As RBI announced that citizens can now use their select RuPay credit cards for UPI payments, Yes Bank is now offering a complimentary RuPay credit card when you apply for any other credit card. You can give your consent to the get this complimentary virtual RuPay credit card by Yes Bank and enjoy the convenience of making UPI payments with the card.
Read further to know more about the RuPay credit card, its features, and how to get it.
Yes Bank RuPay Credit Card
When you apply for a Yes Bank credit card on the website, you will be asked if you want to get the complimentary Yes Bank RuPay Credit Card along with it. If you give your consent to get the virtual RuPay credit card, you will have to share its credit limit with the original credit card you applied for.
Also, the RuPay card will just be available in the virtual version and you can view its details on digital channels. You will never receive a physical version of the RuPay credit card for using.
Yes Bank RuPay Credit Card – Features and Benefits
When you apply for a Yes Bank credit card, you will see the option to choose the complimentary RuPay credit card along with it. It is a lifetime free card which comes without any joining or renewal fee. The card offers –
- 8 Reward Points per Rs. 200 spent on UPI payments above Rs. 2000
- 2 Reward Points per Rs. 200 spent on other non-UPI payments
Other Details About the Yes Bank RuPay Credit Card
- The RuPay credit card will be available only in the digital version and you will not receive a physical card for it. You can check out its details on Yes Bank’s digital channels
- The card limit on the RuPay credit card will be shared with the original card you applied for
- A separate statement will be generated each month for both the credit cards
- You will have to pay both the credit cards’ bills separately each month
- If you make an excess payment for one card, it will not set-off the bill for other credit card
- You will be approved for the RuPay credit card only if you are approved for the original credit card you applied for
- You can also skip getting the RuPay credit card if you do not want it
All major card issuers are now launching RuPay credit cards to their portfolio. People can access the convenience of UPI payments and the benefits of a credit card through this.
Yes Bank is offering its RuPay credit card to customers when they apply for another credit card on the website. The customer has the choice to either opt for the credit card or just ignore it and just apply for the card they originally applied for. The Yes Bank RuPay credit card is lifetime free and offers up to 8 reward points per Rs. 200 spent on UPI transactions.
Do remember that it is a virtual credit card without a physical version, and you will have to share its credit limit with the original card you applied for. Let us know your thoughts regarding the Yes Bank RuPay credit card, and whether you plan on getting it.