One of the key card card issuers in India, Yes Bank is loved by customers for their great services and products. Their range of credit cards is great ranging from premium to entry-level credit cards that cater to both their customers as well as stakeholders. Other than this, the bank also offers services like retail banking, corporate finance, treasury services, financial risk services, etc. to their customers.
When we talk about credit cards, you can choose from a host of different options by Yes Bank that are meant for different types of individuals based on their needs and requirements. If you are someone who is new to the credit card scene, you can opt for lifetime free credit cards that come without any joining or annual fees.
Lifetime free cards will allow you to get the hang of credit cards and how they work. You won’t premium perks but you get decent rewards and can use the card to build a nice credit history. In this article, we will take a look at Yes Bank lifetime free credit cards and other variants that come at an affordable fee.
Table of Contents
Yes Bank Lifetime Free Credit Cards
Currently, there are no lifetime free credit cards offered by Yes Bank. Most of the credit cards come with an annual fee waiver where you can spend a certain amount of money in the card anniversary year and get the annual fee waived off. However, there are not any Yes Bank lifetime free credit cards currently in the bank’s portfolio.
However, you can still go for entry-level or beginner credit cards that charge a nominal annual fee. These cards may not have elite-level privileges across all spend categories but you can still get decent rewards and offers on these cards.
Yes Bank Credit Cards – Joining Fee Under Rs. 500
Yes Bank Credit Card Details – Joining Fee Under Rs. 500
The following is a list of Yes Bank credit cards that charge a nominal joining fee of Rs. 500 or under that. You can opt for one of these particularly if you are on the lookout for Yes Bank Lifetime Free credit cards.
Yes Bank EMI Credit Card
Yes Bank recently launched two new credit cards, the BYOC and the EMI credit card. As you can tell by the name, the EMI card is specifically meant for people who prefer making large transactions and paying them off in EMIs. The card has a low annual fee of Rs. 499 that can waived off on spending the target spend amount with the card in the previous year. Transactions of Rs. 5000 or above are automatically converted to EMIs on this card. Some other key features on the card include up to 3% cashback on transactions, spend-based annual fee waiver, fuel surcharge waiver, and exciting deals on the Yes Cart. Being an entry-level card, you won’t get any travel and other exclusive perks with it.
- 3% cashback on select transactions through the Yes Cart
- 1% cashback on other retail spends made with the card
- Automatic conversion of transactions above Rs. 5000 into EMIs
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver, capped at maximum Rs. 250 per month
- Spend-based renewal fee waiver
- Exciting deals at the Yes Cart platform
Yes Bank Prosperity Rewards Credit Card
The Yes Prosperity Rewards credit card is a basic card that has a joining fee of Rs. 399 plus taxes and reward you for almost every single spend made by you with the card. Apart from the nominal annual fee, you also get up to 2 reward points per Rs. 200 spent with the card on all categories while on some select categories, you get 1 reward points for every Rs. 200 you spend using the card. There are not any travel, lounge access, or golf benefits with the card as it is a beginner credit card. The reward points earned by you on using the card can be redeemed against a host of different choices at the YESREWARDZ portal.
- 2 reward points per Rs. 200 spent on all categories
- 1 reward points per Rs. 200 spent on select categories
- 10 reward points = 1 AirMile (1 Club Vistara point or 1 InterMile)
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel spends across the country
- Annual fee waiver on spending Rs. 25,000 with the card in the year
Yes Prosperity Edge Credit Card
As the name of the card suggests, the Yes Prosperity Edge credit card aims to offer exclusive rewards and benefits to the customers so they can live a prosperous and happy life. The card has various privileges over different spend categories but it is best suited for those individuals who prefer getting reward points for their credit card spends. Even though the card has a low joining fee of Rs. 399, it has many great features reward points, spend-based waivers, complimentary travel benefits, fuel perks, and much more. You can get the joining fee waived off by spending Rs. 15,000 in 90 days of getting the card, and the annual fee waived off on spending Rs. 75,000 or above in the last year.
- Bonus 15000 reward points on spends of Rs. 6 Lakhs or more in the previous year
- 4 reward points per Rs. 200 spent on retail purchases
- 2 reward points per Rs. 200 spent on other spends like groceries, tax payments, etc.
- Joining fee waiver on spending Rs. 15000 within 90 days of card issuance
- Renewal fee waiver on spending Rs. 75,000 or more in the previous year
Yes Prosperity Rewards Plus Credit Card
The Yes Prosperity Rewards Plus credit card is the superior variant of the Yes Prosperity Rewards card. The exclusive offers and benefits on the card aims at improving the lifestyle of cardholders and rewarding them for their spends. The card has a nominal Rs. 399 joining fee yet it has many things to offer to customers. You can get 4 reward points per Rs. 200 spent on retail and 2 reward points per Rs. 200 spent on utilities and tax payments. On making purchases through the Yes Cart, you get accelerated reward points that can be redeemed against dining, travel, etc. at the YesRewardz portal. Moreover, you get many more exclusive offers via the YesPrivileges portal.
