The PNB RuPay Select Credit Card is one of the popular basic credit cards issued by the Punjab National Bank. It comes with a joining fee of Rs. 500 and earns you 300 bonus Reward Points as a welcome benefit. The annual fee of the card is Rs. 750, but you can get it waived off easily just by using your credit card for a minimum of one retail transaction every quarter. So, you can easily make your PNB RuPay Select Card lifetime free from the second year. Coming to its reward program, the card earns you 2 Reward Points (1 Reward Point = Re. 0.5) for every Rs. 150 you spend. Moreover, you can earn double benefits in the first three months of your card membership as you earn accelerated reward points for the transactions you make in the first 90 days.
To make your travel experiences more rewarding, the card comes with complimentary access to domestic airport lounges in India. Other than all this, more benefits of this credit card include complimentary insurance cover, fuel surcharge waiver, waiver of the annual fee, and many more. To understand all the advantages of this credit card and its detailed fees & charges, go through the complete article:
PNB RuPay Select Credit Card
Best Suited For
Movie & Dining
Exclusive cashback offers on dining across several participating restaurants.
2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
1 Reward Point = Re. 0.5 for redemption against various categories at the PNB Rewardz portal.
Complimentary airport lounge access.
Domestic Lounge Access
2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access every quarter.
International Lounge Access
4 Complimentary Airport Lounge Access
Complimentary insurance cover worth Rs. 10 lakhs against accidental death.
Zero Liability Protection
As a PNB Credit Cardholder, you won't be liable for any fraudulent transactions made on a lost/stolen card once the loss is reported to the bank.
Spend Based Waiver
The annual fee of Rs. 750 can be waived off if you have used your card at least once every quarter.
Rewards Redemption Fee
Rewards Redemption Fee
Foreign Currency Markup
3.5% on all foreign currency transactions
2.95% per month
1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000.
Cash Advance Charges
2% of the withdrawn amount subject to a specific a minimum amount
Add-on Card Fee
- Welcome benefit of 300 bonus Reward Points.
- 2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- 2x Reward Points on all merchandise/online transactions within the first 90 days.
- 50 bonus Reward Points on registration for the e-bill facility.
- Complimentary airport lounge access.
- Complimentary insurance cover worth Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Spend-based waiver of the annual membership fee.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
PNB RuPay Select Credit Card Features And Benefits
The PNB RuPay Select Credit Card is one of the most popular PNB Credit Cards that are issued on the RuPay platform. It is a basic card and hence comes with some decent privileges across some important categories, including reward programs, travel privileges, etc. To understand all its features and benefits in detail, refer to the following information:
- You get 300 bonus Reward Points on making your first transaction within the first 90 days from card issuance.
- You get 2x Reward Points on all online/merchandise purchases made within the first 90 days after the card activation date.
Airport Lounge Access
You get 2 complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter with the PNB RuPay Select Credit Card.
You will also get 4 complimentary international airport lounge access with the PNB RuPay Select Credit Card.
You get an insurance cover worth Rs. 10 lakhs against accidental death or total personal disability.
The annual fee of Rs. 750 is waived off for the next year if you have used your credit card at least once each quarter in the previous anniversary year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- You get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver for all fuel transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000.
- The maximum fuel surcharge waiver is capped at Rs. 250 per billing cycle for this credit card.
PNB RuPay Select Credit Card Reward Points
- You get 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on retail purchases using this card.
- No Reward Points are earned on fuel purchases, cash withdrawals, or jewelry purchases.
- The Reward Points you earn using this card are only valid for three years from the date of accrual.
- The Reward Points you earn can be redeemed by logging into the PNB Rewardz portal.
- 1 Reward Point = Re. 0.50 for redemption against various products, hotel bookings, mobile/DTH recharges, etc.
- The cardholder should have a minimum of 500 Reward Points for redemption.
PNB RuPay Select Credit Card Fees and Charges
- The joining fee of the PNB RuPay Select Credit Card is Rs. 500 (for the first year only).
- The annual fee (second year onwards) of the PNB RuPay Select Credit Card is Rs. 750, which is waived off if you use your credit card at least once every quarter.
- The interest rate on this credit card is 2.95% per month.
- The forex markup fee on the PNB RuPay Select Card is 3.5% on all transactions in a foreign currency.
- The cash advance fee on this credit card is as follows:
– PNB Domestic ATMs: 2% of the withdrawn amount or a minimum of Rs. 150.
– Other Domestic ATMs: 2% of the withdrawn amount or a minimum of Rs. 200.
– Overseas ATMs: 2% of the withdrawn amount or a minimum of Rs. 250.
PNB RuPay Select Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
To get any credit card, the applicants need to fulfill some specific eligibility criteria, which are based on different factors including their age, income, credit score, residence, etc. The basic eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill in order to get approved for the PNB RuPay Select Credit Card are as follows:
- The age of the primary cardholder should be 21 years to 65 years.
- The age of the supplementary cardholder should be 18 years to 65 years.
- The applicant should have a stable source of income.
- Any valid government-issued card as an identity and address proof.
- Copy of PAN Card.
- A passport-size photograph.
- Latest 3 months’ salary slips as income proof of salaried individuals.
- Latest ITR of self-employed people.
PNB RuPay Select Card Limit
With the PNB Rupay Select Credit Card, you can get a credit limit of up to Rs. 10 lakhs. However, it can also be very less for a few cardholders, but you will most probably get a minimum limit of Rs. 50,000 with this credit card. The credit limit varies for different credit cardholders on the basis of their past payment behavior and their income. However, you always have an option to apply for a higher credit limit if you are not satisfied with the limit that you have got with this credit card. Just contact your credit card customer care or visit your nearest branch to request a higher credit limit on your credit card.
How To Apply For The PNB RuPay Select Credit Card?
There are two ways to apply for the PNB RuPay Select Credit Card:
- Visit your nearest Punjab National Bank branch with all the required documents as mentioned above, take the physical application form from the bank officials, fill it out, and submit the form and the documents at the branch.
- You can also download the form from the PNB Card’s official website, take a printout of it, fill in all the details, and then go to your nearest branch and submit the form with all the required documents.
The PNB RuPay Select Credit Card can be considered a great choice for everyone who wants to have a pocket-friendly credit card to save more on their spends. The best thing about this credit card is that you can make it lifetime free for yourself from the second year just by using your card regularly. Recently, the co-branded variant of this credit card, the ‘PNB RuPay Select Patanjali Credit Card‘ has also been launched by the bank in partnership with Patanjali. The features of this co-branded card are very similar to the RuPay Select Credit Card, but the co-branded one just provides additional cashback on Patanjali products and hence is a better choice for Patanjali loyal customers. However, if you don’t use much of Patanjali products, you can undoubtedly go with the non-co-branded variant, which is PNB RuPay Select Credit Card.
Yes, the reward points you earn using this card can be redeemed against mobile/DTH recharges by logging in to the PNB Rewardz portal. The value of 1 Reward Point is Re. 0.50.
The annual fee of the PNB RuPay Select Credit Card is Rs. 750 from the second year. However, the joining fee is Rs. 500.
When you withdraw cash from a domestic PNB ATM using this credit card, the cash advance fee will be 2% of the withdrawn amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 150.
You get 8 complimentary domestic lounge access every year (capped at 2 complimentary visits per quarter) with this credit card.