The Axis Bank ACE credit card launched in partnership with Google Pay and Visa aims to capitalise on the internet penetration and heavy growth of online payments in the country. With this card, you get 5% cashback on electricity, gas, water, and internet bill payments made through the Google Pay Android application, along with 4% cashback on popular merchants like Swiggy, Zomato, and Ola. Axis Bank is targeting young professionals with this credit card who mainly use these popular merchants and are new to the credit scene.
In addition to the cashback offers, the ACE credit card offers complimentary domestic airport lounge access, 20% off on dining at over 4000 partner restaurants, and other benefits. Check out our Axis Bank ACE credit card review to know more about this card.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
A discount of up to 20% on dining at 4,000+ restaurants under the Axis Bank Dining Delights program.
5% cashback on paying bills & on mobile recharges via GPay and 4% cashback on Swiggy, Ola, Zomato, with a combined capping of Rs. 500 cashback per month.2% cashback elsewhere on other merchants.
Your earned cashback is automatically credited to the cardholders' accounts.
Complimentary lounge access per year at domestic airports, accelerated (4%) cashback on Ola rides with Axis Bank Ace Card.
Domestic Lounge Access
4 complimentary airport lounge visits to domestic airport lounges per year
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardmembers won't be liable for any unauthorized/fraudulent transactions if the loss of the card is reported within 3 days.
Spend Based Waiver
Joining fee is waived on spends of Rs. 10,000 within 45 days of card issuance, and annual fee (2nd year onwards) is waived on total annual spends of Rs. 2,00,000.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.6% per month or 52.86% annualized
1% fuel surcharge is waived for purchases worth between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000 (maximum waiver of Rs. 500/month).
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum amount of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
- 5% cashback on bill payments and mobile recharges on Google Pay.
- 4% cashback on Swiggy, Zomato, and Ola.
- 2% cashback on all other purchases (with a few exceptions).
- 4 free domestic lounge visits every year.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver with a maximum cap of Rs. 500 per month.
- A discount of up to 20% on dining at over 4000+ restaurants.
- Spend-based joining & annual fee waiver.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Axis Bank Ace Credit Card is one of the most popular cashback credit cards available in the market. It comes with a great cashback rate and a number of other exciting benefits across different categories. The detailed benefits and features of this card by Axis Bank are as follows:
- 4 complimentary airport lounge access every year to selected domestic airports.
- Accelerated (4%) cashback on Ola rides.
- Up to 20% discount on dining bills at 4000+ restaurants under the bank’s Dining Delights program.
- Accelerated (4%) cashback on Swiggy and Zomato.
Spends Based Waiver
- The joining fee is reversed on the expenditure of Rs. 10,000 within 45 days of card setup.
- The annual membership fee is waived off (second year onwards) on achieving an annual spend of Rs. 2,00,000 in the preceding year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- A 1% fuel surcharge is waived at all fuel stations across the country for fuel transactions worth Rs. 400 to Rs. 4,000.
- The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 500 per month.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Cashback
- You get a cashback of 5% on utility bill payments (electricity, water, gas, LPG, and broadband) and DTH & mobile recharges via Google Pay. Offer applicable only if the payment is made via the Google Pay Android app using the ACE credit card.
- You get a 4% cashback on Zomato, Swiggy, and Ola.
- The above two cashback categories have a combined maximum capping of Rs. 500 cashback per cycle.
- You get a 2% cashback on all other spends, and there is no monthly capping.
- No cash back on certain categories of spends, including fuel spends, wallet reloads, purchase of gold items, purchases converted to EMI, cash withdrawals, payment of the card’s outstanding balances, and payment of card fees & other card charges.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Fees & Charges
- Annual Fee: Axis Bank charges a joining & annual membership fee of Rs. 499 for Axis Bank ACE Credit Card.
- Interest Rate: If you are unable to clear all your outstanding amounts by the due date, an interest of 3.6% per month (or 52.86% annually) is levied on the due amount on your card’s statement balance.
- Cash Advance Fee: A cash withdrawal fee of 2.5% of the withdrawn amount (subject to a minimum fee of Rs. 500) is applicable on cash advance transactions from ATMs with Axis Bank Ace Credit Card.
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: Forex mark-up charges of 3.5% of the transaction amount are applicable on all foreign currency transactions made with Axis Bank Ace Credit Card.
- Card Replacement Fee: In case you misplace/lose your credit card, Axis Bank will replace your card with a new one for free (no replacement fee applicable).
