In an attempt to capitalize on the exponential growth in online transactions owing to the increasing internet penetration in the country, even more so during the pandemic, Axis bank launched their ACE credit card in a partnership with Google Pay and Visa. The card gives you very good returns on electricity/water/gas bill payments and recharges made via the Google Pay Android app and you also get a 4% cashback on popular food delivery apps like Zomato and Swiggy and on Ola rides. Since all these apps have majorly a young customer base, Axis Bank seems to be targeting young professionals with this credit card.
Along with the exclusive cashback offers, the Axis Bank Ace credit card provides its customers with travel benefits, such as free domestic/international airport lounge access. Keeping the dining requirements of its customers in mind, the card provides a discount of up to 20% on dining. Continue reading the article for more information about this offering by Axis Bank.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
Best Suited For
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
- 5% cashback on bill payments and mobile recharges on Google Pay.
- 4% cashback on Swiggy, Zomato, and Ola.
- 2% cashback on all other purchases (with a few exceptions).
- 4 free domestic lounge visits every year.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver with a maximum cap of Rs. 500 per month.
- A discount of up to 20% on dining.
- Spend-based joining & annual fee waiver.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
A discount of up to 20% on dining at 4,000+ restaurants under the Axis Bank Dining Delights program.
5% cashback on paying bills & on mobile recharges via GPay, 4% cashback on Swiggy, Ola7 Zomato, and 2% cashback elsewhere.
Your earned cashback is automatically credited to the cardholders’ accounts.
Complimentary lounge access per year at domestic airports, accelerated (4%) cashback on Ola rides with Axis Bank Ace Card.
Domestic Lounge Access
4 complimentary airport lounge visits to domestic airport lounges per year
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
Cardmembers won’t be liable for any unauthorized/fraudulent transactions if the loss of the card is reported within 3 days.
Fees & Charges
Rs. 499 (plus applicable taxes)
Rs. 499 + taxes
Spend based Waiver
Joining fee is waived on spends of Rs. 10,000 within 45 days of card issuance, and annual fee (2nd year onwards) is waived on total annual spends of Rs. 2,00,000.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% of the transaction amount
3.4% per month or 49.36% annualized
1% fuel surcharge is waived for purchases worth between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000 (maximum waiver of Rs. 500/month).
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount, subject to a minimum amount of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Axis Bank Ace Credit Card is one of the most popular cashback credit cards available in the market. It comes with a great cashback rate and a number of other exciting benefits across different categories. The detailed benefits and features of this card by Axis Bank are as follows:
- 4 complimentary airport lounge access every year to selected domestic airports.
- Accelerated (4%) cashback on Ola rides.
- Up to 20% discount on dining bills at 4000+ restaurants under the bank’s Dining Delights program.
- Accelerated (4%) cashback on Swiggy and Zomato.
Spends Based Waiver:
- The joining fee is reversed on the expenditure of Rs. 10,000 within 45 days of card setup.
- Annual membership fee is waived off (second year onwards) on achieving an annual spend of Rs. 2,00,000 in the preceding year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
- 1% fuel surcharge is waived off at all fuel stations across the country for fuel transactions worth Rs. 400 to Rs. 4,000.
- The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 500 per month.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Cashback:
- You get a cashback of 5% on utility bill payments (electricity, water, gas, LPG, and broadband), and DTH & mobile recharges via Google Pay. Offer applicable only if the payment is made via the Google Pay Android app using the ACE credit card.
- You get a 4% cashback on Zomato, Swiggy, and Ola.
- You get a 2% cashback on all other spends.
- No cash back on certain categories of spends including fuel spends, wallet reloads, purchase of gold items,purchases converted to EMI, cash withdrawals, payment of the card’s outstanding balances, and payment of card fees & other card charges.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Fees & Charges
- Annual Fee: Axis Bank charges a joining & annual membership fee of Rs. 499 for Axis Bank ACE Credit Card.
- Interest Rate: If you are unable to clear all your outstanding amount by the due date, an interest of 3.4% per month (or 49.36% annually) is levied n the due amount on your card’s statement balance.
