Diwali and the days leading to it witness heavy discounts and some of the most exciting offers from brands and card issuers alike. It is the Indian version of the Black Friday Sale. Many Indians consider it auspicious to purchase jewellery on Dhanteras- a festival celebrated just two days before Diwali. In line with the shopping trend, credit card issuers every year come up with exciting offers with lucrative cashback/reward points benefits, instant discounts and much more during the Diwali season.
This year also, many card issuers are offering exciting deals and discounts on jewellery purchases during the Diwali shopping season. We have curated some of the best deals on jewellery shopping by different credit card issuers. If you are planning to buy jewellery this Dhanteras, this blog post is just for you.
Additional Reward Points on HDFC Credit Cards
HDFC Bank is giving you extra Reward Points on jewellery shopping this Diwali. With this HDFC offer, you will earn flat 2,000 extra Reward Points on jewellery purchases with your HDFC credit card. A minimum purchase amount of Rs. 40,00o is required to avail of the offer benefit. The offer is valid from 27th October to 2nd November 2021.
|The offer||Flat 2,000 additional Reward Points on jewellery purchase|
|Minimum purchase amount required||Rs. 40,000|
|Offer validity||27th October to 2nd November 2021|
Offer Terms & Conditions
- The offer is applicable on retail and business cards only. Commercial and corporate cards are not eligible for the offer.
- The offer can not be clubbed with any other offer that the cardholder might be eligible for.
- The offer can be availed by a cardholder only once during the offer period.
- The offer is not applicable on purchases on EMIs.
- The additional Reward Points earned under this offer shall be posted on the credit card account by 28th February 2022.
- For detailed terms & conditions, you may refer to the official offer terms & conditions page.
SBI Credit Card Offers
SBI Card has tied up with various jewellers in the country to offer cashback and discounts to SBI credit card customers. Some of the best jewellery offers on SBI credit cards are summarised in the table below.
|Jeweller||Discount/Cashback||Min Transaction Amount Required||Max Discount/Cashback||Offer Validity|
|Anjali Jewellers||5% Cashback||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 3,000||28th October to 4th November 2021|
|Caratlane (store, website & mobile app)||5% Instant Discount||Rs.15,000||Rs. 1,500||22nd October to 5th November 2021|
|Chandrani Pearls||5% Cashback||Rs. 4,000||Rs. 1,000||1st October to 5th November 2021|
|CS Jewellers||5% Cashback||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 2,500||22nd October to 7th November 2021|
|Joyalukkas stores & website||5% Cashback||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 2,500||2nd October to 5th November 2021|
|Jugal Kishore Jewellers||5% Cashback||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 2,500||Till 4th November 2021|
|Khazana Jewellery Stores||5% Cashback||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 3,000||24th October to 4th November 2021|
|Khimji Jewellers||5% Cashback||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 3,000||27th October to 10th November 2021|
|Malabar Gold||5% Cashback||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 2,500||22nd October to 3rd November 2021|
|Manepally Jewellers||5% Cashback||Rs. 35,000||Rs. 3,000||24th October to 4th November 2021|
|MP Jewellers||5% Cashback||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 3,000||23rd October to 3rd November 2021|
|Orra Jewellery||5% Cashback||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 5,000||Till 7th November 2021|
|Reliance Jewels||5% Cashback||RS. 25,000||Rs. 2,500||22nd October to 5th November 2021|
|Senco Gold and Diamonds||5% Cashback||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 4,000||27th October to 4th November 2021|
|Tanishq||Instant Discount of Rs.3,000||Rs. 60,000||Flat Instant Discount of Rs. 3,000||28th October to 3rd November 2021|
These offers are applicable at all the stores of respective jewellers across the country. Apart from these offers, SBI Card is offering cashback/discount on jewellery purchases from many local jewellery stores as well. You can see a zone-wise list of all the SBI credit card offers on local stores on the official SBI Card jewellery offers page.
Cashback on ICICI Credit Cards
ICICI Bank has tied up with Kalyan Jewellers and PC Jewellers to offer cashback on jewellery purchases to their credit card customers.
