In an attempt to capitalize on the exponential growth in online transactions owing to the increasing internet penetration in the country, even more so during the pandemic, Axis bank launched their ACE credit card in collaboration with Google Pay and Visa. The card gives you very good returns on utility bill payments and recharges made via the Google Pay Android app and you also get a 4% cashback on popular food delivery apps like Zomato and Swiggy and on Ola rides. Since all these apps have majorly a young customer base, Axis Bank seems to be targeting young professionals with this credit card.
Along with the exclusive cashback offers, the card comes with travel benefits, such as complimentary airport lounge access. Keeping the dining requirements of its customers in mind, the card provides a discount of up to 20% on dining. Read on to learn more about this offering by Axis Bank.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 499 + GST
- 5% cashback on bill payments and mobile recharges on Google Pay.
- 4% cashback on Zomato, Swiggy, and Ola.
- 2% cashback on all other spends (with a few exceptions).
- 4 complimentary domestic lounge visits every year.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver with a maximum cap of Rs. 500 per month.
- A discount of up to 20% on dining.
- Spend-based joining & annual fee waiver.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
Up to 20% off on dining at 4,000+ restaurants under the Axis Bank Dining Delights program.
5% cashback on bill payments & recharges via Google Pay, 4% cashback on Zomato, Swiggy & Ola, 2% cashback on all other spends.
Complimentary lounge access per year at domestic airports, accelerated (4%) cashback on Ola rides
Domestic Lounge Access
4 complimentary domestic lounge visits per year
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardmember not liable for any unauthorized transaction if loss of card reported within 3 days.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 499 + GST
Rs. 499 + GST
Spend based Waiver
Joining fee reversed on spends of Rs. 10,000 within 45 days of card issuance, annual fee (2nd year onwards) waived on annual spends of Rs. 2,00,000.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% + GST
3.4% per month (49.36% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waived for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000 (max waiver of Rs. 500/month).
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum amount of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Rewards:
- You get a 5% cashback on utility bill payments (electricity, water, gas, LPG, and broadband), and DTH & mobile recharges via Google Pay. Offer applicable only if the payment is made via the Google Pay Android app using the ACE credit card.
- You get a 4% cashback on Zomato, Swiggy, and Ola.
- You get a 2% cashback on all other spends.
- No cashback on certain categories of spends including fuel spends, purchases converted to EMI, wallet reloads, purchase of gold items, cash advances, payment of the card’s outstanding balances, and payment of card fees and other card charges.
Spends Based Waiver:
- The joining fee is waived off on the expenditure of Rs. 10,000 within 45 days of card setup.
- Annual membership fee waived off (second year onwards) on achieving an annual spend of Rs. 2,00,000 in the preceding year.
- 4 complimentary lounge access every year to selected domestic airports.
- Accelerated (4%) cashback on Ola rides.
- Up to 20% off on dining bills at 4000+ restaurants under the bank’s Dining Delights program.
- Accelerated (4%) cashback on Swiggy and Zomato.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
- 1% fuel surcharge waived off at all fuel stations across India for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000.
- The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 500 per month.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Eligibility Criteria:
Axis Bank has not clearly stipulated any well-defined income criteria for the card. Although you must qualify the following basic eligibility conditions-
- You must be within the age bracket of 18 years and 70 years.
- You must be a resident of India.
How to apply:
You can apply for the Axis bank ACE credit card by simply visiting the card’s home page and selecting the ACE credit card. You will be prompted to fill up a form and submit your application. The process will be smoother for you if you are already an Axis Bank customer. You will need a few documents to complete your application including identity proof (Aadhar card, Voter card, PAN card, etc.), an address proof (Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter card, driving license, etc.), and proof of income (salary slips, audited ITR acknowledgment).
Axis Bank has a dedicated helpline for their credit card customers. In case you need any assistance, or to report the loss of a card, you may dial 18604195555/18605005555. These numbers are operational 24×7. You can also block your card by simply sending an SMS- BLOCK <your 16-digit credit card number> to 5676782.
Considering the extra cashback benefits that it offers on Google Pay (bill payments only) and on other popular platforms like Zomato, Swiggy, and Ola at a nominal annual membership fee of Rs. 499, it certainly seems to be a decent entry-level credit card. On top of these cashback benefits, you also get 4 complimentary domestic lounge access, which very few entry-level cards offer. If you’re a noob and just planning to start your credit journey, you can certainly consider this one by Axis bank.
There is no upper limit to the cashback amount that can be earned in a given month.
You won’t get accelerated (5%) cashback on Google Pay iOS app (only Android app supported). However, you will earn the regular 2% cashback.
No. Fuel spends don’t earn you any cashback. However, you do get a waiver of 1% on the fuel surcharge for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000 (max cap of Rs. 500/month).
No. You earn 5% cashback only on bill payments (electricity, gas, internet, etc.) and mobile and DTH recharges processed via the Google Pay Android app.
No. You get only domestic lounge access with the ACE credit card.