Zomato Edition credit card is the more premium version of the Edition Classic card, which comes with a lower annual membership fee and fewer rewards than this one. We have already discussed the features and benefits of the Classic Edition card in one of our earlier posts. Both these cards earn you reward points as Edition Cash. At 10 Edition Cash / Rs. 100 on Zomato, 2 Edition Cash / Rs. 100 on online spends and other food purchases and 1 Edition cash / Rs. 100 on all other spends, the RBL Edition credit card offers a higher reward rate.
Although it is majorly a dining credit card, you do get a few travel benefits including complimentary domestic and international airport lounge visits and a lower foreign currency mark-up fee of 1.5% (the Classic version doesn’t offer these benefits). Moreover, you can earn 2,000 bonus reward points every year on achieving the milestone spend. Read on to know more about this Edition credit card by the RBL bank.
RBL Bank Edition Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 1,499 + GST
Reward Points |
- Complimentary Zomato Pro membership which automatically gets renewed every year.
- Reward Points as Edition Cash (1 Edition Cash = Re. 1).
- 10 Edition Cash on every Rs. 100 spent on dining or online food purchases on Zomato.
- 2 Edition Cash per Rs. 100 spent on all other online food platforms.
- 2,000 bonus Edition Cash on spending Rs. 5,00,000 in an anniversary year.
- 1 Edition Cash per Rs. 100 on all other spends.
- Annual fee waiver on expenditure of Rs. 2,50,000 in the preceding year.
- Complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
- Lower foreign currency mark-up fee of 1.5%.
- Buy one and get one movie ticket free on BookMyShow once every month (max discount of Rs. 200 per transaction).
Rewards and Benefits
Complimentary Zomato pro membership.
Movie & Dining
Buy One Get One offer on movie tickets on BookMyShow. Accelerated reward rate on Zomato and other food purchases.
10 Edition Cash for every Rs. 100 spent on Zomato, 2 Edition Cash for every Rs. 100 spent online and on all other food purchases, 1 Edition Cash/Rs. 100 on all other spends.
Edition cash is redeemable on Zomato and can be adjusted against the card’s statement balance. 1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.
2 complimentary domestic lounge access per quarter and 2 complimentary international lounge access per year, low forex mark-up fee of 1.5%.
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary domestic lounge access per quarter.
International Lounge Access
2 complimentary international lounge access per year with the Priority Pass.
Zero Liability Protection
Cardholder shall not be liable for any unauthorized transaction post reporting the loss of card. However, the liability of any transaction prior to the time of reporting lies solely with the cardholder.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 1,499 + GST
Rs. 1,499 + GST
Spend based Waiver
Annual membership fee waived off on spending Rs. 2,50,000 in the preceding year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
1.5% + GST
3.99% per month or 47.88% annually
1%. Waived off for select card members for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 at the sole discretion of the bank.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% , subject to a minimum fee of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
RBL Bank Edition Credit Card Rewards:
You receive reward points as Edition Cash with this credit card. You get-
- 10 Edition Cash for every Rs. 100 spent on Zomato (app or website).
- 2 Edition Cash on spends of Rs. 100 on other food purchases (from any merchant other than Zomato).
- 2 Edition Cash for every Rs. 100 spent online.
- 1 Edition Cash for every Rs. 100 spent on all other spends.
There are two ways you can redeem your Edition Cash-
- for all spends on Zomato app/website.
- for adjustment against your card’s outstanding balance.
Monetarily, 1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.
Spends Based Waiver:
Your annual card membership fee is waived off if you had spent Rs. 2,50,000 in the previous year.
RBL Bank Edition Credit Card Milestone Benefits:
2,000 bonus Edition Cash if Rs. 5,00,000 were spent in the previous year.
Movie and Dining Benefits:
- Buy one and get another movie ticket for free on BookMyShow once every month (max discount capped at Rs. 200 per transaction).
- Complimentary Zomato Pro membership that renews automatically every year.
- Accelerated reward rate on food purchases. 10X Edition Cash on Zomato and 2X Edition cash on food purchases from all other merchants (online and offline).
- 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge visits per quarter.
- Priority Pass membership with 2 complimentary international airport lounge visits every year.
- A lower than usual foreign currency mark-up fee of 1.5% of the transacted amount.
Low Foreign Currency Markup Fee:
A foreign currency mark-up fee of 1.5% of the transacted amount (+GST) is chargeable on all international transactions, which is relatively lower than most of the credit cards in the market.
Zero Liability Protection:
You are not liable for any fraudulent transaction made using the card post the time of reporting the loss of the card to the bank. However, the liability of any transaction made prior to the time of reporting lies solely with the cardmember.
How to apply:
You can apply for the RBL Bank Edition Credit Card on the Zomato app and complete the KYC process online by submitting soft copies of the required documents. You get a virtual version of the credit card instantly and it is also paired with your Zomato account.
For any queries related to the Edition credit card or to report the loss of card, you can contact RBL’s credit card customer care. You can dial 1800 121 9050 (toll-free) or +91 22 6115 6300 (24×7 helpline) from your registered mobile number; alternatively, you can also drop them a mail at [email protected].
If you’re someone who frequently orders food online or loves to go on dine-outs, this is a one-of-a-kind credit card, as there are few cobranded dining cards in the market. But then, why not the Classic variant that comes with a much lower membership fee? Why would someone go with this non-classic variant and pay a higher annual fee? The answer is twofold- first, this non-classic variant offers a higher reward rate, and second, despite being majorly a dining credit card, you also get some travel-related benefits including complimentary domestic and international airport lounge access and a lower than usual forex mark-up fee.
So, apart from being a foodie, if you’re also a travel-buff, you might not mind paying an extra premium for this one. Anyway, it’s better to make a choice only after comparing the benefits that the two versions offer. For details about the classic variant and see how it stacks up against this non-classic more premium variant, you may refer to this post. Feel free to share your thoughts on this credit card in the comments and what do you think about a food delivery start-up like Zomato coming together with a bank with a lineup of two co-branded credit cards, especially when Zomato is still not a profit-making company?
Edition Cash is RBL’s version of Reward Points for their Edition credit cards. You earn Edition Cash for spends with your Edition credit card which can be redeemed on Zomato or can be adjusted against the card’s statement balance. 1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.
Yes, you do earn Edition Cash on all food purchases made using the card. The rate of earning Edition Cash on Zomato is much higher though (10 Edition Cash / Rs. 100). On Swiggy and all other food delivery platforms, the rate of earning Edition Cash would be 2 Edition Cash / Rs. 100.
No. You do not get any insurance benefit with this credit card.
Yes, you do get accelerated Edition Cash (10X) on dine-out spends on Zomato.
Yes, Edition Cash can be adjusted against your card’s outstanding balance.
1 Edition cash = Re. 1