RBL Bank, in collaboration with Zomato, issues two credit cards named RBL Bank Edition Black Credit Card & RBL Bank Edition Classic Credit Card. Out of these, the RBL Edition Credit Card is superior to the other and comes with several extra privileges. But, it also charges an annual fee whereas the RBL bank Edition Classic Card is currently lifetime free. If you are someone who orders online food every often and want to have one of these cards, you may find it very confusing to decide which one should you pick. To help you out, we are here with this article where we will first discuss all the benefits of both cards separately and then we’ll compare the two cards on the basis of their charges and features. Go through the complete article to make the right decision and choose a card that suits you best.
RBL Bank Edition Black Credit Card
The RBL Bank Edition Black Credit Card comes with exclusive reward programs and other travel and lifestyle privileges. It is the superior one of the two cards that are issued by the bank in partnership with Zomato. Other than exciting offers on dining, this card provides its customers with other benefits in several categories, including travel, entertainment, fuel, etc. The easy and hassle-free reward redemption process makes the card even more attractive as the Edition Cash points can be redeemed against cashback as well. Read on to know all the features of the card in detail:
- Welcome benefit of complimentary Zomato Pro Plus membership.
- 10 Edition Cash on every Rs. 100 spent on Zomato and 2 Edition Cash on every Rs. 100 spent on food other than Zomato.
- 2 Edition Cash on every Rs. 100 spent online and 1 Edition Cash on every Rs. 100 spent elsewhere.
- The earned Edition cash can be redeemed for ordering food on Zomato
- 1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.
- Under the milestone program, you can earn 2,000 bonus Edition Cash every year on spending Rs. 5,00,000 or more in an anniversary year.
- You can get 1 complimentary movie ticket every month under the Buy 1 Get 1 Free on BookMyShow. The maximum price of the complimentary ticket is capped at Rs. 200 per ticket.
- You get complimentary access to 2 domestic airport lounges every quarter.
- You get complimentary Priority Pass membership with 2 complimentary international lounge access every year.
- A low foreign currency transaction fee of 1.5% only.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000.
- The annual fee of Rs. 1,499 is waived off if you spend Rs. 2.5 lakhs in the previous anniversary year.
RBL Bank Edition Classic Credit Card
The RBL Bank Edition Classic Credit Card is a basic version of the RBL Bank Edition Credit Card, which has been mentioned above. However, it also comes with a decent reward rate and targets low-income individuals. It allows its customers to unlock exciting dining deals with the Zomato Pro membership, which gets renewed every year. You can earn Edition Cash not only on dining but on other spends as well with the RBL Bank Edition Classic Credit Card. To know more features of this card, refer to the following points:
- You get a welcome bonus of 500 Edition Cash, which is equivalent to Rs. 500.
- Complimentary Zomato Pro membership that gets renewed every year.
- You get 5 Edition Cash on every Rs. 100 you spend on Zomato.
- You get 1.5 Edition Cash on every Rs. 100 you spend online and on other food purchases.
- The earned Edition Cash can be redeemed for food purchases on Zomato.
- 1 Edition Cash is equal to Re. 1.
- You can earn 2,000 bonus Edition Cash every year on spending Rs. 2 lakhs or more in an anniversary year.
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver for all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 & Rs. 4,000.
RBL Bank Edition Black Credit Card vs RBL Bank Edition Classic Credit Card
The following table will help you compare the two cards on the basis of all the features provided by them and the charges on the cards. Check for all the benefits carefully and decide which one will be the right pick for you:
|Features||RBL Bank Edition Credit Card||RBL Bank Edition Classic Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 1,499||Nil|
|Interest Rate||3.99% per month||3.99% per month.|
|Welcome Benefits||Complimentary Zomato Pro Plus membership||Complimentary Zomato pro membership500 bonus Edition Cash|
10 Edition Cash on every Rs. 100 spent on Zomato
2 Edition cash on every other spend of Rs. 100 on food and online purchases.1 Edition cash on every other spend of Rs. 100.
5 Edition Cash on every Rs. 100 spent on Zomato
1.5 Edition cash on every other spend of Rs. 100 on food and online purchases.1 Edition cash on every other spend of Rs. 100.
|Reward Redemption||The Edition Cash can be used to purchase food on Zomato or against statement balance, where 1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.||The Edition Cash can be used to purchase food on Zomato or against statement balance, where 1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.|
|Milestone Benefits||Get 2,000 bonus Edition Cash on spending Rs. 5 lakhs or more in a year.||Get 2,000 bonus Edition Cash on spending Rs. 2 lakhs or more in a year.|
|Dining Benefits||Exciting dining privilege through the Zomato Pro Plus membership that gets renewed every year.||Exclusive offers and deals on dining through the Zomato Pro membership that is renewed every year.|
|Movie Benefits||Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer on movie tickets on BookMyShow once every month.||N/A|
8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year (2 per quarter)
2 complimentary international lounge access every year with the Priority Pass.
|Forex Markup Fee||1.5% on all foreign currency transactions||3.5% on all foreign currency transactions.|
|Spend-based Waiver||The annual fee is waived off on spending Rs. 2.5 lakhs or more in a year.||N/A|
After comparing the two cards, many of you might have decided to choose the RBL Bank Edition card and many would have surely chosen the Edition Classic Credit Card. It is because everyone has different requirements and hence different choices. If you are someone who is looking for a basic card just to save on your spending, especially on dining, the RBL Bank Edition Classic Card will seem to be the right choice for you. On the other hand, if you were looking for a card that provides exclusive benefits not only on dining but on travel, entertainment, etc, as well, you must go with the RBL Edition Credit Card. Moreover, this card is also a great choice for frequent flyers as it comes with a low forex markup fee and provides complimentary access to domestic as well as international airport lounges. However, the people who don’t travel very often will have nothing to do with these privileges and hence they will definitely go with the basic card, i.e, RBL Bank Edition Classic Credit Card.
So, before making any decision, you must make sure to analyze your spending habits and think about all the categories where you tend to spend more. Note down all the benefits that you look for in a credit card and then compare the two cards wisely. If you think that the Edition Classic Card fulfills all your requirements, you don’t need to go with the premium version, but if you wish to have movie and travel benefits, you should definitely choose the Edition Card. So, it can be said that both cards can be best for different people with different requirements. You should just make sure to compare them wisely so that you don’t regret it afterward. Moreover, if you have any confusion regarding any information given above in the article, make sure to ask us in the comment section below!
Hi, I was reading on your article where I came across this section “ Reward Redemption : The Edition Cash can be used to purchase food on Zomato or against statement balance, where 1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.”
I want to know how to get redemption against statement balance, I cannot see any such option anywhere and its not even mention in rbl website.
Hi Rohan, conversions to cash option was mentioned when the card was launched, we have now edited the post. Thanks for mentioning it