- Cash Advance Fee: A cash withdrawal fee of 2.5% of the withdrawn amount (subject to a minimum fee of Rs. 500) is applicable on cash advance transactions from ATMs with Axis Bank Ace Credit Card.
- Foreign Currency Mark-up: Forex mark-up charges of 3.5% of the transaction amount are applicable on all foreign currency transactions made with Axis Bank Ace Credit Card.
- Card Replacement Fee: In case you misplace/lose your credit card, Axis Bank will replace your card with a new one for free (no replacement fee applicable).
Advantages of Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
- Axis Bank ACE Card offers an amazing reward rate of 5% on mobile/DTH recharges and bill payments via Google Pay and also a good reward rate of 4% on spends at Zomato, Swiggy, and Ola.
- ACE Credit Card entitles you to 4 complimentary lounge access at domestic airports across the country- a benefit that you do not get with most other entry-level credit cards.
- One of the best features of the Axis Bank ACE Credit Card is that there is no max capping on the cashback that can be earned in a given payment cycle.
- Although Axis Bank ACE Credit Card is not a lifetime free card- it comes with an annual fee of only Rs. 499, which can be easily reversed on a minimum expenditure of Rs. 2 lacs in the preceding year.
Drawbacks of Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
- The card does not earn any cashback on certain categories of spends including fuel spends, wallet reloads, purchases converted into EMIs, gold items, and cash advances.
- The cashback earned at non-partner merchants (except Google Pay, Zomato, Swiggy, and Ola) is just 2%.
Who should get Axis Bank ACE Credit Card?
You should consider applying for Axis Bank ACE Credit Card if-
- You are looking for a cashback-based entry-level credit card and use Google Pay frequently for bill payments and mobile/DTH recharges.
- You frequently dine in and order food online via Swiggy/Zomato.
- You want an entry-level credit card that also provides the free airport lounge access privilege.
You should look for a better alternative if-
- You do not prefer Google Pay for mobile/DTH recharges and bill payments.
- You make a lot of purchases on EMIs- as you do not get any cashback on EMI purchases.
Credit Cards Similar to Axis Bank ACE Credit Card
HDFC Millennia Credit Card and HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card are two credit cards that are very much similar to the Axis Bank ACE Credit Card in terms of the rewards and benefits that they offer-
|Axis Bank ACE Credit Card||HDFC Millennia Credit Card||HDFC MoneyBack+ Credit Card|
|Reward Structure||Cashback||Cashback (credited as CashPoints)||Cashback (credited as CashPoints)|
5% cashback on bill payments (electricity, gas, internet, etc.) and mobile and DTH recharge with the card via Google Pay.
4% cashback on Swiggy, Zomato and Ola.
2% cashback on all other spends with the card.
5% Cashback on Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber and Zomato.
1% cashback on all other spends.
2 CsashPoints per Rs. 150.
5x Points on purchases converted into EMIs.
10x CashPoints on Amazon, Flipkart, Swiggy, Reliance Smart Store.
|Max Cap on Rewards/Cashback||No max capping on cashback.||Maximum 2,000 CPs in a month- 1,000 at 5% rate and 1,000 at 1% rate.||
Maximum 2,500 CPs at 5x rate and 2,500 CPs at 10x rate.
No max capping applicable on CPs earned at normal rate
|Reward Points/Cashback Redemption||Cashback is adjusted against the card’s statement balance.||
1 CP = Re. 1 (cashback)
1 CP = Rs. 0.30 (product catalog)
1 CP = Rs. 0.30 (flight/hotel bookings via SmartBuy)
1 CP = Rs. 0.30 (AirMiles)
1 CP = Rs. 0.25 (cashback)
1 CP = Rs. 0.25 (product catalog)
1 CP = Rs. 0.25 (flight/hotel bookings via SmartBuy)
1 CP = Rs. 0.25 (AirMiles)
|Milestone Benefits||N/A||Gift voucher worth Rs. 500 on quarterly expenditure of Rs. 50,000.||Gift voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on quarterly expenditure of Rs. 1 lac.|
4 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every year.
Up to 20% off at partner restaurants.
8 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every year (max 2 per quarter).