Cashback at Kalyan Jewellers
ICICI Bank has come up with two offers for its credit card customers on jewellery purchases at Kalyan Jewellers-
- Offer 1: Flat cashback of Rs. 2,500 on jewellery purchase of a minimum of Rs. 50,000 at Kalyan Jewellers.
- Offer 2: Flat cashback of Rs. 50,00 on jewellery purchase of a minimum of Rs. 1 lakh at any Kalyan Jeweller store across India.
Both these offers are valid from 10th October to 4th November 2021. The following table summarizes the benefits that you get under these two offers-
|Transaction Amount||Cashback Earned||Offer Validity|
|Between Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 99,999||Rs. 2,500||10th October to 4th November 2021|
|Rs. 1 lakh or more||Rs. 5,000||10th October to 4th November 2021|
The aforementioned jewellery offers on ICICI credit cards are subject to the following terms and conditions-
- The offers are not applicable on business, commercial and corporate cards issued by ICICI Bank.
- The offers are applicable on a minimum net transaction value of Rs. 50,000/Rs. 1,00,000 (net transaction value = retail price – any applicable discount).
- The offers are not applicable on EMI transactions.
- The offer can be availed only once (on the first eligible transaction) during the offer period.
- No two offers can be clubbed together. In case a customer is eligible for more than one offer, they will get the benefit of the better offer.
- The cashback earned under the offers is posted within 90 days of the offer end date, i.e., by 4th February 2022.
- For detailed terms & conditions, you may refer to the official offer page on ICICI Bank’s website.
Cashback at PC Jewellers
Under this offer, you get a cashback of 7.5% (up to Rs. 7,500) on a minimum purchase of Rs. 50,000 at PC Jewellers with your ICICI Bank credit card. The offer is valid till 7th November 2021.
|The Offer||7.5% cashback on jewellery purchases at PC Jewellers|
|Minimum Transaction Amount Required||Rs. 50,000|
|Max Cap on Cashback||Rs. 7,500|
|Offer Validity||7th October to 7th November 2021|
The following terms and conditions are applicable on this cashback offer on ICICI credit cards at PC Jewellers-
- The offer is not applicable on business, commercial and corporate cards issued by ICICI Bank.
- The offer can be availed by a cardholder only once (on the first eligible transaction) during the offer period.
- The offer is not applicable on purchases converted into EMIs.
- The offer can not be clubbed with another offer that the cardholder is eligible for. In case the cardholder is eligible for more than one offers, they will get the benefit of the better of the two offers.
- The cashback earned under the offer shall be posted on the credit card account within 90 days of the offer end date, i.e., by 7th February 2022.
- For detailed terms & conditions, you may refer to the official offer page on the bank’s website.
Instant Discount on Standard Chartered Credit Cards
Standard Chartered Bank is offering a flat instant discount of Rs. 2,000 on gold and diamond jewellery purchases at Kalyan Jewellers. The minimum transaction required to avail of the offer is Rs. 75,000 for gold jewellery and Rs. 40,000 for diamond jewellery. The offer is valid till 31st December 2021.
|The offer||Flat Rs. 2,000 cashback on gold and diamond jewellery purchases at Kalyan Jewellers|
|Minimum purchase amount required||Rs. 75,000 for gold jewellery and Rs. 40,000 for diamond jewellery|
|Offer validity||Till 31st December 2021|
If you are eligible for one of these offers on any of your credit cards, there is no reason to not use your credit card for your Dhanteras jewellery shopping. While most of these offers either earn you a cashback or give you an instant discount, HDFC offer rewards you with extra Reward Points. If you have multiple credit cards and more than one of your cards are eligible for an offer, before deciding which card to use for jewellery shopping, you must consider what type of benefit will be more beneficial for you keeping in mind that every credit card has a max cap on the Reward Points or cashback that can be earned in a given statement cycle. Another point that you must keep in mind is, the total spends on the card in a given payment cycle should not exceed 30% of the card’s credit limit.
If you are going out for Diwali shopping, you may also want to check out the deals and discounts that card issuers are offering this festive season on other spends categories as well. Click here to find out what deals and discounts various card issuers have to offer this Diwali.