.
- This offer can not be clubbed with any other ongoing offer on HDFC Bank Credit Cards.
- If you are having more than one HDFC Bank Credit Card, the spends on different cards can not be clubbed while calculating the total annual spends for milestone benefits.
- The offer would be renewed automatically every year. You need to call the bank to cancel the offer from your card.
- The HDFC Bank reserves the sole right to exclude any merchant/cardholder from the program at any time without prior notice.
- Transactions that have been cancelled or refunded will not be eligible for the offer.
- The offer is only valid for Indian residents and citizens holding HDFC Bank Credit Cards.
You can check the detailed terms and conditions of the offer here.
If you are having an HDFC Bank Credit Card, you can get rewarded on all your international transactions by registering your credit card for the exclusive Global Value Program. With a nominal annual fee of Rs. 199, cardholders can avail of all the benefits of the program. However, if you make international transactions rarely, this might not be a beneficial deal for you. But people who make international transactions very often should undoubtedly get their credit card activated for the program.
For Premium cards like HDFC Regalia, Diners Club Black or HDFC Infinia where forex markup charges are just 2%, this offer makes a lot more sense as you get 1% cashback on forex spends up to Rs 1 lac per month. So, before taking any further steps, just ensure to make the necessary calculations. Also, if you have any additional doubts regarding the program, you can freely ask us in the comment section below!