Marriott Bonvoy is the hotel loyalty program offered by the American hospitality giant Marriott International. The points offered under the program can be redeemed for hotel stays, dining, reservations, flight tickets, and other travel-related spends.
HDFC Bank and Marriott have joined forces to launch the co-branded Marriott Bonvoy HDFC Bank credit card. The card comes at a joining fee of Rs. 3000 plus taxes and is ideal for frequent travellers who are loyal Marriott clients. With the card, you get complimentary Marriott Silver Elite Status and can earn up to 4 free night awards on the basis of your spends.
Read on to know more about the co-branded Mariott Bonvoy HDFC Bank credit card and what it has to offer.
Features and Benefits
The following are the key features and benefits offered by the Marriott Bonvoy HDFC Bank credit card –
As welcome bonus and every time you get the card renewed, you get a 1 Free Night Award, valued at around 15,000 Points. The free night award is valid for up to 1 year at all hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program across the world. Remember that certain hotels charge separate resort fees when you claim the 1 free night award.
To redeem your free night award, you must make the booking via Marriott.com website or the mobile app, and must apply the e-certificate at the hotel. You can eve use up to 15000 points to extend your free award night’s value, and you can access more resorts and hotels across the 30 distinct brands under Marriott Bonvoy.
Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite Status
With the card, you get a complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status. Also, you get a fast track for upgrading to the Marriott Gold Elite Status along with 10 Elite Night credits every year.
Upto 3 Bonus Free Night Awards
Apart from the 1 free night award that you get as a welcome benefit, you can get an additional 3 free night awards upon reaching the target spend in the year. You get a 1 additional free night award on making eligible spends of Rs. 6 Lakhs, Rs. 9 Lakhs, and Rs. 15 Lakhs in the card anniversary year. The free night award is just for the primary cardholder and it is credited to your Marriott Bonvoy membership account within 8 to 12 weeks.
Accelerated Reward Points
- Earn 8 Marriott Bonvoy points per Rs. 150 spent on retail spends at all hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program. The accelerated reward points are credited up to a monthly threshold of Rs. 10 Lakhs after which the cardholder earns 2 points per Rs. 150 spent
- Earn 4 Marriott Bonvoy points per Rs. 150 spent on dining, travel, and entertainment categories. The accelerated reward points are credited up to a monthly threshold of Rs. 5 Lakhs after which the cardholder earns 2 points per Rs. 150 spent
- Earn 2 Marriott Bonvoy points per Rs. 150 spent on other eligible categories. On grocery spends, the cardholder will earn 2 points up to a monthly threshold of Rs. 1.5 Lakhs after which no reward points will be earned
The following categories are excluded from earning Marriott Bonvoy points – Fuel, Smart EMI spends, wallet reloads, prepaid, gift, and voucher purchases, cash withdrawals, payment of outstanding dues, payment of credit card fees and other charges, Government spends, and rental spends.
The cardholder gets Marriott Bonvoy points in their respective loyalty program and the earned points are credited to the account within 60 days of the eligible transactions. The points earned by the cardholder do not expire as long as there is qualifying activity in the past 2 years. This includes points earned via card spends, dining, hotel stays, other redemptions, etc.
Complimentary Airport Lounge Access and Golf Rounds
The card offers 12 complimentary domestic and 2 international airport lounge access per year, along with access to 24×7 concierge services. You also get membership to the Golf Program that offers 2 complimentary rounds and 2 lessons per quarter at top golf courses around the world.
The cardholder gets the following insurance benefits –
- Air Accident Cover – Rs. 10 Lakhs
- Delay or Loss of Check-In Baggage – $250
- Loss of passport and other travel documents – $250
- Delay in Flight – $250
- Emergency medical expenses – Rs. 15 Lakhs
- Credit Shield and Loss Liability Cover – Rs. 1 Lakhs each
Marriott Bonvoy HDFC Bank Credit Card – Eligibility Requirements
The following are the eligibility requirements that one must pass in order to be eligible for this credit card
- Salaried Indian citizens must be between 21 to 60 years of age, and must have a minimum monthly income of Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Self-Employed Indian citizens must be between 21 to 65 years of age, and must have an ITR of more than Rs. 15 Lakhs per year.
It takes around 3 to 5 business days for card approval and the card is delivered within 7 business days once the application is approved.
Marriott Bonvoy HDFC Bank Credit Card – Fees and Charges
The following are the fees and charges associate with the credit card –
- The joining and annual fees of the credit card is Rs. 3000 plus taxes
- The interest rate on the credit card is 3.6% per month
- The cash advance fee on the card is 2.5% of the transaction amount or Rs. 500, whichever is higher
- The forex markup fee on the card is 3.5% of the transaction amount
The cardholder receives the welcome benefits only after successfully paying the annual or joining fee of the card. Customers who received the card lifetime free or do not pay the joining fee will not receive the welcome benefits.
Marriott Bonvoy Program Membership Number Generation
Once the credit card is approved, the Membership Number is generated within 10 business days. After the Membership Number is generated, the cardholder receives an official communication by Marriott on the registered Email ID and phone number.
If the cardholder has an active Marriott Bonvoy membership linked to their email ID and phone number, and the same number is provided in the application form, then the credit card will be linked to the existing Membership Number and the earned reward points will be credited to this account. In case you do not provide an existing Membership Number, then you will be automatically enrolled and will receive a brand-new Membership Number. You get 30 days to merge both the membership accounts and the new Membership Number will become your primary account.
You will be asked during your credit card application if you have an existing Marriott Bonvoy account number. If you do not provide it, then you will be delivered your new Membership Number within 10 business days of the application approval. Check this link out to learn how to merge your two Marriott Bonvoy accounts into one.
Marriott International is among the world’s top hospitality firms with luxurious hotels and resorts under its umbrella all over the world. Its loyalty program Marriott Bonvoy is highly-rewarding and offers some great amenities and benefits to members.
HDFC Bank has partnered with Marriott to offer the Marriott Bonvoy HDFC Bank credit card that comes at a joining fee of Rs. 3000 plus taxes. The card is great for regular Marriott customers as you get a complimentary Silver Elite Status and up to 4 free award nights with the card. You can also enjoy accelerated reward points, airport lounge access, and several insurance benefits with the card.
Head over to the comments section to let us know your thoughts regarding the credit card and whether you plan on applying for it .