Pros of Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
- Axis Bank ACE Card offers an amazing reward rate of 5% on mobile/DTH recharges and bill payments via Google Pay and also a good reward rate of 4% on spends at Zomato, Swiggy, and Ola.
- ACE Credit Card entitles you to 4 complimentary lounge access at domestic airports across the country- a benefit that you do not get with most other entry-level credit cards.
- One of the best features of the Axis Bank ACE Credit Card is that there is no max capping on the regular 2% cashback that can be earned in a given payment cycle.
- Although Axis Bank ACE Credit Card is not a lifetime free card- it comes with an annual fee of only Rs. 499, which can be easily waived off on a minimum expenditure of Rs. 2 lacs in the preceding year.
Cons of Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
- The card does not earn any cashback on certain categories of spends, including fuel spends, wallet reloads, purchases converted into EMIs, gold items, and cash advances.
- The cashback earned at non-partner merchants (except Google Pay, Zomato, Swiggy, and Ola) is just 2%.
Who Should Get an Axis Bank ACE Credit Card?
You should consider applying for an Axis Bank ACE Credit Card if-
- You are looking for a cashback-based entry-level credit card and use Google Pay frequently for bill payments and mobile/DTH recharges.
- You frequently dine in and order food online via Swiggy/Zomato.
- You want an entry-level credit card that also provides the free airport lounge access privilege.
You should look for a better alternative if-
- You do not prefer Google Pay for mobile/DTH recharges and bill payments.
- If you have an Apple smartphone, cashback is valid only on the Google Pay application.
- You make a lot of purchases on EMIs- as you do not get any cashback on EMI purchases.
Credit Cards Similar to Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
HDFC Millennia Credit Card and HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card are two credit cards that are very similar to the Axis Bank ACE Credit Card in terms of the rewards and benefits that they offer-
|Axis Bank ACE Credit Card</b
|HDFC Millennia Credit Card
|HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card
|Max Cap on Rewards/Cashback
|Reward Points/Cashback Redemption
ACE Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
Axis Bank needs to stipulate any well-defined income criteria for the card clearly. However, you must qualify for the following basic eligibility conditions-
- You must be within the age bracket of 18 years and 70 years.
- You must be a resident of India.
- You must have a steady income along with a decent credit score.
In order for your credit card application to be processed, you need to submit the following documents to the bank-
- Proof of Identity: Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, PAN Card, driving license, passport, etc.
- Proof of Address: Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, driving license, passport, telephone/electricity bill.
- Proof of Income: Salary slip (for salaried applicants) or ITR acknowledgement (for self-employed individuals)
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Limit
The Axis Bank ACE Credit Card provides a decent credit limit to cardholders. However, the credit card limit is not a particular fixed amount for each & every cardholder. Still, it varies on the basis of their income, relationship with the bank, credit history, and some other factors. Those who have a high credit score generally get a higher credit limit compared to individuals with a low credit score. However, you can get your credit limit increased with time by requesting your card issuer for the same.
How to Apply for an Axis Bank ACE Credit Card?
You can very easily apply for the Axis Bank ACE credit card by clicking on the Apply Now button and selecting the ACE credit card. You will be prompted to fill out a form and submit your application. The process will be smoother for you if you are already an Axis Bank customer. You will also need to submit a few documents to complete your application, including identity proof (Voter card, Aadhar card, PAN card, etc.), address proof (Aadhar card, Voter card, PAN card, driving license, etc.), and proof of income (salary slips, audited ITR acknowledgement).
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Customer Care
Axis Bank provides great customer support services to their credit card customers. In case you need any help or want to report unauthorised transactions on your card, you can dial 18604195555/18605005555. These numbers are reachable 24×7. You can also block your card by simply sending an SMS – BLOCK XXXX to 5676782.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Review
Available at a decent annual membership fee of Rs. 500, the Axis Bank ACE Credit Card offers great cashback benefits on utility bill payments made through the Google Pay Android app, which makes it a great entry-level card. You also get 4% cashback on platforms like Ola, Swiggy, and Zomato.
Another great benefit of the card is that it offers 4 complimentary domestic airport lounge access, which is not offered by most entry-level cards. For those who are new to credit and are looking to start, the Axis Bank ACE credit card is a great choice.
For those who do not frequently use Google Pay to make payments, an excellent alternative to this card is the HDFC Bank MoneyBack Plus Credit Card.