The Shaurya Select SBI Credit Card comes exclusively for the people serving the nation by working in defense services, like Army, Navy, Paramilitary, and Airforce. It comes with a zero joining fee and charges a renewal fee of Rs. 1,499 every year from the second year. This renewal fee is waived off if you spend Rs. 1.5 lakhs or more in the previous year. Talking about its reward programs, you can earn up to 10 Reward Points on every Rs. 100 you spends and redeem your earned points against a wide array of options. Other than this, you get 1,500 bonus Reward Points every time you renew your card membership.
Apart from Reward Points, the card provides you with great milestone benefits. You get a complimentary Pizza hut e-voucher on achieving the quarterly milestone spend and a gift voucher from Yatra/Pantaloons on achieving the annual spend milestone. Other than all this, you get complimentary insurance cover against personal accident, fuel surcharge waiver, zero liability protection, etc. To know more about the Shaurya Select SBI Card and its fees & charges, keep reading the article:
SBI Shaurya Select Credit Card
Best Suited For
Reward Points |
- Exclusive for defense personnel.
- Get 10 Reward Points on every spend (Dining, Movies, Departmental Stores & Grocery spends) of Rs. 100.
- Get 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on all other spends.
- 1,500 bonus Reward Points on card renewal.
- Pizza hut e-voucher on achieving quarterly milestone spend.
- Yatra/Pantaloons e-voucher on achieving annual milestone spend.
- Complimentary insurance cover against personal accident.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions.
- Spend-based waiver of the renewal fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100, 5x Reward Points on dining, groceries, departmental stores, and movies.
The Reward Points can be redeemed against the card’s outstanding balance and various other options. 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Complimentary insurance cover worth Rs. 10 lakhs against personal accident.
Zero Liability Protection
The cardholder will not be liable for any fraudulent transactions made against a lost/stolen card if the card is reported lost to the bank in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
The renewal fee is waived off on spending Rs. 1,50,000 or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 on every redemption request
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rs. 99 on every redemption request
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign currency spends.
2.75% p.m. (33% annually)
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount or a minimum of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
SBI Shaurya Select RuPay Credit Card
The SBI Shaurya Select Credit Card comes loaded with exciting reward programs and other benefits to provide its customers with an opportunity to save more & more on all their spends. To understand all its features and benefits in detail, refer to the following information:
- You get 10 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 on dining, groceries, movies, and departmental stores.
- You get 2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 100 elsewhere.
- No Reward Points are earned on fuel transactions and cash withdrawals.
- The Reward Points you earn using this card can be redeemed against various options available at the SBI Card Rewards Page.
- You can also redeem your points against your card’s outstanding balance at a rate of 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25.
- You get a Pizza Hut e-voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 50,000 or more in a quarter.
- You get Yatra/Pantaloons e-voucher worth Rs. 7,000 on spending Rs. 5 lakhs or more in an anniversary year.
You get 1,500 bonus Reward Points every year on paying the renewal fee of the card.
The renewal fee of Rs. 1,499 is waived off if you have spent Rs. 1,50,000 or more in the previous anniversary year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000.
- The maximum waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per statement cycle for this credit card.
How To Apply For SBI Shaurya Select Credit Card?
- You can apply for the SBI Shaurya Select Card online as well as offline at your convenience. If you prefer offline methods, you can simply visit your nearest SBI branch with all the required documents and fill in the physical application form there.
- If you want to apply online from the comfort of your home via the SBI Card’s official website or by calling the SBI card customer care.
The Shaurya Select SBI Card is exclusively made for Indian defense personnel, i.e, for people who are serving in Army, Navy, Airforce, Paramilitary, etc. It comes embossed with the name of the branch of your service and hence is a matter of pride for individuals who get this card. Along with providing regular rewards on all your spends, the card earns you accelerated Reward Points on selected categories like groceries, dining, movies, etc, so you can save more every time no matter if you are purchasing something for your home, going out for movies, or shopping, or anything.
Some other card issuers also offer such credit cards targeted at defense personnel, like the Axis Bank Pride Signature Credit Card, PNB Rakshak RuPay Select Credit Card, etc. However, the SBI Shaurya Select Card has its own unique features and hence you must definitely consider applying for it if you are an eligible customer. If you have any further doubts regarding this card, you can let us know in the comment section below!
The joining fee of this credit card is zero. However, it charges an annual fee of Rs. 1,499 from the second year.
The value of 1 Reward Point you earn using the SBI Shaurya Select Credit Card is Re. 0.25.
You get the renewal fee waived off for this credit card by spending Rs. 1.5 lakhs or more in the previous year.
The interest rate on the SBI Shaurya Select Card is 2.75% p.m. (33% annually).