The SBI Shaurya Credit Card is one of the two SBI Credit Cards targeted at individuals who are serving the nation, i.e, defense personnel. The other card is the SBI Sharuya Select Credit Card, which can be considered a superior version of this card. the Shaurya SBI Card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 250 and welcomes its customers with 1,000 bonus Reward Points, which are equivalent to the joining fee itself. Moreover, the cardholders can earn up to 5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 and these points can be used to pay the card’s outstanding balance or against a host of products and gift vouchers.
Other than all this, it provides you with a complimentary insurance cover against personal accidents. Moreover, you get 1% fuel transactions with benefits up to Rs. 250 per month. You can also save more by getting the renewal fee waived off on the basis of your total annual spends. For more details about this card and its fees & charges, keep reading the article:
SBI Shaurya Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- 1,000 Reward Points as a welcome gift.
- Up to 5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100.
- Reward Points redeemable against the card’s outstanding balance.
- Spend-based waiver of the renewal fee.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
- Complimentary insurance cover against personal accident.
Rewards and Benefits
1,000 bonus Reward Points
Movie & Dining
1 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 and 5x Reward Points on groceries, dining, CSD, movies, departmental stores, etc.
The reward points you earn can be redeemed against various options from the Rewards catalogue or against the card’s outstanding balance at a rate of 1 RP = Re. 0.25.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Personal accident insurance cover worth Rs. 2 lakhs.
Zero Liability Protection
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
The renewal fee is waived off if you spend Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 on each redemption request.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 on each redemption request.
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign currency spends.
2.75% p.m. (33% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
Shaurya SBI Card Features and Benefits
The SBI Shaurya Credit Card is another credit card issued by SBI that is dedicated to the individuals serving the nation. It comes with a decent Reward Program and a few other advantages. Refer to the detailed information given below to understand all its features and details:
- You get 1,000 bonus Reward Points as a welcome benefit.
- You get the bonus Reward Points only after payment of the joining fee and the points are credited to your account within 15 days from the date of payment.
You get an insurance cover worth Rs. 2 lakhs against a personal accident.
The renewal fee of Rs. 250 is waived off if you have spent Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous anniversary year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000.
- The maximum waiver per statement cycle is capped at Rs. 250.
Shaurya SBI Card Reward Points
- You get 5 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 on dining, groceries, movies, and departmental stores.
- You get 1 Reward Point on every spend of Rs. 100 elsewhere.
- You can redeem your earned Reward Points against a host of products and gift vouchers from the SBI Rewards catalogue.
- You can also redeem your points to pay your card’s outstanding balance, where 1 RP = re. 0.25, i.e, 4 Reward Points = Re. 1.
- A reward redemption fee of Rs. 99 + GST will be charged on every redemption request you make.
SBI Shaurya Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements that you need to fulfill in order to get this credit card are as mentioned below:
- The applicant should be an Indian Defense Personnel.
- The applicant’s age should be a minimum of 18 years.
- The applicant should either be self-employed or salaried, i.e, they should have a stable source of income.
- The applicant should possess a decent credit history.
The documents required to apply for the Shaurya SBI Credit Card are as mentioned below:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Ration Card, Aadhar Card, Voter’s Id, Passport, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Latest utility bills (no older than three months), Ration Card, any government-approved address proof, etc.
- Income Proof: Latest Bank statements/salary slips, or latest audited ITR.
How To Apply For The SBI Shaurya Credit Card
You can apply for the Shaurya SBI Card using any of the following methods:
- Visit your nearest SBI branch with all the required documents (including identity proof, address proof, income proof, etc) and fill in all the physical application form to apply for this credit card.
- If you want to apply online, just open the SBI Card’s official website and apply for the Shaurya SBI Card by filling in the online application form.
- You can also apply by contacting the SBI Credit Cards customer care.
The SBI Shaurya Credit Card is a basic credit card that is issued to Indian defense personnel. With a very nominal joining & annual fee, the card allows its customers to save on all their spends. You get 1,000 bonus points as a welcome gift, which are equivalent to Rs. 250 and hence you get the joining fee back. Similarly, you can get the renewal fee waived off every year by achieving the required minimum spend. This is how you can make the card free for yourself and avail all its benefits with minimal charges. However, if you want to have a similar credit card with a higher reward rate, you can consider the Shaurya Select SBI Card which comes with a zero joining fee but a higher annual fee as compared to this card. Moreover, a few other banks, including Axis Bank, PNB, etc, also issue such credit cards like Axis Bank Pride Platinum Credit Card, PNB Rakshak Rupay Platinum Credit Card, etc.
The annual fee of the SBI Shaurya Credit Card is Rs. 250.
Yes, you can redeem your earned Reward Points to pay your card’s outstanding balance. 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25.
The cash advance fee of this credit card is 2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
Yes, you get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000 when you pay using your Shaurya SBI card. The maximum waiver per month is capped at Rs. 250.