IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card is a decent credit card that provides the cardholders with generous rewards and benefits while the cardholders make regular spends using this credit card. The cardholders will also get exclusive welcome benefits once they successfully pay the joining fee of the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card. They also get a complimentary golf game and lesson and also get complimentary Priority Pass Membership. Additionally, you are also offered deals on movie ticket bookings. Placed at a joining of Rs. 3,000, the rewards and benefits that this credit card provides are quite in sync with the fee that this credit card charges. This credit card does not charge any renewal fee from the cardholders.
On the other hand, the SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card is an entry-level credit card that is quite famous among new entrants in the field of credit cards. This credit card offers huge reward points as a welcome benefit and provides you with accelerated rewards while you spend on some specific categories using this credit card. This card also provides you fuel surcharge waiver and waiver of renewal fee on the basis of spends that you make using your credit card. Since this is a very basic credit card, this card does not provide cardholders with any major value-added benefits. The joining and renewal fee of this credit card is placed at Rs. 499 which is quite nominal.
Both the credit cards, namely IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card and SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card offer a wide range of rewards and deals to their customers in their individual categories. Keep reading the article to know more about the features and benefits that individual credit card offers to have a better understanding of these credit cards.
IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card
IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card decent credit card that provides cardholders with generous reward points while they shop using their credit card. This credit card provides you with exclusive offers and deals from well-known brands in the form of welcome benefits. Additionally, this card provides the cardholders with some value-added benefits such as complimentary golf games and lessons and also with complimentary Priority Pass Membership. Placed at a joining fee of Rs. 3,000, following are the detailed features and benefits that come along with this credit card –
- As a welcome benefit, the cardholders are offered exclusive deals on premium brands such as Montblanc, Vero Moda, ALDO, William Penn EazyDiner etc.
- Apart from this, you also get Luxe Gift Cards, Amazon Gift Cards, Apollo Gift Cards etc as welcome benefits for this credit card.
- The cardholders will get 1.5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent using this credit card.
- You will get 0.7 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent on utility bill payments, insurance premium payments, etc.
- Under the Travel Plus Program offered by the IndusInd Bank at an annual fee of Rs. 5,000, the cardholders get access to all international and domestic lounges by paying US $27 per person per visit.
- With the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card, the cardholder will get one movie ticket free on the purchase of one movie ticket while booking the tickets through BookMyShow. This offer can be claimed up to 2 times in a month and the price of the movie ticket is capped at Rs. 200.
- With this credit card, the cardholders get to enjoy 4 complimentary golf games and 4 complimentary golf lessons every year. The games and lessons are capped at 1 each per quarter.
- The cardholders are also entitled to multiple insurance benefits such as Cover against lost baggage, delayed baggage, loss of passport, lost ticket, air accidental death cover, etc.
- The cardholders will get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver of 1% at all fuel stations in India on transactions between Rs. 400 – Rs. 4,000.
- The points hence earned with this credit card can be redeemed for a variety of options available on the website –
– For redemption against InterMiles, 100 Reward Points = 100 InterMiles
– For redemption against Partner Airlines Vistara, 100 Reward Points = 100 CV Points
– For redemption against cash, 1 RP = Rs. 0.85
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card is an entry-level credit card that is best suitable for new entrants in this field. This card lets you earn higher reward points while spending on movies, departmental stores, dining, and grocery. The cardholders cannot enjoy any value-added benefits with this credit card as this is a very basic credit card but is best suitable for those who would just like to earn reward points on their regular spends. Placed at a joining and renewal fee of Rs. 499, this card comes with various features that are discussed in this article below –
- A welcome benefit of 2,000 reward points on spending Rs. 2,000 through your credit card within 60 days of issuance of the credit card.
- 10x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent towards movie, dining, departmental store and grocery spends.
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories.
- As a milestone benefit, the annual fee for the succeeding year of SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card will be waived off on spending of Rs. 1,00,000 in the preceding year.
- You are entitled to a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions of Rs. 500 to Rs. 3,000 at all fuel stations across India. The waiver amount is capped at a maximum of Rs. 100 per statement cycle.
- The reward points earned with SBI SimplySave Credit Card can be redeemed against the gift vouchers available at www.sbicard.com or by logging in to the SBI Mobile Application.
- The points can also be used for paying the outstanding balance towards your credit card, wherein 4 Reward Points = Re. 1.
Now that we have discussed about the features of both the cards individually, let us now have a quick comparison between the IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card and SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card-
|Basis||IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card||SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card|
|Reward Rate|| || |
|Reward Rate|| || |
|Fuel Surcharge Waiver|| || |
|Welcome Benefits|| || |
|Dining Benefits & Movie Benefits|| || |
|Milestone Benefit|| || |
|Lounge Access|| || |
|Joining Fee|| || |
|Renewal Fees|| || |
|Eligibility|| || |
Both the credit cards namely IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card and SBI SimplySAVE Credit Cards are quite decent credit cards that provide the cardholders with rewards and benefits while they continue to spend using their credit card. The IndusInd Bank Platinum Credit Card has been designed to target the millennials who quite frequently shop for apparel and luxury items. This card is quite suitable for those individuals who would like to enjoy travel and lifestyle benefits without paying a heavy joining fee on a credit card. This credit card provides you with complimentary Priority Pass membership and a complimentary golf game and lesson. Additionally, this card also provides you with various insurance benefits.
On the other hand, the SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card is a basic credit card that has been curated for those individuals who are new to the field of credit cards and would just want to earn reward points on their spending. This credit card would be quite beneficial for those individuals who regularly spend on groceries, dining, movies, and departmental stores using a credit card as this credit card provides higher reward points while spending on these categories. But the customer will have to ultimately decide which card he wants to opt for after going through the rewards and benefits of the individual credit cards and also on the basis of his own needs and demands.
For any further queries related to these credit cards, feel free to ask us in the comment section below!
Also Check: SBI Prime Vs Simply Save Credit Card