Traveling perks are the best flex of a credit card and especially when you have a Travel Credit Card in your hand, you know your trip is going to be comfortable and luxurious at an affordable price. If you are a frequent traveler, you might be aware of how tiring it can be. Even if you are flying in business class, things might seem smooth but that is not always the case. With long journeys, there are more chances to have more layovers which can be pretty long. Lounge access works wonders in those situations.
After the long journey, you might wish to relax and stay in a great relaxing room but most of the time they are overpriced, and the same goes for the dining. Travelling credit cards can make sure that you are getting the best rooms at the best available prices. Credit cards can also help you get hefty discounts on your dining with the partnered restaurants. And to top it up, you get a value back on your money spent which can be redeemed in the future against great deals and brands. Before applying for a Travel Credit Card, there might be some question that comes into your mind related to the same. Here we will look into one of the questions related to credit scores.
What Credit Score is Needed for a Travel Credit Card?
This is a very common question that a person might ask what credit score will be the best to get a travel credit card? Well, 720 is a decent credit score in India, according to CIBIL, but many credit card issuers can demand more or less regarding the same. It means that the requirement can change depending on the card itself.
Having a higher credit score can greatly benefit you. This is because a better score can help you get more options, and you will be able to explore these options and then find a fit for yourself. So yes, your score plays a very vital role in getting the best credit cards in the market.
From 700 to 750 out of 900 is a decent credit score, 750 to 800 is a great score, and over that is exceptional. Keeping this thing in mind, you can understand what are your chances of getting a travel credit card in the market with your credit score.
Travel Credit cards are just like normal credit cards only, however, the eligibility criteria might differ for different credit cards. This means that travel credit cards also have their rankings. There are the best travel Credit Cards in the market which everyone has their eyes on and there are also cards in the market that are not so popular but have their perks.
Best Travel Credit Cards In The Market
Needless to say, there are many Travel Credit Cards in the market. Here is a list of one of the best travel credit cards along with their perks –
Club Vistara SBI Credit PRIME
The Club Vistara SBI Credit PRIME is a co-branded credit card from SBI and Club Vistara. Vistara is one of the biggest airlines brand and the same goes for SBI, being a giant of finance institutions. This credit card comes with a great deal of traveling benefits at just Rs. 2,999 + taxes. The benefits include –
Welcome benefit – 1 Premium Economy Class Ticket upon realizing the joining fee.
Rewards – On every Rs. 200 spent, you get 4 Club Vistara Points except fuel.
Milestone benefit –
- Upon spending over Rs, 75,000 in the first 90 days, you get 3,000 CV points,
- 1 Premium Economy Class Ticket upon Spending Rs. 1.5 Lakhs, Rs. 3 Lakhs, Rs. 4.5 Lakhs and Rs. 8 Lakhs each
- 1 Hotel E-voucher (worth Rs. 10,000) from Yatra upon spending over Rs 8 Lakhs in a Year.
- 8 complimentary domestic lounge access per year, max 2 per quarter.
- Priority Pass Membership with 4 complimentary lounge access limited to 2 visits per quarter.
- Up to 33% discount on hotels and resorts
- Up to 50% discount on destination programs in Singapore, Japan, Korea, and Macau
6E Rewards XL – IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card
The 6E Rewards XL – IndiGo HDFC Bank Credit Card is a product of collaboration between Indigo and HDFC. This credit card has a very decent rewarding program which includes 6E Reward Points which can be redeemed against flight tickets as well. Not just that but there are many other added perks of this credit card which are listed below –
- Welcome benefit – 1 Complimentary 6E Prime Add-on includes priority check-in, choice of sear, a complimentary meal, and quicker baggage.
- Rewards –
- Up to 20% on IndiGo featured partners
- Up to 5% for indigo transactions
- Up to 3% on groceries, entertainment, and dining
- Up to 2% on all the other expenses
- Discounted convenience gee on IndiGo tickets (Rs. 150 per person)
- Milestone benefit – Complimentary IndiGo Air ticket worth Rs. 3, 000 upon making 3 or more purchases every month, given that the activation fee is realized.
- Travel –
- 8 complimentary domestic lounge access per calendar year, max 2 per quarter
- Up to 5% 6E Rewards on IndiGo flights
AXIS Bank Miles and More Credit Card
With AXIS Bank Miles and More Credit Card, you can earn award miles on all categories of spend. The accumulated rewards can be further redeemed against your travel expenses, shopping at partnered merchants, and can also be donated for a cause. The elaboration of other perks and benefits are as follows –
- Welcome benefit – 15,000 miles on Axis Bank Miles and More Select Credit Card; 5,000 Miles and More World Credit Card (with the first transaction made by the card in both cases)
- Rewards –
- On every Rs. 200 spent, you get 6 award miles with Axis Bank Miles and More Select Credit Card
- On every Rs. 200 spent, you get 4 award miles with Miles and More World Credit Card
- Milestone benefits – 4,000 award miles and 3,000 award miles on Axis Bank Miles and More Select Credit Card and Miles and More World Credit Card, respectively as Annual renewal benefits.
- Travel –
- 8 and 4 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per year with Axis Bank Miles and More Select Credit Card and Miles and More World Credit Card, respectively.
- 4 and 2 complimentary international airport lounge access per year with Axis Bank Miles and More Select Credit Card and Miles and More World Credit Card, respectively.
The above-mentioned credit cards are the best offerings from all the different banks. If you wish to look for more options, you can check for the MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Platinum Credit Card and InterMiles ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card. Both these credit cards are also one of the best cards in the market.
Traveling Credit Cards provide you with great deals of benefits with which you can not only make your travel comfortable but you can also get a lot of benefits with a desirable range as well. The credit score always plays a vital role in determining what credit card will you be eligible for, as different cards by the banks might have different eligibility criteria.
A good credit score will also help you get the best options available in the market. The top travel credit cards mentioned above are also the best offerings by the banks present in the market. A better credit score will give you more exposure and options to choose from.