The Axis Bank partnered with the leading e-commerce company, Flipkart, in 2019 and launched a co-branded card named Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card, which became one of the most popular cards in India very soon after that. This time, the card issuer has come up with another Flipkart co-branded card named Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite Credit Card, which majorly targets the people who are loyal to Flipkart and use it for all their online shopping needs.
With this card, the cardholders will get rewarded in the form of Supercoins that can not only be used on Flipkart but also across other premium brands, including Myntra, Cleartrip, etc. With a great reward rate on Flipkart, the card also offers a decent reward rate on all other spends. Though the annual fee of the card has not been disclosed yet by the bank, we are assuming that it would be an affordable one. Read on for more information about the card & its features:
Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite Credit Card
Axis Bank is going to add up a new credit card in its Flipkart co-branded cards range. The card is named ‘Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite Credit Card’ and it is going to be of great value for those who make very frequent purchases on Flipkart. The annual fee of this card is Rs. 500 and it welcomes you with a bouquet of exciting gifts. The card offers double benefits to the Plus members on Flipkart purchases as they earn 2x Supercoins, but the reward rate is not at all bad for non-plus members. However, there is a certain transaction limit up to which the cardholders can earn accelerated Supercoins on their Flipkart purchases, but no such capping is there on other retail spends. The detailed features of this card are given below:
- Welcome Benefit: The cardholders get 500 bonus supercoins on successful activation of their credit card. Moreover, they also get additional welcome gifts as listed below:
– YouTube trial membership for two months.
– Up to Rs. 1,500 on domestic flights.
– Flat 30% discount on first order on Myntra
– Gaana trial membership for three months.
– Up to Rs. 5,000 off on international flights.
- Reward Rate: The reward rate offered by this card in different categories is as follows:
– Flipkart Plus members get 12% Supercoins on all their purchases on Flipkart (for spends up to Rs. 2,500 each month).
– Non-Plus members get 6% Supercoins on their Flipkart purchases (for spends up to Rs. 2,500)
– The cardholders get 2% Supercoins on all other retail spends.
- Reward Redemption: The Supercoins earned using this card can be redeemed against shopping on Flipkart and Myntra, against travel-related bookings on Cleartrip, and for flight-related bookings on Flipkart. The monetary value of 1 Supercoin is equal to Re. 1.
- Spend-Based Waiver: The annual fee is waived on spending Rs. 2 lakhs or more in the previous anniversary year.
- Fuel surcharge Waiver: The cardholders get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions.
Comparison between ‘Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card’ and ‘Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite Credit Card’
Axis Bank is now offering two credit cards in partnership with Flipkart and both of them seem to be exclusively amazing for frequent shoppers and especially beneficial for Flipkart loyal customers. Now, if you are unable to understand the difference between these two cards, have a look at the following comparison table:
|Factors for Comparison||Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card||Flipkart Axis Bank Super Elite Credit Card|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 500||Rs 500|
|Reward Rate on Flipkart||– 5% cashback on Flipkart and Myntra. (No capping on cashback)|| – Plus members earn 12% Supercoins on Flipkart.(for spends up to Rs. 2,500) |
– Non-Plus members earn 6% Supercoins on Flipkart(for spends up to Rs. 2,500)
|Reward Rate on other categories|| – 4% cashback on Swiggy, Uber, PVR and cure.fit. |
– 1.5% cashback on all other online and offline spends.
|– 2% Supercoins on all other retail spends|
|Reward Redemption||The cashback is credited to the cardholders’ credit card accounts.|| The Supercoins can be used for:– shopping on Flipkart & Myntra |
– flight bookings on Flipkart– travel
-related bookings on Cleartrip
– 1 Supercoin = Re. 1
|Other Benefits|| – 4 complimentary domestic lounge access every year |
– Annual fee waived on spending Rs. 2 lakhs or more in the previous year.
– 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
| – Annual fee waived on spending Rs. 2 lakhs or more in the previous year. |
– 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
With the above table, you might have observed that the newly launched Super Elite Card is extremely beneficial for Flipkart purchases, whereas the Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is a better option for those who want to earn accelerated cashback on a few other brands as well.
The new Super Elite Credit Card by Axis Bank and Flipkart is going to provide you with even more rewarding shopping experiences as you have an opportunity to save up to 12% on your purchases. With such an amazing reward rate, it will be giving direct competition to all other shopping credit cards available in the market. The only thing that you need to keep in mind here is that there is maximum capping on transaction value up to which you can earn accelerated supercoins. But, that doesn’t make it much of a negative point as up to a 12% reward rate is still not a bad deal. Talking about its annual fees, the card issuer has not disclosed much detailed information about other features and fees & charges of this card. We will update the article once the details are released officially. Stay Tuned!