The Citi Rewards Credit Card aims at delivering its cardholders with lucrative Reward offers across several categories. With a joining fee of Rs. 1,000, the card offers an amazing opportunity as a welcome benefit to earn up to 2,500 bonus Reward Points. The card offers 1 Reward Point per Rs. 125 spent and 10x Reward Points or purchases made on apparel & departmental stores. Not only this, but one can also receive bonus Reward Points every month by spending Rs. 30,000 or more in a month.
These Reward Points are redeemable against a variety of categories, including fuel, AirMiles, cashback, etc. The card has a nominal yearly fee of Rs. 1,000, which can be waived off on spending Rs. 30,000 or more in the previous year. Read on for more information on Citibank Rewards Credit Card.
Citi Rewards Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
A discount of up to 20% on dining at partnered restaurants.
1 Reward point for spending Rs. 125 and 10 Reward Points on Rs. 125 you spend on departmental stores.
The Reward Points are redeemable against Air Miles, product catalog, or cash back whenever you want with a rate of 1 RP = up to Re. 0.30.
Domestic Lounge Access
International Lounge Access
Zero Liability Protection
The card member will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions made on the card once the card is reported lost/stolen to the bank.
Spend Based Waiver
Get the renewal fee waiver on spending Rs. 30,000 or more in the previous year.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign currency spends
3.75% per month (45% per month)
1% fuel surcharge is waived off at all Indian Oil outlets for a minimum fuel transaction of Rs. 10.
Cash Advance Charges
2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs. 500 (whichever is higher)
Add-on Card Fee
- Up to 2,500 Reward Points as a welcome gift.
- 1 Reward Points per Rs. 125 you spend.
- 10x Reward Points on apparel & departmental stores.
- Get 300 bonus Reward Points by spending Rs. 30,000 or more every month.
- Spend Rs. 30,000 or more in the previous year and the renewal fee for the card can be waived off.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel transactions.
Citibank Rewards Credit Card Features & Benefits
The Rewards Credit Card issued by Citibank is one of its most popular credit cards as it offers a great reward rate across all the categories. Apart from this, it showcase several benefits and features, which are discussed below:
- Get 1,500 bonus Reward Points within 30 days of card activation on making the first transactions with the card.
- You get additional 1,000 bonus Reward Points on making a transaction of Rs. 1,000 within 60 days of card issuance.
You get 300 bonus Reward Points on a minimum monthly spend of Rs. 30,000 on your Citi Rewards Credit Card.
Joining and Renewal Fee Waiver
On spending Rs. 30,000 or more, the annual fee of Rs. 1,000 with the card can be waived off.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
Get a 1% waiver on fuel surcharge at all authorized Indian Oil outlets on transactions above Rs. 10.
Citibank Rewards Credit Card Rewards:
- You get 1 Reward Point every time you spend Rs. 125.
- You get 10 Reward Points per Rs. 125 spent on apparel & departmental stores.
- The incremental reward points under the 10x category are capped at 504 points per month, i.e., the additional 9x Reward Points earned on departmental and apparel stores are capped at 504 Reward Points per statement cycle, which means that you earn the maximum number of Reward Points on spending a minimum of Rs. 7,000.
- No Reward Points are earned on certain categories on spends including fuel, educational institutions, government institutions, insurance, toll payments, and utility purchases.
- These Reward Points can be redeemed anytime as they never expire.
The Reward Points earned on Citi Rewards Credit Card can be redeemed against fuel at Indian Oil outlets, product catalog, Air Miles/InterMiles, and cashback at the rates given below:
|Redemption Category||Value of 1 RP||Minimum Points required for redemption|
|Fuel at Indian Oil outlets||Re. 0.25||250|
|In-store shopping at partner brands/online shopping||Re. 0.30||250|
|Online travel site||Re. 0.25||250|
Citi Rewards Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
The following table shows the eligibility criteria to get approved for the Rewards credit card:
|Age||Above 21 years|
|Income||Stable source of Income|
|Credit Score||Decent credit score (750 or above)|
Following are the documents required to apply for the Rewards credit card by CitiBank:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter’s Id, Passport, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Utility Bills of latest months, Passport, etc.
- Proof of Income: Latest audited ITR, or latest bank statements/salary slips.
How To Apply for Citi Rewards Credit Card?
Apply for the Citi Rewards Credit Card either by visiting the closest branch or by the online method as follows:
- Go to Citibank online website.
- Click on the option ‘Apply Now’ on the right side of your screen.
- Choose the ‘Citi Rewards Credit Card.’
- Click on the option ‘Apply Now’ again.
- Be ready with all your documents and complete all the formalities as required by the website.
Also Check: First Citizen Citi Credit card.
If you want a credit card offering great Reward Programs, the Citi Rewards Credit card by Citibank is for you. Along with providing exciting Reward offers, Reward Points can be redeemed against an array of categories and you can redeem them anytime as these points never expire. Moreover, all its welcome benefits, renewal fee waiver, fuel surcharge waiver, spend-based monthly bonus, etc, give you an even more strong reason to choose this card. Keeping all its exclusive Reward offers & saving benefits in mind, it can hereby be concluded that anyone, who is looking for a decent credit card with exciting advantages, can definitely go with the Citi Reward Credit Card.
No, you do not earn any Reward Points for fuel transactions with your Citi Rewards Credit Card.
The annual interest rate on the Citi Rewards Credit Card is 45% per annum (3.75% per month).
Yes, the Reward Points you earn through your Citi Rewards Credit card are redeemable against AirMiles/InterMiles at a rate of 1 Reward Point = 0.75 AirMile/InterMile.
Yes, you can apply offline for the Citi Rewards Credit Card by visiting the nearest Citibank branch.
Redeem Reward Points earned against AirMiles/InterMiles, Product catalogue, fuel purchases on Indian Oil outlets, and cashback.