Zomato Edition credit card is a more premium version of the Edition Classic card, having a lower annual membership fee and fewer rewards than this one. We have already discussed the features and benefits of the Classic Edition card earlier. Both these cards offer reward points as Edition Cash. At 10 Edition Cash / Rs. 100 on Zomato and Blinkit, and 1 Edition cash / Rs. 100 spent on other purchases , the RBL Edition credit card offers a higher reward rate.
Although it is majorly a dining credit card, you do get a few benefits in the travel where we get to see complimentary lounge access, and also for your international spends the card carries a lower foreign markup fee. Apart from this, you can earn 2,000 bonus points on spending above the milestone spend. Keep reading if you want to know more about the Edition credit card.
RBL Bank Edition Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 2,000 + GST
Reward Points |
- Complimentary Zomato Pro membership which automatically gets renewed every year.
- Reward Points as Edition Cash (1 Edition Cash = Re. 1).
- 10 Edition Cash per Rs. 100 spent on Zomato and Blinkit.
- 1 Edition Cash per Rs. 100 spent on all other spends.
- 2,000 bonus Edition Cash on spending Rs. 5,00,000 in an anniversary year.
- Annual fee waiver on expenditure of Rs. 4,00,000 in the preceding year.
- Complimentary access to domestic and international lounges.
- Lower international transaction fee of 1.5%.
- Buy one and get one movie ticket free on BookMyShow once every month (max discount of Rs. 200 per transaction).
Rewards and Benefits
Complimentary Zomato pro membership.
Movie & Dining
Buy One Get One (BOGO) offer on movie tickets through BookMyShow. Accelerated reward rate on Zomato and other food purchases.
10 Edition Cash per Rs. 100 spent on Zomato and Blinkit. 1 Edition Cash per Rs. 100 spent on all other spends.
Edition cash is redeemable on Zomato and can be adjusted against the card’s statement balance.
1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.
Complimentary domestic and international lounge access, low forex mark-up fee of 1.5%.
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary domestic lounge visits (per quarter).
International Lounge Access
2 complimentary international lounge visits (per year) with the Priority Pass.
Zero Liability Protection
In case your RBL Edition is stolen or misplaced, you will not be laible for any transaction post reporting about the issue to the bank.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 2,000 + GST
Rs. 2,000 + GST
Spend based Waiver
Spend Rs. 4,00,000 in the previous year and get a waiver on the annual fee.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
1.5% + GST
3.99% per month or 47.88% annually
1%. Waived off for select card members for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 at the sole discretion of the bank.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% , subject to a minimum fee of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
RBL Bank Edition Credit Card Features and Benefits
Edition card issued by RBL is a popular credit card offered by the bank as the card offers great benefits in almost every category which are mentioned below in detail:
The annual fee for the card can be waived off, provided you had spent Rs. 4,00,000 in the previous year.
2,000 bonus Edition Cash if Rs. 5,00,000 were spent in the previous year.
Movie and Dining Benefits:
- Buy one and get another movie ticket for free on BookMyShow once every month (max discount capped at Rs. 200 per transaction).
- Complimentary Zomato Pro membership that renews automatically every year.
- Accelerated reward rate on food purchases. 10X Edition Cash on Zomato and 2X Edition cash on food purchases from all other merchants (online and offline).
- 2 complimentary access to domestic airport lounges every quarter.
- Priority Pass membership with 2 complimentary international airport lounge visits every year.
- A lower than usual foreign currency mark-up fee of 1.5% of the transacted amount.
Low Foreign Currency Markup Fee:
A foreign currency mark-up fee of 1.5% of the transacted amount (+GST) is chargeable on all foreign transactions. This rate is considerably lower than other credit cards available that change around 3.5% for the same.
Zero Liability Protection:
The cardholder will not be liable for any transaction done on the card after reporting about the same to the bank. However, the liability of any transaction made prior to the time of reporting lies solely with the cardmember.