- 4 reward points per Rs. 200 spent on retail
- 2 reward points per Rs. 200 spent on tax payments, utilities, bus lines, etc.
- 500 reward points on registering for YES PayNow
- Accelerated reward points on select purchases made via the Yes Cart.
- Spend-based joining and annual fee waiver
- Exclusive offers on wellness, travel, shopping, dining, etc. at the YesPrivileges portal
Yes Bank BYOC Credit Card
Yes Bank recently launched the BYOC credit card that stands for Build Your Own Card. The card charges Rs. 49 per month as membership and you have to pay a one-time fee based on the customized plastic you want on your card. There is the metal, eco-friendly, and plastic card variant to choose from. Not just this, you can even choose the rewards plan on the card based on your spending behavior and other requirements. The card is similar to the AU Bank Lit credit card where the cardholder can decide the rewards and benefits on the card. Apart from a decent reward rate, you can also choose from a range of golf, travel, and other exclusive benefits.
- Fully customizable card available in metal, eco-friendly, and plastic variant
- Cardholders can either choose from reward points or cashback
- You can choose either 1% cashback or 8 reward points per Rs. 200 spent
- You can even get accelerated cashback on select merchants according to your chosen plan
- Complimentary domestic airport lounge access
- Complimentary golf rounds per month
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to apply for Yes Bank credit cards –
- The applicant must be 21 to 60 years of age
- The applicant must be a citizen of India
- The applicant must be salaried or self-employed with a stable income
- The applicant must have a decent credit score
Also, the candidate must provide the following documents when applying for Yes Bank credit cards –
ID Proof – Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driver’s License, Passport, etc.
Address Proof – Aadhar Card, Rent Agreement, Ration Card, Passport, Latest Utility Bills, etc.
Income Proof – Salaried individuals need to provide the latest 2 months’ salary slips and the bank statements. Self-employed individuals need to provide their audited ITR of the previous year.
How to Apply for Yes Bank Credit Cards
It is possible to apply for Yes Bank credit cards both online and offline. Follow these steps to apply for Yes Bank credit cards –
- Visit the official Yes Bank website
- Click on the Apply Credit Card Digitally option
- Choose the credit card that you want to apply for
- Enter all the necessary details and provide the required documents
- Proceed further and the application will be submitted successfully
Credit Cards Comparison
The following table features a comparison between the Yes Bank credit cards –
|Category||Yes Bank EMI Credit Card||Yes Bank Prosperity Rewards Credit Card||Yes Bank Prosperity Edge Credit Card||Yes Bank BYOC Credit Card|
|Joining/Annual Fees||Rs. 499 plus taxes||Rs. 399 plus taxes||Rs. 399 plus taxes||Rs. 49 plus taxes per month|
|Reward Earning||1% cashback on retail spends 3% cashback on Yes Cart spends||2 RPs per Rs. 200 spent on all categories 1 RP per Rs. 200 spent on Select categories||4 RPs per Rs. 200 spent on all categories 2 RPs per Rs. 200 spent on select categories 500 RPs on Yes PayNow registration||1% cashback or 8 RPs per Rs. 200 spent on retail|
|Reward Redemption||Cashback is directly credited to the cardholders’ account||Redeem your RPs at YesRewardz portal against airmiles, movies, vouchers, recharges, etc.||Redeem your RPs at YesRewardz portal against airmiles, movies, vouchers, recharges, etc.||Redeem your RPs at YesRewardz portal against airmiles, movies, vouchers, recharges, etc.|
|Dining/Movie Benefits||NA||NA||8 RPs per Rs. 200 spent on dining||NA|
|Travel Benefits||NA||NA||1 complimentary domestic lounge access per quarter Complimentary Priority Pass membership for international lounge access at $27 per visit||1 complimentary lounge access per quarter|
|Spend-Based Waiver||Renewal fee is waived off on spending Rs. 1.2 Lakhs in the card anniversary year||Renewal fee is waived off on spending Rs. 25,000 or more in the year||Renewal fee is waived off on spending Rs. 75,000 in the previous year||NA|
Yes Bank is among the top credit card issuers in the country and the bank’s catalog of cards is great. You will find everything ranging from super-premium to mid-range to entry-level credit cards. There is something for every individual no matter their needs and requirements. However, for those who are new to credit cards, you are recommended to go for lifetime free credit cards.
As we read in the above article, Yes Bank currently does not offer any lifetime free credit cards. We talked about several other entry-level credit cards by Yes Bank that have a joining and annual fee of Rs. 500 or under that. If you are not after top-class benefits and privileges, you can go for these cards and build a decent credit history, all while earning reward points and cashback on your spends.