The Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card is one of the three new co-branded travel credit cards issued by the ICICI Bank in collaboration with Emirates airlines, the other two cards being the Emirates ICICI Emeralde Credit Card and Emirates ICICI Rubyx Credit Card. The Sapphiro variant is issued at a joining fee of Rs. 5,000 and welcomes you with a bonus of 5,000 Skywards Miles that can be used for travel-related bookings via the Emirates Skywards website. You can gain up to 2 Skyward Miles per Rs. 100 spent with the card and redeem them for a host of options by logging in to your Emirates account.
Other than this, you get compelling travel benefits including complimentary Emirates Skywards silver tier membership which can be upgraded to the Gold tier on achieving the milestone spend from the second year. You also get complimentary domestic as well as international lounge access every year and a lot more benefits. Talking about its entertainment privileges, you can avail of up to 2 complimentary movie tickets monthly under the Buy 1 Get 1 free (BOGO) offer. The Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card has a lot more exciting benefits and features. To know all of them, go through the complete article:
Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card
Best Suited For
- Welcome benefit of 5,000 bonus Skyward Miles.
- Complimentary Emirates Skywards Silver Tier membership.
- Up to 2 Skyward Miles per Rs. 100 spent.
- Complimentary access to domestic & international airport lounges.
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free movie tickets via BookMyShow.
- Exciting discounts on dining bills with the Culinary Treats Programme.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Rewards and Benefits
5,000 bonus Skyward Miles and complimentary Emirates Skywards Silver Tier membership.
Movie & Dining
Buy 1 Get 1 Free movie tickets on BookMyShow
2 Skyward Miles on every Rs. 100 spend, 1 Skyward Mile per Rs. 100 spent on insurance and utility.
The Skyward Miles that you earn will be automatically credited to your Emirates Skywards account.
Complimentary access to domestic and international lounges as well as spa sessions.
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary access to domestic lounges per quarter if you spend Rs. 5,000 in the previous quarter.
International Lounge Access
2 complimentary access to international lounges annually.
Zero Liability Protection
Zero liability for the cardholder in case of any fraudulent transaction is performed with the card post the time of reporting the loss of card to the bank.
Fees & Charges
Spend based Waiver
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all international transactions.
3.40% per month
1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions
Cash Advance Charge
2.5% of the amount or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
Emirates Skywards ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Features and Benefits
The Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card is the second most premium card offered by the bank in collaboration with Emirates airlines. The card offers exciting travel privileges and a lot more benefits in other categories. To know detailed features and benefits of the Emirates ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card, refer to all the points cited below:
- You get 5,000 bonus Skywards Miles as a welcome advantage.
- You get complimentary Emirates Skywards Silver Tier membership.
- You get 2 Skyward Miles per Rs. 100 retail spends.
- You get 1 Skyward Mile per Rs. 100 spent on insurance and utility spends.
- No Skyward Miles on cash withdrawals, fuel transactions, EMI transactions, etc.
- Your earned Skyward Miles are automatically credited to your Emirates Skywards account.
- The Skyward Miles earned are redeemable for travel-related bookings and several other options via the Emirates website.
On achieving an annual spend of Rs. 5 lakhs in an anniversary year, you can get a complimentary upgrade to the Emirates Skywards Gold Tier membership.
- Enjoy 2 complimentary access to domestic lounges per quarter if you spend Rs. 5,000 or above in the last quarter.
- You get 2 complimentary access to international lounges annually with the Dreamfolks membership.
- You get 2 complimentary spa sessions at Indian airports annually.
Movie & Dining Benefits
- You can enjoy Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer for movie tickets via BookMyShow twice every month with the price of the complimentary ticket capped at Rs. 500.
- You get exclusive discount offers and deals on dining with the Culinary Treats Programme.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases at all fuel stations in India.
Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Fees & Charges
- The Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card charges a joining and annual fee of Rs. 5,000.
- The finance charges applicable on the card are 3.4% per month or 40.8% annually.
- The foreign currency markup fee applicable on the Emirates ICICI bank Sapphiro Card is 3.5% of the transaction amount. The markup fee is charged whenever you perfrom an international transaction using your credit card.
- The cash advance fee applicable on this credit card is 2.5% of the cash amount withdrawn or flat Rs. 500.
Emirates Skywards ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card Eligibility Criteria & Documentation
You need to fulfill basic eligibility criteria to get approved for the Emirates Skywards ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card, which is as mentioned below:
- The primary cardholder needs to be above 21 years of age.
- The age of the supplementary cardholder should be 18 years or above.
- The applicant should either be self-employed or salaried.
- The applicant’s credit score should be well maintained.
You should have the documents mentioned below while applying for this credit card:
- Identity Proof: Voters’ Id, Driving License, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, etc (any one of these).
- Address Proof: Utility bills, Passport, Aadhar Card, Driving License, etc.
- Income Proof: Latest salary slips/bank statements, or Latest ITR.
How To Apply For The Emirates Skywards ICICI Sapphiro Credit Card
The Emirates ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card can be applied online or offline as per your comfort. To apply online, what you need to do is just visit the ICICI Bank’s Emirates co-branded cards page by clicking here. Scroll down and click on ‘Get Sapphiro Card Online.’ You will be redirected to a new page where you can start your application process. Fill in all the required details as asked by the page and proceed further accordingly. For offline procedure, visit your nearest ICICI Bank branch and fill in the physical application form for the same.
After discussing all the benefits of the card, it would have become clear that the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card is best suited for people who love to travel and especially for those who travel very often via Emirates airlines. You don’t only earn Skywards miles, but also get complimentary access to airport lounges at domestic and international airports across the world. Other than this, people who love movies can also consider this card as it lets you avail yourself of up to two complimentary movie tickets per month when booking tickets via BookMyShow.
Though it comes with a quite high annual fee, it can be hard to get for low-income individuals, but they don’t need to get disappointed as the card issuer has kept all the segments of people in mind and launched three credit cards with different annual fees. So, you can go with the Rubyx variant if the annual fee of Rs. 5,000 seems to be really high for you. And if you think this is the right choice for you, you should apply for it as soon as possible. Just make sure to review the eligibility criteria before it.
You can not get the renewal fee waived for your Emirates Skywards ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card.
The finance charges applciable on the card are 3.40% per month.
Yes, you get 2 complimentary access to domestic lounges per quarter on spending Rs. 5,000 or more in the previous quarter.
The add-on card fee for this credit card is Rs. 250.