The ICICI Bank has recently launched three co-branded travel credit cards in partnership with the exclusive Emirates Airlines. The Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card is the most basic card out of the three, the Emirates ICICI Bank Emeralde Card being the most premium one. The Rubyx variant comes with a nominal joining and annual fee of Rs. 1,000 and is targeted at individuals who travel frequently via Emirates airlines and want to have an affordable credit card with maximum travel benefits for them. This card rewards you in the form of Skyward Miles and you can up to 1.5 Miles on every Rs. 100 you spend and redeem these miles against various options available on the Emirates Skywards website.
Talking about its other travel benefits, the cardholders get complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter on achieving the quarterly spend milestone. Moreover, you also get complimentary Dreamfolks membership, which can be used to access various domestic as well as international airport lounges worldwide. The Emirates ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card has several other benefits. To know all of them, keep reading the article:
Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card
Best Suited For
- Up to 1.5 Skyward Miles on every spend of Rs .100.
- Skyward Miles redeemable against travel-related booking via Emirates.com.
- Complimentary domestic airport lounge access.
- 25% discount on movie ticket bookings via BookMyShow.
- Exciting discount offers and deals on dining.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Rewards and Benefits
Movie & Dining
25% discount up to Rs. 100 on movie tickets via BookMyShow and exclusive discount offers on dining.
1.5 Skyward Miles on every retail spend of Rs. 100 and 1 Skyward Mile on every spend of Rs. 100 on utility and insurance.
The earned Skyward Miles are automatically credited to the cardholder’s Emirates Skywards account.
Complimentary domestic lounge access with the dreamfolks membership.
Domestic Lounge Access
1 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter on spending Rs. 5,000 or more in the previous quarter.
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
You are not liable for any fraudulent transactions made on a lost/stolen card if the loss is reported to the bank in a timely manner.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign currency spends
3.4% per month
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions at all fuel stations in India.
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500.
Add-on Card Fee
Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Rubyx variant of the Emirates co-branded credit card is the most basic card among the three cards issued by the bank in partnership with Emirates airlines. It comes with several exciting features and benefits across different categories as mentioned below:
- You get 1.5 Skyward Miles on every retail spend of Rs. 100.
- You get 1 Skyward Mile on every spend of Rs. 100 on utility and insurance categories.
- You don’t earn any Skyward Miles on fuel transactions, cash withdrawals, EMI transactions, balance transfers, etc.
- The Skyward Miles you earn are automatically credited to the Emirates Skywards account that is connected with your credit card’s registered mobile number.
- You can redeem your earned miles against travel-related bookings and various other options available on the Emirates Skywards website.
- You get 1 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter if you have spent Rs. 5,000 or more in the previous quarter.
- You get complementary Dreamfolks membership that can be used to access various domestic and international lounges worldwide. However, only the membership worth USD 99 is complimentary, and you need to pay the usage charges every time you visit a lounge (other than the complimentary visits).
Movie and Dining Benefits
- You can avail of a discount of 25% up to Rs. 100 on booking a minimum of two tickets via BookMyShow. This benefit can be availed twice every month.
- You can enjoy a discount of 15% or more on dining across several premium restaurants with the ICICI Bank’s Culinary Treats Programme.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions worth up to Rs. 4,000 at all authorized fuel stations in India.
Emirates ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card Fees and Charges
The detailed information about the fees and charges of the Emirates Skywards ICICI Rubyx Credit Card has been mentioned below:
- The joining and annual fee of the Emirates ICICI Bank Rubyx Card is Rs. 1,000 plus applicable taxes.
- The interest rate on this credit card is 3.4% per month or 40.8% per annum.
- The foreign currency markup fee of the Emirates ICICI Rubyx Credit Card is 3.5% of the transaction amount. This fee is charged when a transaction in a different currency is made using a credit card.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is 2.5% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500. This fee is charged when you withdraw cash using your credit card.
Emirates ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card Eligibility Criteria and Documentation
The exact eligibility criteria for the Emirates ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card has not been disclosed by the card issuer, but the basic eligibility requirements to get approved for this card are as mentioned below:
- The age of the primary cardholder should be 21 years or more.
- The age of the supplementary cardholder should be 18 years or more.
- The applicant should either be salaried or self-employed i.e, the applicant should have a stable source of income.
- The applicant should have a decent credit score.
You should have the following documents while applying for this credit card:
- Identity Proof: Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voters’ Id, PAN Card, etc (any one of these).
- Address Proof: Utility bills, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.
- Income Proof: Latest bank statements/salary slips, or Latest ITR.
How To Apply For The Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card
The ICICI Bank allows you to apply for the Emirates ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card online as well as offline at your convenience. If you want to apply online, you can simply visit the Emirates co-branded cards page of the ICICI Bank. Scroll down and click on ‘Get Rubyx Card Online.’ You will be redirected to a new page where you can start your application process by filling in all the required details as asked by the page and proceed further accordingly.
If you are someone who doesn’t prefer online methods, you can also apply offline by visiting your nearest ICICI Bank branch with all the required documents and filling in the physical application form for the same.
The Emirates ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Card is clearly a travel credit card that is best suited for people who travel more often via Emirates airlines. It is one of the three newly launched cards by the ICICI Bank, the other two cards being the Emirates ICICI Emeralde Credit Card and Emirates ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card. Being a card with a low annual fee, it can be considered a great choice for individuals who want to have a pocket-friendly card with a decent reward rate and exciting travel benefits. However, if you travel internationally, you should go with the Sapphiro or the Emeralde variant as both these cards provide complimentary international lounge access, but the Rubyx variant doesn’t offer this. And if the above benefits are everything that you were looking for, you can undoubtedly apply for the Emirates ICICI Bank Rubyc Credit Card.
No, you don’t get any welcome benefits with this card.
No, you don’t get complimentary international lounge access with the Emirates Skywards ICICI Rubyx Credit Card.
The interest rate on this credit card is 3.4% per month or 40.8% per annum.