American Express is back with one more offer for its Indian Credit Cardholders with a 30% bonus transfer offer on AmEx Membership Points. AmEx is offering 30% bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points on transferring the Membership points to Marriott Bonvoy. The offer started on 1st September 2022 and will last till 31st October 2022. The AmEx Cardholders during this offer will get a 1:1.3 transfer ratio for Marriott Bonvoy points as compared to the usual 1:1 ratio. Therefore, if you are planning to travel in the next few months and looking forward to booking Marriott Hotels, then this offer will help you grab a great deal. To know more about the offer, and conditions levied by the Bank, refer to the information given below:
American Express is offering 30% bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points on Transfering AmEx Membership Points to Marriott Bonvoy. The Transfer offer by AmEx for the Indian Cardholders has been provided after a 3 years gap. With this, you can convert your Membership Points to Marriott Bonvoy Points and get 30% additional Marriott Points. This will give a ratio of 1 Membership Point to 1.3 Marriott Points (1:1.3) whereas the usual ratio is 1:1. You can further use the Marriott Points to book hotels, concerts, live events, car rentals, and for shopping & gift cards.
The offer is valid for all American Express Credit cards and is valid from 1st September 2022 till 31st October 2022.
Terms And Conditions
The offer to convert AmEx Membership points into Marriott Points with a bonus comes with certain terms and conditions as mentioned below:
- The minimum Membership points required for the transfer are 100 MPs and the Maximum transfer can be 9,00,000 MPs.
- Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points will be credited to the Marriott Bonvoy account within 12 weeks from the end date of the offer, ie, 31st October 2022.
- The Transfer Offer is valid on all American Express credit cards which are, American Express Centurion Card, Platinum Card, Platinum Reserve Credit Card, Gold Card, Platinum Travel Credit Card, Smart Earn Credit Card, and Membership Rewards Credit Card.
- The offer period is from 1st September to 31 October 2022 and therefore the bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points would be provided for transfers done during this period.
- The transfer must be made in the multiples of 100, ie, 100 Membership Points for every transfer into Mariott Points.
Who should Transfer under this offer?
The American Express transfer offer is no doubt great provided by AmEx in a long time. With this offer, if you transfer your AmEx MPs to Marriott Bonvoy points then you will get additional 30% Marriott Points.
This means that, if you transfer 10,000 MPs then you will get 13,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points (10,000 at the normal 1:1 rate and 3,000 as per the bonus 30% offer).
Now let’s talk about whether you should transfer your MPs or not. If you are planning to stay at Mariott during your travels in the next few months then you should go with this offer. Though the transfer period is expected to be within 12 weeks of the offer end date, many credit cardholders are getting instant transfers and bonus points for their points transfer. Otherwise, you should keep your points and wait for a better option.
The 30% bonus transfer offered by American Express for the Indian Cardholders has been provided after a long time. If the Bank receives a good response to the offer then it is possible that we will get to see such offers frequently. Let us know in the comment section, about your views on the offer by American Express and whether or not you are going to transfer your Membership Points to Marriott Bonvoy Points or will wait for a better opportunity.