Paying a credit card bill on time is one of the most important things if you are a credit cardholder. Delay in payment of credit card bills not only leads to its accumulation but also attracts a lot of charges. Apart from all this, delay in credit card bill payment will also have a negative impact on your Credit score. The bill payment should not be delayed in any of the circumstances. But sometimes there may be a situation where an individual is not able to pay his credit card bill due to his non-availability, or he might be traveling, or maybe because of any other reason, but he has to make sure that the credit card bill is paid well in time. So, he may ask any of his friends or relatives to pay on his behalf. But the question that arises in his mind is – Can someone else pay my credit card bill?
So, the answer to this question is, Yes. A family member, or a friend, on the behalf of an individual can pay his credit card bill. When you find a friend or relative of yours, who is not able to the bills on time due to any reason, you can surely help him by paying his bills on time and give him a huge relief by saving him from a lot of charges, which otherwise would have been imposed on his account due to non-payment of the credit card bill. There are multiple ways in which you can pay the bills but it can be done in a way that is most convenient for you.
Ways in which you can pay someone else’s credit card bill
Now that you are sure that you can pay the credit card bill on behalf of some other person, you can follow the below-mentioned ways in which this can be done.
- Via Netbanking- One of the most convenient ways to pay someone else’s credit card bill is via net banking. You can pay the bill by sitting at your place and you do not have to move out. All you will have to do is –
– Login to your net banking account
– Register a new Payee with the bank
– For registration, you will have to enter the credit card number (whose bill has to be paid), and the IFSC Code of the respective bank
– Once added, you can directly pay the credit card bill using your net banking.
- Via Phone Banking- Another way of paying someone’s credit card bill is by using your respective bank’s phone banking application. To pay the bill using this method –
– Login to your phone banking application
– Under the payments sections, go to credit cards, and then select ‘Pay other credit card bills’
– After this, you will have to give the payee details by entering the credit card number and name on the card.
– Once the payee has been successfully added, you can pay the bill on behalf of the other person.
- Via Cheque- Paying the credit card bills via cheque is another option when you have to pay the bills. Under this method, you need to draw a cheque from your account favoring the credit card issuer bank of the other person. Enter the amount that you wish to pay towards the bill. On the backside of the cheque, you have to write down the name of the credit cardholder and his credit card number. Submit it to the bank to which the credit card belongs. If you also have an account with the same bank, the cheque will be cleared on the same day but if you issue a cheque from a different bank, it will take 24 hours for the payment to be credited to the credit card account.
- Via Cash- The last option with which you can pay someone else’s credit card bill is through cash. For this, you will have to walk into the nearest bank branch of the respective credit card issuing company. Fill in the pay-in slip. Mention the credit card number, name of the cardholder, and the amount that you would like to deposit towards the credit card bill on the slip. Once done, hand over the cash and the pay-in slip to the cashier in the bank, and the bill will be deposited. You also might need to carry identity proof with you if you are depositing a huge amount towards the credit card bill.
If you are a frequent credit card user, you must be aware of the importance of paying the credit card bills on time. But if due to any circumstance, if your relative or a friend is not able to pay the credit card bill on time, you can surely help them in doing so. There is no such restriction imposed that you cannot pay someone else’s credit card bill. There are various methods by which this can be done. All you have to take care of is to first check your own finances and then help somebody else. If comfortable with the finances, you can deposit the bill by net banking or cash or cheque and help your relative or friend from the massive charges that would be attracted due to non-payment of credit card bills and also help them maintain their credit score.
Suggested Read: How Much Should You Pay on Your Credit Card Bill?