Up to 20% off at select restaurants.
|Up to 15% discount at select restaurants.|
|Membership Fee||Rs. 499 (plus GST) waived off on an annual expenditure of Rs. 2 lacs.||Rs. 1,000 (plus GST), waived off on an annual expenditure of Rs. 1 lac.||Rs. 500, waived off on an annual expenditure of Rs. 50,000.|
|Eligibility||No minimum criteria stipulated by the bank.||Minimum income of Rs. 35,000 per month for salaried employees and Rs. 6 lacs per annum for self-employed applicants||Minimum income of Rs. 20,000 per month for salaried applicants and Rs. 6 lacs per annum for self-employed applicants.|
ACE Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
Axis Bank has not clearly stipulated any well-defined income criteria for the card. Although you must qualify the following basic eligibility conditions-
- You must be within the age bracket of 18 years and 70 years.
- You must be a resident of India.
In order for your credit card application to be processed, you need to submit the following documents to the bank-
- Proof of Identity: Aadhar Card, Voter ID, PAN Card, driving license, passport, etc.
- Proof of Address: Aadhar Card, Voter ID, driving license, passport, telephone/electricity bill.
- Proof of Income: Salary slip (for salaried applicants) or ITR acknowledgment (for self-employed individuals)
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Limit
The Axis Bank ACE Credit Card provides a decent credit limit to cardholders. However, the credit card limit is not a particular fixed amount for each & every cardholder, but it varies on the basis of their income, relationship with the bank, credit history, and some other factors. Those who have a high credit score generally get a higher credit limit compared to individuals with a low credit score. However, you can get your credit limit increased with time by requesting your card issuer for the same.
How to apply for Axis Bank ACE Credit Card?
You can very easily apply for the Axis bank ACE credit card by visiting the card issuer’s home page and selecting the ACE credit card. You will be prompted to fill up a form and submit your application. The process will be smoother for you if you are already an Axis Bank customer. You will also need to submit a few documents to complete your application, including identity proof (Voter card, Aadhar card, PAN card, etc.), address proof (Aadhar card, Voter card, PAN card, driving license, etc.), and proof of income (salary slips, audited ITR acknowledgement).
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Application Status
If you have already an ACE Credit Card in process, you can easily check the status of your application online as well as offline using several methods. You can visit the official application tracking page of Axis bank and check the progress in your application by entering your application ID. The applicants can also track their application status offline by contacting the Axis Bank Credit Card customer care or by visiting their nearest branch.
Axis Bank ACE Credit Card Customer Care
Axis Bank provides great customer support services to their credit card customers. In case you need any help, or you want to report unauthorized transactions on your card, you can simply dial 18604195555/18605005555. These numbers are reachable 24×7. You can also block your card by simply sending an SMS – BLOCK XXXX to 5676782.
Considering the extra cashback benefits that it offers on Google Pay (bill payments only) and on other popular platforms like Zomato, Swiggy, and Ola at a nominal annual membership fee of Rs. 499, it certainly seems to be a decent entry-level credit card. The MoneyBack Plus Credit Card issued by HDFC bank can be considered a great competitor to this card. On top of these cashback benefits, you also get 4 complimentary domestic lounge access, which very few entry-level cards offer. If you’re a noob and just planning to start your credit journey, you can undoubtedly consider this one by Axis bank.
There is no maximum limit to the cashback amount that can be earned in a given month.
You won’t get accelerated (5%) cashback on Google Pay iOS app (only Android app supported). However, you will earn the regular 2% cashback.
No. Fuel spends don’t earn you any cashback. However, you do get a waiver of 1% on the fuel surcharge for transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000 (max cap of Rs. 500/month).
No. You earn 5% cashback only on bill payments (electricity, gas, internet, etc.) and mobile and DTH recharges processed via the Google Pay Android app.
No. You get only domestic lounge access with the ACE credit card.
No, Axis Bank ACE Credit Card doesn’t offer reward points, but it offers cashback on all your spends.
The billing cycle is the time period between two consecutive statement generation dates. The billing cycle of the Axis Bank ACE Credit Card can be different for different cardholders.