RBL Bank Edition Credit Card Rewards:
You receive reward points as Edition Cash with this credit card. You get-
- 10 Edition Cash Rs. 100 on Zomato (app or website) and Blinkit.
- 1 Edition Cash on spending Rs. 100 spent on all other spends.
There are two ways you can redeem your Edition Cash-
- for all spends on Zomato app/website.
- for adjustment against your card’s outstanding balance.
Monetarily, 1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.
RBL Edition Credit Card Fees and Charges
Following are some of the very important fees and charges that are applicable with the RBL Bank Card:
- The card comes with a same joining as well as annual fee, which is of Rs. 2,000. One can get waiver of the same on spending Rs. 2,50,000 or more in the last year.
- The card carries an interest rate of 3.99% per month.
- The card offers a very low foreign transaction mark-up of 1.5%
- On withdrawing cash with the RBL Edition card, the cardholder needs to pay 2.5% of the amount or Rs. 500 as the cash advance fee.
RBL Bank Edition Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The following table summarizes the eligibility criteria that one needs to fulfill before getting the Edition card:
|Age||Minimum 21 years|
|Income||Stable source of Income|
|Credit Score||Decent credit score|
Following are the documents that are required when applying for the Edition card:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Address Proof: Utility bills, Aadhar Card, Passport, etc.
- Income Proof: Latest bank statements/salary slips or the latest audited ITR.
How to Apply For RBL Edition Credit Card?
The RBL Bank Edition Credit Card can be applied on the Zomato app and one can complete the KYC process online by submitting soft copies of the required documents. You get a virtual version of the credit card instantly and it is also paired with your Zomato account. There are both online as well as offline ways to apply for the card. The offline method requires the applicant to visit the nearest branch where as the online methods includes the following steps:
- Visit the RBL Bank’s official website.
- Click on ‘Credit Cards.’
- Select RBL Bank Edition Credit Card.
- Click on Apply Now.
- Proceed further accordingly.
For queries related to the Edition credit card or to notify the loss of the card, you can contact RBL’s credit card customer care. You can dial 1800 121 9050 (toll-free) or +91 22 6115 6300 (24×7 helpline) from your registered mobile number; alternatively, you may also mail at [email protected].
If you’re someone who frequently orders food online or loves to go on dine-outs, this is a one-of-a-kind credit card, as there are few cobranded dining cards in the market. But then, why not the Classic variant that comes with a much lower membership fee? Why would someone go with this non-classic variant and pay a higher annual fee? The answer is twofold- first, this non-classic variant offers a higher reward rate, and second, despite being majorly a dining credit card, you also get some travel-related benefits including complimentary access to domestic and international airport lounges alon with a lower than usual forex markup fee.
So, apart from being a foodie, if you’re also a travel-buff, you might not mind paying an extra premium for this one. Anyway, it’s better to make a choice only after comparing the benefits that the two versions offer. For details about the classic variant and see how it stacks up against this non-classic more premium variant, you may refer to this post. Feel free to share your thoughts on this credit card in the comments and what do you think about a food delivery start-up like Zomato coming together with a bank with a lineup of two co-branded credit cards, especially when Zomato is still not a profit-making company?
Edition Cash is RBL’s version of Reward Points for their Edition credit cards. You earn Edition Cash for spends with your Edition credit card which can be redeemed on Zomato or can be adjusted against the card’s statement balance. 1 Edition Cash = Re. 1.
Yes, you do earn Edition Cash on all food purchases made using the card. The rate of earning Edition Cash on Zomato is much higher though (10 Edition Cash / Rs. 100). On Swiggy and all other food delivery platforms, the rate of earning Edition Cash would be 1 Edition Cash / Rs. 100.
No, the Edition card do not provide any insurance cover.
Yes, you do get accelerated Edition Cash (10X) on dine-out spends on Zomato.
Yes, Edition Cash can be adjusted against your card’s outstanding balance.
1 Edition cash = Re. 1